Page 177 of 254 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2535

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

  1. #1761
    Superkart Pilot ELAhrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    776
    Platform
    PC
    @maxym and bigdad


    Yes with my rig and 1.4 ss and msaa high ASW is put to work but I haven't noticed it working to an extreme level.
    With the texture filtering set on trilinear and most other settings on medium or low (reflection shadows on med) the fps is surprisingly smooth and for example at le mans in the rain with a 32 ai grid I only notice ASW kicking in when its busy in the pit lane or on the start-finish sometimes a hick up in fps when again its very busy, like at race start fe.


    I tried reducing many graphic options so that I could keep msaa on high, because I hate jagged edges and I found msaa on med never quit satisfying. After trying almost everything I tried to reduce texture filtering and for my system it seems to work, so I'm very happy now with where I am. I stopped messing with VR settings since.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, GrimeyDog


  2. #1762
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,605
    Platform
    PC
    Ryzen Gen2 pre orders have begun!!! It wont be long until NVidia shows their New line up
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 13-04-2018 at 16:13.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  3. #1763
    GT4 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,004
    Platform
    PC
    Nice to read although my rig has to hold on for a couple of years as It is just 4 months old.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

  4. #1764
    Superkart Pilot Reiche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Munich
    Posts
    546
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Ryzen Gen2 pre orders have begun!!! It wont be long until NVidia shows their New line up

    Hopefully soon. Already in contact with EVGA support team as (suspiciously) my 1080 Ti is starting to cause artefacts - no idea how this reminds me of my 980 Ti I killed last year
    Improved hardware (PC) + improved hardware (FFB + pedals) + improved driving skills - limited amount of time = less to no time for livery painting

  5. #1765
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,459
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Ryzen Gen2 pre orders have begun!!! It wont be long until NVidia shows their New line up
    Ryzen are CPU's, why do nVidia care? I think Navi is the GPU from AMD and that isn't going to pressure the high end GPU market as it will only be GTX 1080 level performance but at a cheaper price.

    @ELAhrairah, i use MSAA High, SS1. 2, Trilinear and a mix of Medium(Reflections, Track) /High (Car) /Low (Particals) Grass Off and get a little ASW in busy sectors.
    I think your just lucky not to notice ASW much.
    I can't stand juggles or ASW.

    @MaXyM, i have no experience with interleaved reproduction, is this effective with Rift and Oculus software.
    Last edited by BigDad; 13-04-2018 at 23:25.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  6. #1766
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,605
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Ryzen are CPU's, why do nVidia care? I think Navi is the GPU from AMD and that isn't going to pressure the high end GPU market as it will only be GTX 1080 level performance but at a cheaper price.
    You know what I mean Dont matter CPU/GPU ---> point is and was the New Tec is on its way out

    When the New Tec Drops I'm doing a Major upgrade but if the Tec advance is Major I'm just going to build a New P.C because I'm Not having any issues with the P.C i have Now.
    I hope that the Kernel Security Issue was fixed because i Notice a Notable Lag time when switching between Task after the MS Kernel Security fix <--- Its Nothing Crazy but it seems huge because before the MS Kernel securty fix switching task was seemless/ almost instant.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  7. #1767
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,459
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    You know what I mean Dont matter CPU/GPU ---> point is and was the New Tec is on its way out

    When the New Tec Drops I'm doing a Major upgrade but if the Tec advance is Major I'm just going to build a New P.C because I'm Not having any issues with the P.C i have Now.
    I hope that the Kernel Security Issue was fixed because i Notice a Notable Lag time when switching between Task after the MS Kernel Security fix <--- Its Nothing Crazy but it seems huge because before the MS Kernel securty fix switching task was seemless/ almost instant.
    But there is nothing in this new tech that will affect the High end even reports say Navi won't be here till 2019 and only hit 1080 performance (again) which seems weird because AMD already have V64 at that performance level albeit at a high price Compard to this new Navi architecture.
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  8. #1768
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,605
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    But there is nothing in this new tech that will affect the High end even reports say Navi won't be here till 2019 and only hit 1080 performance (again) which seems weird because AMD already have V64 at that performance level albeit at a high price Compard to this new Navi architecture.
    Im Not buying anything AMD.... NVidia have the Lead for Now IMO... My point was referring to Nvidia releasing their New Tec Soon because while there maybe No Rush i doubt that Nvidia is going to sit idle while AMD catches up....

    I hope it dont all drop at the same time or its Going to be a expensive summer for Me with Fanatec DD wheel and Maybe a New PC -->this is Depending on how much better the New tec is as My PC is just fine I may even just Hold off on a New PC or Major upgrade untill New VR tec Drops <-- this seems to be best idea to wait and build New PC around New VR specs
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 15-04-2018 at 19:16.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  9. #1769
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,459
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Im Not buying anything AMD.... NVidia have the Lead for Now IMO... My point was referring to Nvidia releasing their New Tec Soon because while there maybe No Rush i doubt that Nvidia is going to sit idle while AMD catches up....

    I hope it dont all drop at the same time or its Going to be a expensive summer for Me with Fanatec DD wheel and Maybe a New PC -->this is Depending on how much better the New tec is as My PC is just fine I may even just Hold off on a New PC or Major upgrade untill New VR tec Drops <-- this seems to be best idea to wait and build New PC around New VR specs
    Yep ,if the next round of Graphis cards are just a 15-20% increase I'll be giving it a miss and having a look at the ti model but probably just waiting till 1280ti because as you say where the current ti sits is just enough for current VR .
    By the time we are at 1280ti there should be New VR headsets.
    Im getting a cheap 7700k today so hopefully my Low fps should be a bit higher and that will hold me a bit longer .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, GrimeyDog


  10. #1770
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,605
    Platform
    PC
    Next Gen GPU im on it right away... even though i have No Problem with My 1070 SLI as it is but if its a 15% increase over 1080ti its like a 30% increase for Me... And Yup if SLI is supported i will probably do SLI on Next Gen GPU also.... Why SLI you ask??? --> Just Because
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Similar Threads

  1. ***** WHEEL FFB SETTINGS AND GENERAL SETTINGS *****
    By CRi RE3iD CRG26 in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 08:23
  2. VR Guide - Setup, Settings and general tip
    By Qwaszx in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-09-2017, 21:25
  3. A general Guide for making muliplayer racing better
    By DerrellBiffle in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19-07-2016, 02:09
  4. General setup help please
    By C6ckneyGeezer in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 21:10
  5. General Force Feedback setup
    By SinShaark in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 09:42

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •