Page 237 of 237 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237
Results 2,361 to 2,367 of 2367

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Sorry i didn't post the solution to the Screen Mirror on TV/Monitor issue----> for those that Need to Know Look in the Controller settings -->secondary options you will see a setting "Toggle VR View" <---( I will edit post with exact setting name)--> Map that to any button on Key board/Button Box or wheel rim and when you start game and it loads in VR push the button and it will mirror on the TV/Monitor Screen also.... this Need to be done every time R3E loads. --> I'm loving the McCplaren rim even more Now the extra buttons are really useful --> i mapped it to the Right Toggle Button.

Edit: VR Being Locked in ASW 45FPS in R3E seems every bit as Smooth as the 90FPS in PCars2!!! Once again VR seems to be the Great Equalizer because in VR both Games look about the same the only real difference is the Sun and shadows being in different places with PCars2 time advance on.

I been comparing PCars2 vs R3E Driving the Gt3 AMG Mercedes at Nubergring all week and both are Really Close but it seems that i really like the way R3E simulates Grip, braking...but the Curb feel is definiley a Nice step up over PCars2.
    Couple years back I raved how good R3E was but these days the FFB feels so bad on my wheel that I simply cannot race anymore. None of the earlier settings I had dialed in feel good but this could be the difference of the way the FFB is programmed and interpreted by my AF dd wheel as they changed something in FFB along the way. Also I noticed beginning back last year end the VR was no longer smooth on my system and I never figured that out.

pC2 on the other hand is running better than ever and I had a fantastic GT3 race at the Ring going from dusk to night in the rain yesterday. Only thing I have noticed is I no longer see raindrops on my visor in open cockpit cars and even racing in the GT3 Porsche I had periods of Thunderstorm where rain did not appear at all on the windscreen, very strange as that was one of the greatest effects for immersion. The external cameras still have raindrops appearing so it must be a bug either generally or just in my system. Has anyone else noticed this ?
    i7 6700K@4.6Ghz | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | 16GB Corsair DDR4 3000 | GB 1080 G1 Gaming | Creative X-Fi | Win10 Pro | Samsung 960 EVO 250 SSD | GTUltimate2 Cockpit | AccuForce Pro + CSS SQ + CSP V3 | NL Motion V3 | Bkg2 + SimVibe | Philips BDM4065 40inch 4K Monitor | Sony 65inch ZD9 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Zalman Mid-Tower |SeaSonic 850w Silver80 | Turbo-Charged Beagle Foxy Mutt

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Couple years back I raved how good R3E was but these days the FFB feels so bad on my wheel that I simply cannot race anymore. None of the earlier settings I had dialed in feel good but this could be the difference of the way the FFB is programmed and interpreted by my AF dd wheel as they changed something in FFB along the way. Also I noticed beginning back last year end the VR was no longer smooth on my system and I never figured that out.

pC2 on the other hand is running better than ever and I had a fantastic GT3 race at the Ring going from dusk to night in the rain yesterday. Only thing I have noticed is I no longer see raindrops on my visor in open cockpit cars and even racing in the GT3 Porsche I had periods of Thunderstorm where rain did not appear at all on the windscreen, very strange as that was one of the greatest effects for immersion. The external cameras still have raindrops appearing so it must be a bug either generally or just in my system. Has anyone else noticed this ?
    I said a while ago that R3E"s 45 fps was like pC2's 90 but now that i've got pC2 to not waver from 90 going back to R3E's 45 feels a little less smooth and pC2 just feels great .
    As for R3E's FFB , i still do enjoy it and would put in on par with pC2 but only after some work adjusting settings . It's a pity we don't have a Jack Spade over on R3E forum to give per car FFB settings , lol

I too noticed the lack of rain drops on open wheeler visors but haven't spent time finding out why . Have you tried putting so helmet is visibley on ?
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :
    The following user likes this Post: Francisnf

Platform
    PC
    Raindrops are controlled by the particle setttings I think
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Raindrops are controlled by the particle setttings I think
    That would make sense . That'll be something to test
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

Particles are both on maximum settings and with helmet settings on or off there is no change, same with display raindrops on camera. It used to be you always saw raindrops on the visor in open wheelers but now it is permanently off. I also cleared all cache, only thing I haven't done is reinstall pC2 fully.

I think it maybe a bug affecting all VR users that slipped through unnoticed, but really need everyone in VR to check to be certain. It was such an immersive effect that I thought more users would notice it missing, but then probably not many users race openwheelers in rainy conditions... I love it !
    Last edited by Ramjet; Today at 00:15.
    i7 6700K@4.6Ghz | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | 16GB Corsair DDR4 3000 | GB 1080 G1 Gaming | Creative X-Fi | Win10 Pro | Samsung 960 EVO 250 SSD | GTUltimate2 Cockpit | AccuForce Pro + CSS SQ + CSP V3 | NL Motion V3 | Bkg2 + SimVibe | Philips BDM4065 40inch 4K Monitor | Sony 65inch ZD9 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Zalman Mid-Tower |SeaSonic 850w Silver80 | Turbo-Charged Beagle Foxy Mutt

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Particles are both on maximum settings and with helmet settings on or off there is no change, same with display raindrops on camera. It used to be you always saw raindrops on the visor in open wheelers but now it is permanently off. I also cleared all cache, only thing I haven't done is reinstall pC2 fully.

I think it maybe a bug affecting all VR users that slipped through unnoticed, but really need everyone in VR to check to be certain. It was such an immersive effect that I thought more users would notice it missing, but then probably not many users race openwheelers in rainy conditions... I love it !
    It used to happen on any car , if I just stood up from any tintop and pushed my head through the roof I would get raindrops on my visor , lol but now it's not there at all either .
    The following user likes this Post: Ramjet

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Could a Rift-User with OTT please check this:

What is your performance headrom (average) AND your GPU usage.

I dont understand why my headroom is between 0-10% and my GPU is max load @ 70% (no temp issues). When i get frame drops the Headroom is negative and the GPU still not max loaded.