Thread: Requirements for moving up a Tier?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Question Requirements for moving up a Tier?

In PC1's career mode, you had to win a championship to move onto the next thing - either to the next championship within that discipline or upwards to the next Tier.

Is this the same in Project Cars 2? Do I have to win to move on?

This was my big problem with the career in PC1, I found myself tweaking the difficulty so that I could just about win - as I don't really want to replay a championship. I got stuck having to replay Formula Gulf once before realising that a series win was required, and hated having to drive round that desert another half dozen times...

Basically, I'd much prefer to set up it some I'm in or around the top 5 consistently and then if I do actually win a championship outright it feels like more of an achievement. But without having the worry that I'm going to have to grind through the same series again to progress.

Obviously, the AI difficulty and consistency is borked at the moment anyway, so it's a bit of a moot point currently. But once the patch(es) arrive to fix this it would be helpful to know what sort of difficulty I should be aiming for.
    The following user likes this Post: Chimildo

Platform
    PC
    Podium is good enough.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: graham228221

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by graham228221 View Post
    Basically, I'd much prefer to set up it some I'm in or around the top 5 consistently and then if I do actually win a championship outright it feels like more of an achievement. But without having the worry that I'm going to have to grind through the same series again to progress.
    It's an interesting dilemma, isn't it? Career really blooms for me once I've reached the championships I love the most and don't mind replaying if needed, which means I can up the AI difficulty without having to worry about progression.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Podium is good enough.
    Rad that's peeeeerfect! Time to notch up the difficulty then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenzic View Post
    It's an interesting dilemma, isn't it?
    I don't really want to be bumbling around at the back, but setting the difficulty just right so that I can win, but not by too much, is almost impossible on any racing game. I really just want to be able to feel like I'm capable of top 10 if I do ok, top 5 if I push, podium if I really push and win if I have a brilliant race. And allow for variation in car capability, driving style etc between tracks. Just needing a top 3 championship finish is about right I think.