Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2400

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Will test these settings as well.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Grimey,
    How do you feel about the McLaren wheel? Its really cool when youre driving the McLaren and all the stuff matches but its weird you still have this feeling of it being cheap. I mean the ffb comes through fine and its comfortable but it feels cheap. Not sure how to explain that. That and why would they use those 2 stupid buttons that are so hard to press? Yeah you can press them but there is zero reason those should have ever been used. Imagine having to use those over and over it would be like the old Atari days and the thumb cramps. lol
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Grimey,
    How do you feel about the McLaren wheel? Its really cool when youre driving the McLaren and all the stuff matches but its weird you still have this feeling of it being cheap. I mean the ffb comes through fine and its comfortable but it feels cheap. Not sure how to explain that. That and why would they use those 2 stupid buttons that are so hard to press? Yeah you can press them but there is zero reason those should have ever been used. Imagine having to use those over and over it would be like the old Atari days and the thumb cramps. lol
    I STILL haven't received mine ! What should i do ? Is it worth the money ? I mean it's pretty cheap so it stands to reason it would feel a bit cheaper than say my Formula Carbon .
    I think even if i don't like the feel it will be worth it just as a ornament ??
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BrainsBush View Post
    When I started the race with exact the same settings and only changed time from 4PM to 4AM it was almost constantly 90fps. Besides some dips at the start when looking around. The rest of the three laps race 90
    I can't see why those settings can't manage 90 fps constantly in all situations !
    I showed settings higher than these and showed them getting 90 is Long Beach where it was said to not be able too .
    Settings i posted get 90 in Rain , Storm , Night and Clear , lol on a 1080Ti / 7700k system .

I do like those sharpening settings too !
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Grimey,
    Hopefully ok to reply, although question was addressed to Grimey

I like this McLaren wheel and yes from day one I made remarks about extra thumb excercises you need to push the two dome buttons. Now I'm used to them --> P for pit and I mapped N for dash change in cockpit view (not applicable to all cars)
    When in VR it is ok but I know what you mean with the 'cheap feeling'. €170 (with free QR for me) is a lot of money but when you compare it to the other Fanatec wheels it is good value for money. Maybe I buy also the BMT GT2 wheel? Hopefully the developers of sim games like PCars2 update with a patch overtime to give us also the possibility to map the two rotary buttons

Atari 2600, ZX Spectrum and Vic20 those were the days
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, TH8A shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I STILL haven't received mine ! What should i do ? Is it worth the money ? I mean it's pretty cheap so it stands to reason it would feel a bit cheaper than say my Formula Carbon .
    Yeah it was cheap enough. It works fine and it feels fine it just feels cheap. You need to use it understand I think. Not a huge fan of the rubber grips either because I don't wear gloves so the grips get sweaty but I guess that's how that wheel is irl. And I hate the rocker shifter. I usually have a finger resting on both so it feels strange. I hope somebody comes up with something better in the aftermarket. That would probably help with the feel immensely. But lets see what Grimey thinks.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Grimey,
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Yes it feels Cheaper than the other Rims... But IMO its mostly due to its Very Light weight.... Only Now am i Really Getting used to it and i like it alot more 1 month later than i did the day i received it... I find you Need your arms out a tad bit straighter than when you use a round rim so the McClaren rim also changes your seating position so you may have to move pedals or you chair back a Notch or 2... But once you find your comfort zone you will find it really Nice... Its also a tad smaller than the Forza Rim/Porsche rim so you have to adapt to that too or your turns will be skittish.

I think that the McClaren rim doesnt carry Vibrations/Tire Scrub ETC as well as the other rims that are made from Mostly Metal... The Vibrations get Dampend out by the plastic a bit but the rim its self has Nice direct FFB feel.

I dont know why they made it from plastic --> the V2.5 handles the weight of the other rims just fine and a DD will do even better so the lighter weight was Not Needed but probably just a more company cost effective way to produce it on a mass scale... I would have been Ok to pay more for it to be made of metal.

The Snap Dome buttons i use 1(P) for Pause and the other 1(N) for Recenter VR because they are stiff to push and i dont use them alot during a lap (once you get used to them they are Nice because you cant push them by accident when using VR) ---> The 2nd set of paddle i use 1(Left) for Lights On/Off /Flash Lights and other 1(Right) for Look back This is Great to use for Look Back when using VR --> Im Not interested in the dual Clutch thing.

I had set it aside for about 2 weeks but im using it for the last week straight and Overal i like it more and more every time i use it Now. The toggle up/Down buttons are great -->1st toggle switch ABS(up)/TCS(down) On/Off. 2nd switch Auto Clutch On/Off(up) and Stability On/Off or Request pit Stop (Down) thats Pretty Much My Extra Button Mapping i use for Now ...The Rotary switches cant be used for anything Now.... Games Nees to be optimized for them but a few people found ways to map them as secondary button switches but for Me its just too much work when using VR.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-06-2018 at 16:41.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    I Love the Rocker Style Shifters!!! to Me thats the best feature on the rim
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I Love the Rocker Style Shifters!!! to Me thats the best feature on the rim
    YUCK.LOL

Platform
    PC
    YUCK.LOL
    Use them you will get used to them... They have the Best Feeling shift on any of Fanatec Rims... I Never Noticed how the Fanatec shifters felt Empty with No positive Shift Confirmation/Feed Back until i used the McClaren rim.

Took Me a while to get used to to the McClaren rim Shape, Feel, Size, Button Mapping but once i did i like it alot....any 1 that uses a Fanatec rim has to adjust because the funky switch is on the wrong side now.

How do you get your buttons to work with the fanatec rim???