Page 293 of 295 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2946

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    Congrats, you'll never want to go back to any other low rez headset. My 3rd HP Reverb just died and I had to switch to my backup Oculus Rift and the low resolution gave me a headache in PCars2 because everything was blurry mess. So much so that I don't even want to simrace anymore until my replacement arrives. HP support has been amazing, everytime my Reverb dies they have a replacement headset at my doorstep in 2-3 days, except this latest one which might be because they are out of stock. #ThanksCOVID

While your setting works fine for the day races, they won't hold up for rain races, night races and dawn/dusk races.

The mouse/keyboard lockout can be turned OFF using Win + Y or completely turned OFF in the Windows Mixed Reality settings. It's what I did after getting sick of hitting Win + Y everytime I put on the headset. I think you can still use gaze control after turning OFF the keyboard/mouse lock.
    I am also on my third Reverb after 7 months only. I am wondering of how it will go on once the warranty will expire. Think IŽd better try another VR headset, maybe a Rift S, which is of lower resolution but hopefully more reliable, and then get rid of my Reverb before it is too late.

When my second Reverb died I also went back to my Rift CV1. Resolution isnŽt that great but I realised that it was all running much smoother with Oculus software. So my experience wasnŽt that bad. I love the Reverb resolution but IŽd prefer a better quality headset over it. Sadly my big dream, a Rift "CV2" which is a CV1 with Reverb resolution , will never come true.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youŽre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, with 1+ hrs of racing time, including pit stops, fuel consumption and tyre wear, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I am also on my third Reverb after 7 months only. I am wondering of how it will go on once the warranty will expire. Think IŽd better try another VR headset, maybe a Rift S, which is of lower resolution but hopefully more reliable, and then get rid of my Reverb before it is too late.

When my second Reverb died I also went back to my Rift CV1. Resolution isnŽt that great but I realised that it was all running much smoother with Oculus software. So my experience wasnŽt that bad. I love the Reverb resolution but IŽd prefer a better quality headset over it. Sadly my big dream, a Rift "CV2" which is a CV1 with Reverb resolution , will never come true.
    I think the only other headset I would keep as a back up is the HTC Vive Cosmos because it is the next lowest rez headset. Apparently the Valve Index also has a lot of quality related issues with things breaking and dying left and right. However, I think HP learned from the mistakes of the Reverb and is coming out with the Reverb G2, that's going to be my next headset for sure.

https://www.roadtovr.com/hp-reverb-g2-valve-microsoft/
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 3700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    Congrats, you'll never want to go back to any other low rez headset. My 3rd HP Reverb just died and I had to switch to my backup Oculus Rift and the low resolution gave me a headache in PCars2 because everything was blurry mess. So much so that I don't even want to simrace anymore until my replacement arrives. HP support has been amazing, everytime my Reverb dies they have a replacement headset at my doorstep in 2-3 days, except this latest one which might be because they are out of stock. #ThanksCOVID

While your setting works fine for the day races, they won't hold up for rain races, night races and dawn/dusk races.

The mouse/keyboard lockout can be turned OFF using Win + Y or completely turned OFF in the Windows Mixed Reality settings. It's what I did after getting sick of hitting Win + Y everytime I put on the headset. I think you can still use gaze control after turning OFF the keyboard/mouse lock.
    I tried the win + Y thing a bunch of different times at different points in the process and it didn't work for me. The thing that finally fixed it for me was changing the "PointerSwitchTime" in the open VR xml file to a really high number. (I can leave gaze control on too now)

I have spent a lot of time tweaking graphics settings and settled in on:

Changed "skip crowds" to true...this enabled me to turn up track detail without killing my FPS. (Low track detail results in a lot of "pop in" elements that can be very distracting.

I'm able to run a 20 car grid and stay around 10ms frame time in the daylight with no rain. Rain is a stuttering mess and night time is almost tolerable....but not quite. I have found the render 3 frames ahead helps keep things smooth when I get brief frame time spikes over 11ms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SnapShot(27).jpg  

SnapShot(28).jpg  

Last edited by Twinz; 23-05-2020 at 18:06.
    Steam name: z1nonly Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    As I said before the 1080Ti and 2080 can run the HP Reverb, you just don't need any SS. Just a little bit of MSAA, MSAA set to medium on the Reverb with Steam set to 100% and textures High, simply looks phenominal. I feel like I'm looking at a computer monitor in VR. That said, more HP Reverb G2 leaks are out and this time it has a physical IPD adjustment and Index like foam and headphones! Yes!!!

https://www.roadtovr.com/rumor-leake...w-controllers/
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 3700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Platform
    PC
    I'm just holding out out for next gen GPU's now. PC2 looks great for me now with these settings, but it will be good to up the AA and little details.
    Steam name: z1nonly Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    I found a new annoyance that I think is another WMR issue. My system keeps changing its power plan to "high performance" when "Ryzen balanced" is what I want to run 24/7. WMR has been updated since the new CPU's hit the market in the summer of last year but it seems to force "high performance" as if Ryzen power plans aren't a thing.

When I start VR, I have to go into the power plan app and change it back to Ryzen balanced...manually.

Platform
    PC
    Hi all,
    ATM my Rift is not connected to my PC because I switched to a triple setup and that is my personal preference but I occasionally want to race in VR as well.
    I have read that a lot of VR racers just use 1 sensor because you don’t need 2 for just racing.
    The problem I had in the past is that when I setup the Rift, going to all the onscreen steps, it always needs 2 sensors to be able to continue with the setup.
    How do you guys setup the Rift when there is only 1 sensor attached?
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I never had more than one sensor when playing with my Rift. No issue so far apart from a tracking issue when I tried to return to the track and looked over my shoulder.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X | Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youŽre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, with 1+ hrs of racing time, including pit stops, fuel consumption and tyre wear, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I never had more than one sensor when playing with my Rift. No issue so far apart from a tracking issue when I tried to return to the track and looked over my shoulder.
    I used always two but I tought, I can only use 1 with simracing but I can’t setup the Rift with 1 sensor attached. That is why I asked.
    I think I just set it up with 2 and leave it that way. Np.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I used always two but I tought, I can only use 1 with simracing but I can’t setup the Rift with 1 sensor attached. That is why I asked.
    I think I just set it up with 2 and leave it that way. Np.
    I canŽt remember how I did it but there must be a way as mine came with one sensor only in the box.