Page 3 of 266 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Why change the fov? One of the great things with VR is that its supposed to be a 1:1. This is the first time I see someone suggesting to change field of view settings in a game running vr.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Why ? He wrote the reason for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaszx View Post
    2) Camera FOV in important to prevent most of the object pop-ins and flickering
    System: CPU i7 8700K | DDR4 2666 RAM 16GB | Gainward GeForce GTX 1080ti Phoenix Golden Sample | OS Win 10 x64 | Samsung Odyssey
    Wheel : T500 RS + Fanatec V2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oege View Post
    Why ? He wrote the reason for it!
    Yeah, I read the reason he wrote for it. It was more like a "Why the f even change field of view when its one of the selling points for VR to have a correct fov".. And he is the first guy that Ive seen that even recommened it. Is it not pretty logic to ask "WHY? Why would you do that to yourself?!" Its possible that this thread was stickied just for everyone to say thanks to OP and not question anything he wrote. In that case a mod should add that to the end of his post.

edit: I might sound like a total asshole and thats not my intention. Its great with ppl like OP that helps out but im still curious about the field of view.
    Last edited by kofotsjanne; 06-10-2017 at 08:50.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kofotsjanne View Post
    Yeah, I read the reason he wrote for it. It was more like a "Why the f even change field of view when its one of the selling points for VR to have a correct fov".. And he is the first guy that Ive seen that even recommened it. Is it not pretty logic to ask "WHY? Why would you do that to yourself?!" Its possible that this thread was stickied just for everyone to say thanks to OP and not question anything he wrote. In that case a mod should add that to the end of his post.
    VR is supposed to be 1:1 ratio. That is correct.
    However, FOV settings and camera views are up to the sim’s developers, and this aspect sometimes has to be dealt with, especially when there are certain issues or bugs in a newly released software.

I don’t force you to do anything, this guide is merely a recommendation for baseline settings I revised during more than 30 hours of testing that work very well as a whole.

No “thank you” is required, but there’s also no need for that attitude...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: oege, SlowBloke

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    VR is supposed to be 1:1 ratio. That is correct.
    However, FOV settings and camera views are up to the sim’s developers, and this aspect sometimes has to be dealt with, especially when there are certain issues or bugs in a newly released software.

I don’t force you to do anything, this guide is merely a recommendation for baseline settings I revised during more than 30 hours of testing that work very well as a whole.

No “thank you” is required, but there’s also no need for that attitude...
    If devs couldnt get the field of view correct in VR they did a lousy job.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If devs couldnt get the field of view correct in VR they did a lousy job.
    VR FOV is almost perfect in this sim.
    Changing it a bit helps with the current pop-ins and some flickering many users have mentioned.
    It is a workaround until it is probably solved in future updates.

Devs really did a great job on this one. It is only a matter of some optimization needed to a less than a month old sim...
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Morgan Henstridge, oege, roddypoddy, SlowBloke

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    VR FOV is almost perfect in this sim.
    Changing it a bit helps with the current pop-ins and some flickering many users have mentioned.
    It is a workaround until it is probably solved in future updates.

Devs really did a great job on this one. It is only a matter of some optimization needed to a less than a month old sim...
    In case you wasnt aware of it: this have been tested by users trough WMD during most of its development time. You cant really use the term "less than a month old sim" when lots and lots of users has been beta/alpha (whatever you want to call it) testing it with weekly, if not more often, released patches during this time. It just went gold though but since they are supposed to use wmd as a strenght they shouldnt let things like these pass on to us "regular users", in lack of better words.
    Last edited by kofotsjanne; 06-10-2017 at 10:38.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    night time looks terrible in this game compared to pcars 1, get overcast or fog especially looks bad,, pcars 1 night looked great and had no such problems, night also has bad performance in pcars 2

https://i.imgur.com/LdEdE0H.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/SWJC41N.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/OfNxeQx.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/JRh9QXt.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/BcUDLxp.jpg

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    In case you wasnt aware of it: this have been tested by users trough WMD during most of its development time. You cant really use the term "less than a month old sim" when lots and lots of users has been beta/alpha (whatever you want to call it) testing it with weekly, if not more often, released patches during this time.
    I am also a WMD2 member and now? Just because we were involved in the development, does not it mean that you have changed every value? I believe that so far no one has changed the FOV value or i didn't see it ?!
    System: CPU i7 8700K | DDR4 2666 RAM 16GB | Gainward GeForce GTX 1080ti Phoenix Golden Sample | OS Win 10 x64 | Samsung Odyssey
    Wheel : T500 RS + Fanatec V2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oege View Post
    I am also a WMD2 member and now? Just because we were involved in the development, does not it mean that you have changed every value? I believe that so far no one has changed the FOV value or i didn't see it ?!
    Im not sure what you are trying to say here tbh. Probably a language barrier. Could you try to explain what you mean?
    Last edited by kofotsjanne; 06-10-2017 at 10:57.