Page 273 of 274 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274 LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2733

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    I am able to ultra everything in TT with mid MSAA and 1.3 SS and hold 90fps and everything looks great! I guess tracking other cars puts A LOT of load on the CPU. (GPU still isn't fully utilized, but it occasionally broke into the 90's in TT)

-I just have to remember to dial the settings back before I race online.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I am able to ultra everything in TT with mid MSAA and 1.3 SS and hold 90fps and everything looks great! I guess tracking other cars puts A LOT of load on the CPU. (GPU still isn't fully utilized, but it occasionally broke into the 90's in TT)

-I just have to remember to dial the settings back before I race online.
    All in ultra and maintain 90fps in vr? Mm I never managed that with my pc and I don’t have a slug..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    All in ultra and maintain 90fps in vr? Mm I never managed that with my pc and I don’t have a slug..
    * Only in TT* where I am the only car and the weather is always nice.

As soon as I leave time trial, and introduce other cars to the PC's workload, I have to run lower settings.
    Last edited by Twinz; 27-01-2019 at 14:26.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    * Only in TT* where I am the only car and the weather is always nice.

As soon as I leave time trial, and introduce other cars to the PC's workload, I have to run lower settings.
    Ah ok I see. That makes sense...
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As I understood the "new" ASW only works when implemented by the developer into the software. And I don't think it is out yet anyhow. It would have been all over https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus if it did.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Guys looking for a way (ini or mod) to raise saturations and make all colors more vibrant in my lcd HMD.
    Any help welcome

Platform
    PC
    we need your systems specs to help you also what VR headset do you have ?
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    we need your systems specs to help you also what VR headset do you have ?
    No idea why you need my system spec in this case ?
    ( Pimax 5k plus, i7 8700k, rtx 2080 Ti OC )

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    My son wanted a gaming pc, and I decided to build him one (I've got a lot of gaming backround when I was younger). When we got the system running, I started thinking that I could actually play something as well. I remember really liking rally and racing games when I last played (more than 10 years ago), so I started looking around to see what the current racing games/sims are and found PC2. It's been a bit of an expensive run since, as I needed a wheel (G29), then I needed a bigger screen (35" UWQHD) and the I needed to upgrade to RTX 2080 to play PC2 on that screen. And then I got to test an Oculus Rift...

The experience with the Rift has been amazing, the immersion level is huge and the cars are easier to drive as you really see the corners coming up, you can look into the apex and judge the exit much better etc. However, I've struggled a lot with the graphical settings. I came from 2D with almost everything maxed out and the Rift did run with those with ASW and SS 1.0. The picture was just too blurry to really enjoy racing. For me the biggest issue is the "noise" in the picture. I keep my focus on the horizon, and I'd like to see the upcoming corner from far away. I've experimented with the settings a lot now and have come down in general settings to low/mid level and turning most of the extra options off. Antialiasing is on trilinear, putting it higher eats GPU power but does not improve the image significantly. These settings allow me to run MSAA High and SS 1.5 which together significantly improves picture clarity. These setting run on most tracks with 90fps, with 5-10% overhead and normally the drops to 45fps are occasional.

I think ASW is doing a pretty good job thoughe as the occasional drops to 45fps are not too disturbing. I did notice that when settings were too high, the constant 45fps did feel a bit less clear and immersive.

I've been reading this thread a lot, thanks for everyone who's contributed.
    Last edited by Chrhun; 11-02-2019 at 12:01.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981, roddypoddy

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrhun View Post
    My son wanted a gaming pc, and I decided to build him one (I've got a lot of gaming backround when I was younger). When we got the system running, I started thinking that I could actually play something as well. I remember really liking rally and racing games when I last played (more than 10 years ago), so I started looking around to see what the current racing games/sims are and found PC2. It's been a bit of an expensive run since, as I needed a wheel (G29), then I needed a bigger screen (35" UWQHD) and the I needed to upgrade to RTX 2080 to play PC2 on that screen. And then I got to test an Oculus Rift...

The experience with the Rift has been amazing, the immersion level is huge and the cars are easier to drive as you really see the corners coming up, you can look into the apex and judge the exit much better etc. However, I've struggled a lot with the graphical settings. I came from 2D with almost everything maxed out and the Rift did run with those with ASW and SS 1.0. The picture was just too blurry to really enjoy racing. For me the biggest issue is the "noise" in the picture. I keep my focus on the horizon, and I'd like to see the upcoming corner from far away. I've experimented with the settings a lot now and have come down in general settings to low/mid level and turning most of the extra options off. Antialiasing is on trilinear, putting it higher eats GPU power but does not improve the image significantly. These settings allow me to run MSAA High and SS 1.5 which together significantly improves picture clarity. These setting run on most tracks with 90fps, with 5-10% overhead and normally the drops to 45fps are occasional.

I think ASW is doing a pretty good job thoughe as the occasional drops to 45fps are not too disturbing. I did notice that when settings were too high, the constant 45fps did feel a bit less clear and immersive.

I've been reading this thread a lot, thanks for everyone who's contributed.
    What are the rest of your settings you are running? I actually settled on TriLinear as well. I feel the Anistrophic 8x gave me more jaggies and more shimmering. Trilinear came in a little more blurry for me, but the jaggies werent as "sharp" I guess may be the correct word. I found anything over 1.4 SS for me just was too much. Also, turn down Track Detail, this seems to be a GPU killer as well.

Lastly, if you have not done so, I would do the "sharpness" tweak that is described in the "VR Blurriness" thread, it seems to help sharpen the image a bit.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****