Page 282 of 283 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283 LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2826

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    From Quozl:

Hi, I'm trying to get PC2 to work with my HTC Vive and so far have had no luck with the game hanging at launch at the white Bandai Namco screen.

All other VR games work perfectly launching from steam and Project Cars 2 works perfectly launching it from Steam to play using the monitor.

Specs are Windows 10 Pro
    i7 5930 k @3.5 Ghz
    16Gb ram
    Samsung SSD
    Geforce GTX 1080Ti
    HTC Vive

I have searched the forums but haven't found any posts with this exact issue and I'm looking for help to get this working in VR

Cheers Q
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    PC
    Quozl, I can't help you because I don't own VR, but the reason why you can't submit the original post it's the "@" you use in "i7 5930 k @3.5 Ghz".
    It looks to the system an email, and you can't post that until you reach 5 posts.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-07-2019 at 11:41.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, quozl

Platform
    PC
    Thanks mate, I was scratching my head for ages on why it wouldn't post.

Anyway got the VR Vive issue sorted, it seems the game had hard crashed as when I tried to start it in monitor mode I got the same white Bandai Namco screen. A quick reboot and restart of steam and plugged in the Vive and it fired right up in VR mode.

Must say the game looks amazing in VR, so much immersion.

Now to sort out my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel and Club Sport pedal settings and the force feedback settings and figure out how to control everything in VR.

Really looking forward to getting back into this again I used to use sim racing with Richard Burns Rally to keep my eye in for our real rallies so hoping this will get the juices flowing again :-)

I imagine my next stop will be upgrading to a new wheel and pedal combo as this one is a bit long in the tooth though still working perfectly after all these years.

Cheers Q
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Konan, PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by quozl View Post
    Thanks mate, I was scratching my head for ages on why it wouldn't post.

Anyway got the VR Vive issue sorted, it seems the game had hard crashed as when I tried to start it in monitor mode I got the same white Bandai Namco screen. A quick reboot and restart of steam and plugged in the Vive and it fired right up in VR mode.

Must say the game looks amazing in VR, so much immersion.

Now to sort out my Fanatec GT3 RS wheel and Club Sport pedal settings and the force feedback settings and figure out how to control everything in VR.

Really looking forward to getting back into this again I used to use sim racing with Richard Burns Rally to keep my eye in for our real rallies so hoping this will get the juices flowing again :-)

I imagine my next stop will be upgrading to a new wheel and pedal combo as this one is a bit long in the tooth though still working perfectly after all these years.

Cheers Q
    Also have a look at JetSeat. I really adds so much.

WMD Member
    Why?

Reflections is important, try to go up to High if possible

Platform
    PC
    You mentioned to set cockpit and helmet FOV as 38 but in your screenshot it is 82. So I'm a little confused.

Platform
    PC
    I just did a quick race at Daytona OVAL track. When i'm driving through the banked turn my world view in VR is still perpendicular. How do I fix this?

Platform
    PC
    Have any Rift S owners found a fix for the misaligned HUD? I know that PC2 stopped receiving any updates at all, just over a year ago, which was many months before the launch of the Oculus Rift S, but there must surely be some sort of fix for the general HUD position, when in VR?...

On the Rift S, the HUD is set much too far to the top-left of your viewing space.
    i7-8700K | 1080 Ti | Oculus Rift S | msaa: medium, car/track detail: medium, SS: 1.3, filtering: trilinear.
    YouTube: VR Gameplay.

Platform
    PC
    I didn't notice this when I tried out a rift S.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post
    Have any Rift S owners found a fix for the misaligned HUD? I know that PC2 stopped receiving any updates at all, just over a year ago, which was many months before the launch of the Oculus Rift S, but there must surely be some sort of fix for the general HUD position, when in VR?...

On the Rift S, the HUD is set much too far to the top-left of your viewing space.
    You can change all the HUD positions by using the right number keys when in HUD setup screen. I just canīt remember whether you have to use Ctrl or Alt along with it but I donīt think so. Just give it a try.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de