Page 283 of 284 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 2832

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So whats settings have you guys noticed bring the most clearity? Im using a clean install and didnt save my old profile so I need to do it all over again. What settings do affect the quality and what settings doesnt matter if they are set to have low? I prefer 90fps over graphics.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Im having trouble with movement in the cockpit. Using HP Reverb. I can see from side to side without problems, but when I move forward or to the side to look over the bonnet or to look down at the ground the whole car moves with me! In other words, my position relative to the car is totally fixed. My distance to the steering wheel is fixed (unless I adjust it manually). Wasnt like this with Oculus Rift. Anyone got an idea?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasdDahl View Post
    Im having trouble with movement in the cockpit. Using HP Reverb. I can see from side to side without problems, but when I move forward or to the side to look over the bonnet or to look down at the ground the whole car moves with me! In other words, my position relative to the car is totally fixed. My distance to the steering wheel is fixed (unless I adjust it manually). Wasnt like this with Oculus Rift. Anyone got an idea?
    I had that steering wheel distance thing happen with the Odyssey+ as well. No solution as far as I know. I believe this only happens with any inside out tracking devices. Maybe your room looks a little... monotonous, so that the reverb doesnīt find any points of reference?

EDIT: It wasnīt permanently like that. Iīd say it worked okay in 70% of the time.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    I have Oydssey+

The car moves with you if you set your environment to seated/standing. Basically the headset (or probably rather WMR) assumes that your head is stationary except for rotation.

To make it work properly you have to set up environment "for all experiences" in the Mixed Reality Portal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	273321

The drawback is that the "all experiences" setup requires a boundary which will be annoyingly displayed, but then you can disable the boundary display in the Portal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	273322

You may have to keep disabling the boundary, as it keeps coming back, usually every day or so. You may also have to re-run boundary setup every now and then, when the headset cannot recognize previously learned environment. Mine almost always fails if I set up the boundary in the night and want to race during the day, or vice versa.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you guys, I just tried setting the headset up with seated and standing to start off (room is not that big) and have the room well lit, works like a charm
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Help for tobii.
    I'm trying to understand out how to create the boot icon in VR, for the Tobii, without always having to click with the right, etc. I tried the two tips in the post but they don't work, either by adding the othervr or the vr, in the existing link.
    Help

Edit: Ok solved .... The exact string is steam: // launch / 378860 / vr, I hadn't modified the first part LAUNCH, but I had left the rungameid .... now it works
    Last edited by Roby1164; 05-09-2019 at 10:32.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Dear all

I need also support for my brand new HTC Vive Cosmos. I'm a newbie with VR and the Cosmos is my first experience. Currently I don't get PC2 displayed on my Cosmos. I have read your guide now on the first page. What is unclear for me, when I take the settings from page one and making the change in PC2, are these settings still valid today or are there any changes to be considered for setting up PC2 optimal. Another question, when going back maybe once to nonVR-usage of PC2, do I have to change all the settings back within the game? Meanwhile is SteamVR available as beta, do I still have to create the VR-Shortcut first? Maybe a stupid question but if so, is the a chance to backup my current, nonVR-Ingame settings? IT would be very helpful and very kind to get support for the Vive Cosmos. Thanks a lot and kind regards.

Platform
    PC
    As far as I know there will be separate settings for VR. Just start PC2 in VR and change the settings to your likings. Next time you start it in non-VR, your old settings will be back. Someone correct me please if I am wrong.

A few of the settings that you see in VR donīt affect the VR headset but the mirror on your screen. That goes for the resolution for example, which you canīt change in any VR headest. Setting the resolution and the "windowed" option will influence the mirror on your monitor.

Not a VR crack here but as nobody answered for more than 24 hrs I thought Iīd at least give you this bit on the way. Enjoy that new experience!
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    thanks a lot for the information. I got PC2VR working yesterday and its very impressive at all and a complete other driving than in nonVR. What are your settings in game? Especially cam settings and fov? i set fov currently at 62. woud be great to get some ingame settings from HTC Vive Pro use too if possible. As already mentioned I'm a newbie. Thanks a lot
    Last edited by thydney1970; 08-10-2019 at 21:35.
    CPU I7 7700K@4.2GHZ, ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E, GPU MSI Achorus Geforce GTX 1080TI 11G, 32GB DDR4-2600 RAM, SDD1 Samsung M2 950 Pro 256GB, SSD2 Samsung M2 960 Pro 512GB, Windows 10 64Bit, Fanatec CSW 2.5 & Fanatec F1 Rim 2018 Limited Edition, Fanatec Pedals CSP V3, RSeat RS1

Platform
    PC
    Quality settings are very much up to your PCīs power and your personal preferences. Me personally I donīt mind much to reduce car reflections and track quality settings a little in VR. I am on Oculus at the moment, so I canīt give you any advice regarding quality settings. You pretty much have to experiment for yourself.

What in my opinion is vital to get right though is world movement and world scale. IIRC you can set world scale in the VR section and world movement in the camera settings section. I am on something between 25% and 40% with world movement. That reduces the horizon jumping up and down once I get on the gravel and gives me a much more natural feeling.

EDIT: You canīt change FOV in any of the VR headsets as far as I know.