Page 251 of 269 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2681

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    He sounds like he's a robot , lol . I can understand him but I can see why it's a bit harder for non English speakers .
    I just ticked the subtitles and now it is a bit better to follow.. I now can read what he says.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I actually started reading about undervolting after a brief mention of it from BigDad earlier in this thread. It was before you posted these recent vids but I got to the same point with my own research anyway.

The thing I've found a lot of the undervolting tutorials/videos don't mention is where to get the values that you start tweaking with. Before you start with any settings, you want to find the max clock speed the default Boost 3.0 is hitting, and the voltage it is using at that clock speed. To do that, you can turn on the graphs for voltage and clock speed in afterburner and then run a benchmark. I used superposition for this but you could really use anything. The point is to find the clock speed and voltage that the boost is hitting when the gpu is being pushed.

Once you know that clock speed and voltage, you can unlock the voltage setting in afterburner and bring up the voltage graph. Find the point for that clock speed on the graph and start adjusting the voltage. The idea is to try lowering the voltage to see if it will run at that same clock speed with a lower voltage. You just find that clock speed on the graph and move the dot down to a lower voltage and then make every dot to the right of that the same level. You want to run an actual benchmark at this point (not just gameplay) to see if it works. I like superposition but I haven't really tried any others since it was free and worked great. If the benchmark runs and doesn't crash, then try to go lower with the voltage at that clock speed until you find the lowest it can run stable.

Like BigDad mentioned, when the temps start to go up, it might drop the clock speed automatically to lower than what you are adjusting. If your goal is just lower temps, you can also start the process over using that lower clock speed as your max and then adjust the voltage down on that. Every card can be different in what it will be able to do but I basically see the same numbers as BigDad with my 1080Ti.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention these things because most of the videos I found on undervolting were skipping over this part and just assumed you knew what numbers you were using.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, sherpa25

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    I actually started reading about undervolting after a brief mention of it from BigDad earlier in this thread. It was before you posted these recent vids but I got to the same point with my own research anyway.

The thing I've found a lot of the undervolting tutorials/videos don't mention is where to get the values that you start tweaking with. Before you start with any settings, you want to find the max clock speed the default Boost 3.0 is hitting, and the voltage it is using at that clock speed. To do that, you can turn on the graphs for voltage and clock speed in afterburner and then run a benchmark. I used superposition for this but you could really use anything. The point is to find the clock speed and voltage that the boost is hitting when the gpu is being pushed.

Once you know that clock speed and voltage, you can unlock the voltage setting in afterburner and bring up the voltage graph. Find the point for that clock speed on the graph and start adjusting the voltage. The idea is to try lowering the voltage to see if it will run at that same clock speed with a lower voltage. You just find that clock speed on the graph and move the dot down to a lower voltage and then make every dot to the right of that the same level. You want to run an actual benchmark at this point (not just gameplay) to see if it works. I like superposition but I haven't really tried any others since it was free and worked great. If the benchmark runs and doesn't crash, then try to go lower with the voltage at that clock speed until you find the lowest it can run stable.

Like BigDad mentioned, when the temps start to go up, it might drop the clock speed automatically to lower than what you are adjusting. If your goal is just lower temps, you can also start the process over using that lower clock speed as your max and then adjust the voltage down on that. Every card can be different in what it will be able to do but I basically see the same numbers as BigDad with my 1080Ti.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention these things because most of the videos I found on undervolting were skipping over this part and just assumed you knew what numbers you were using.
    Tanks.. that was exactly my question. Wil start testing..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So while trying to dial in settings , I had not used joanas tweets cause I didn’t see a difference . But it make me wonder if maybe I just dont know what I’m looking for . What exactly are the effects of changing the x y values and changing the exposure feild of view. does changing the exposure FOV actually work ?
    I7 8700k , GTX 1080TI , 16 GB RAM , 250 SSD , 4TB HDD , ASROCK Z370 PRO 4 , OCULUS RIFT CV1 , NEXT LEVEL RACING F1/GT RIG , THRUSTMASTER TMX WHEEL/PRDALS TH8A SHIFTER

Platform
    PC
    do you guys use ' lock to horizon ' in VR games ?
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    Nope. I found my personal sweet spot somewhere around 15-25%. One of the extreme settings (100% I believe) made the view shake wildly when I went through the embankment on Monza Classic Oval. Can´t remember what was wrong with the other extreme (0%) but felt most comfortable with the above mentioned settings. I have to admit though that now my car is moving around me for some degrees when I enter an embankment. You have to compromise - just go and try what fits best for you.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    I have it set to 50%. 100% is a bit to shaky for me. Not that I feel nausea but it does not feel right.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bporion, morpwr, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    will give those a try , thanks .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I still notice hiccups in VR mode. Not a constant hiccup but occasionally a split second. Occurs everywhere so no specific part of the track...
    Anybody else who experience this?

Edit: found the problem. In the visual tab I had everything ticked and on max.
    Adjusted the settings and now it is silky smooth. Steady 90FPS..
    time to backup the settings file and leave it as it is now. No more tweaking. (Did I heard this before?)
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 14-07-2018 at 18:07.

Platform
    PC
    Today Again hiccups. Not constant but mostly on same spots on a track. A sudden drop in framrate. 90fps to something between 70 and 90 fps. Just a split second. I have turned of ASW. I really don’t know how to solve this. I thought it where the settings set to high but even everything on low and shadows off it occurs.
    I have Crew Chief, oculus home, steam & steam VR running. Steam VR settings set just to 100% so nothing exceptional.
    Nevertheless I see those dips.
    In RaceRoom I do not see this FPS drops, only in Pcars. I also deleted the gfx settings file but it does not solve the problem.

Not that long ago I had another problem with fps but that was almost constant. After a reinstallation of win 10 that problem is solved.
    Anybody an Idea? Perhaps update Nvidia drivers to the latest version.