Page 287 of 295 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2944

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    I'm waiting for Nvidia's 3080Ti or AMD's big Navi, before I try to upgrade my Rift CV1, but the Reverb is sounding pretty good.
    Steam name: z1nonly Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Thatīs an interesting one as I had to wait about 5 weeks for my replacement. Other than that thereīs nothing to complain about, I received a bare headset replacement (no cable, no speakers, no nothing) and they didnīt even want me to return my broken original.
    I'm in the US and HP has amazing support here. When my headset broke, they did want me to send back the bad ones, after I received the new one and even sent a free return label. I going to recommend HP for their customer service here, even when the headset went bad they were always super friendly and willing to help.

Compare that to the support my friend who bought a Valve Index got from Steam. When his less than a month new headset went bad he didn't here back from them for over a week. There's no toll free number to call them, so you can't even get someone on the phone. By the time the email exchanges were done it took 2 weeks. He received his replacement headset 3+ weeks later and then his brand new sensor went bad, the ordeal for that took another 2 week. He missed most of our early sim racing league races because of that.

This is also the reason why I keep a spare Oculus Rift headset ... just in case the Reverb goes bad and I'm stuck doing exchanges. But HP Support have been so good, they were able to get me replacement between my weekly league races so I haven't even had to touch the Rift CV1.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I'm waiting for Nvidia's 3080Ti or AMD's big Navi, before I try to upgrade my Rift CV1, but the Reverb is sounding pretty good.
    No need to wait for the RTX 3080, the RTX 2080 Ti with the right settings is pretty good with the Reverb. I've been able to crank up the settings and have really smooth frame rates and graphics. I even tested all the settings on an open cockpit car @ Monaco with Thunderstorms and 24 car grid. The game looks amazing, screen door effect, gone. Distance pixel blurriness, gone. Brake marker and such, super easy to read from a long distance. But I'll definitely upgrade to the 3080Ti when it comes out.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 3700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    The following 4 users likes this Post: kingsti, McClusky, PostBox981, Twinz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    I'm in the US and HP has amazing support here. When my headset broke, they did want me to send back the bad ones, after I received the new one and even sent a free return label. I going to recommend HP for their customer service here, even when the headset went bad they were always super friendly and willing to help.

Compare that to the support my friend who bought a Valve Index got from Steam. When his less than a month new headset went bad he didn't here back from them for over a week. There's no toll free number to call them, so you can't even get someone on the phone. By the time the email exchanges were done it took 2 weeks. He received his replacement headset 3+ weeks later and then his brand new sensor went bad, the ordeal for that took another 2 week. He missed most of our early sim racing league races because of that.

This is also the reason why I keep a spare Oculus Rift headset ... just in case the Reverb goes bad and I'm stuck doing exchanges. But HP Support have been so good, they were able to get me replacement between my weekly league races so I haven't even had to touch the Rift CV1.

No need to wait for the RTX 3080, the RTX 2080 Ti with the right settings is pretty good with the Reverb. I've been able to crank up the settings and have really smooth frame rates and graphics. I even tested all the settings on an open cockpit car @ Monaco with Thunderstorms and 24 car grid. The game looks amazing, screen door effect, gone. Distance pixel blurriness, gone. Brake marker and such, super easy to read from a long distance. But I'll definitely upgrade to the 3080Ti when it comes out.
    I usually try to skip a generation with graphics cards. Although temptation sometimes gets the best of me, the price tag on the 2080Ti just isn't that tempting. At that price, it would need to almost double my 1080Ti and from what I've seen, it's more like a 30% improvement. If I was starting from scratch, I might be tempted to bury the extra cost of a 2080Ti as a % of the total cost of a new rig, but $1,000 for 30% improvement?....I can wait. lol

Thanks for the info on how well it works with PC2 and the Reverb. It's a good reference point to go by.

Who knows, maybe what they announce at CES will drive the prices of existing 2080Ti's down enough to tempt me. (I am already seeing refurbs for close to $900)
    Steam name: z1nonly Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I suggest the Rift S too, it's the best for VR you won't regret it.

Platform
    PC
    I also decided to keep the CV1, just in case. It isnīt worth much money anymore. And it smells a little from heavily sweating into it, so in the end I would risk a customer complaining. Better keep it, I am still not perfectly convinced about the Reverbīs workmanship yet.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chutoi View Post
    I suggest the Rift S too, it's the best for VR you won't regret it.
    I built a rig for a friend that also bought a new Rift S with all the PC parts, so I got a chance to test it out. It's another case of "better, but not enough to upgrade".

The reverb sounds like a pretty big improvement now that the bugs are getting worked out.

I'm actually considering getting one before I upgrade my GPU...just not sure how low I will have to run the settings with my 1080 Ti.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Who knows, maybe what they announce at CES will drive the prices of existing 2080Ti's down enough to tempt me. (I am already seeing refurbs for close to $900)
    It's a lot cheaper than the $$$ you're dumping into that SSC car. Plus 4k rez per eye @ 90fps
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 3700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Platform
    PC
    It's a lot cheaper than the $$$ you're dumping into that SSC car. Plus 4k rez per eye @ 90fps
    Ouch! The truth hurts lol.

A 2080 Ti is just two sets of tires and we went through 6 or 7 this past season. So yeah, it is all relative.

It looks like we may be getting a new spec tire next season that's faster, but costs more money and wears quicker.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    VRSS (https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-v...age-quality/): anyone know if it works with pcars2?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sparviero1978 View Post
    VRSS (https://devblogs.nvidia.com/nvidia-v...age-quality/): anyone know if it works with pcars2?
    It seems to work! Some tracks lookl better than others. The option is not enabled in Nvidia 3d settings so I used the method described here .. (https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/c...namic_fixed/):
    Now:
    CPU - Intel i7-4770K @ 4GHz: PALIT GeForce RTX2080TI GamingPro OC 11GB DDR6 : Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z87X-OC :
    Memory - 16GB- DDR3 : OS Windows 8.1 64 bit : Screen - Philips 43" 4K BDM4350UC monitor @ Resolution 3840x2160 : VR - Valve Index : Wheel - Logitech G27 : Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX