Page 92 of 265 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Most YouTube video just show how to OC in fixed mode and I really needed to search up how to OC in offset mode.
    Fixed mode just forces the voltage to whatever you set it to and offset mode allows voltage to drop to default + the 0.180 or whatever you add so it idles cooler.
    Overclocking performance gains are negligible when using highend gear if you already getting 4k/60 but if your getting 58 every so on well then finding out if that drop is because the CPU is @100% then an OC could get you over the 60 mark, or if it's your GPU, well then just upping the power and temp limit may help or maybe some core /memory maybe needed.
    I really found that undervolting my 1080ti really helped drop my Temps by upto 10C without any performance lose as I have it above default clocks but have the voltage down from 1.063 (max default set by nVidia) to 0.900.

I meant more so he could see what he would be doing. Once you actually see how easy it is it makes it a lot less scary. But I agree the forums usually have better information and more up to date. Wait until he has to update the bios the first time. I remember the first time it was like please work please work.lol But it really isn't any harder then taking a file off a usb.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I meant more so he could see what he would be doing. Once you actually see how easy it is it makes it a lot less scary. But I agree the forums usually have better information and more up to date. Wait until he has to update the bios the first time. I remember the first time it was like please work please work.lol But it really isn't any harder then taking a file off a usb.
    I still get that when doing driver updates and it flashes black for a sec, lol
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I use the MSI auto Bios updater --> It scans for updates lets you choose what you want and installs them automatically with a click of a button Your Mobo dont have that???
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 26-01-2018 at 23:39.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I use the MSI auto Biis updater --> It scans for updates lets you choise what you want and installs them automatically with a click of a button Your Mobo dont have that???
    Yes but its safer downloading it to a usb then installing it. I guess so you don't have to worry about the internet connection.That's what I'm told anyways. So that's how ive done it. Not a big deal really you just need a usb formatted correctly. So I have one I use just for that.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I haven't noticed any difference with vsync on or off. If you look through this thread you will find lots of different settings from me and many others.
    Some people like to start low and work up. I. Prefer to start high and lower as needed.
    BUT, you MUST delete the oculusgraphicsconfi from in Documents before making adjustments. Very important otherwise the settings seem to corrupt and the fps is lower that should be.
    Post one in this thread has some good tips.
    Ok how do you delete the oculusgraphicsconfi, where’s is that located?
    MOBO: MSI z270 A-Pro / CPU: intel i7 7700k 4.6ghz / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 / COOLING: Corsair H110iGT / GPU: MSI GTX1080 Aero 8GB OC / PSU: Corsair CX650 / STORAGE: Samsung Evo 250GB x2 / Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7200 RPM / CASE: InWin 805 Black / RIG SETUP: Gt omega / Thrustmaster T GT with TP3A Pro Pedals with Ferrarri Evo 599 Alcantara Rim / T300RS with T3PA Pro Pedals with Ferrarri Evo 599 Alcantara Rim / TH8A Shifter.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I found that these settings helped with the fighting Z buffer and it was also much better for my eyes. Go the the openvrsettings.xml

<prop name="NearZ" data="0.04" /> <-this is the camera near clip plane value that you can adjust inside the game
    <prop name="exposureFOV" data="110" /> <-I haven't really noticed a big difference with this but just in case, blacebo or not.
    <prop name="EyeOffsetY" data="0.02 />
    <prop name="EyeOffsetZ" data="-0.08" /> <-I first wen't with 1.0

Anyway 1.0 was too much, It felt like my pupils were looking away from the center point. Dropping it down to 0.8 felt better and the focus was just right ammount to the track ahead. At least the walls don't flicker on top of each other, shadows still have to be ultra otherwise they will start to flicker. Try them out and let me know how you guys feel.
    Last edited by jonah; 28-01-2018 at 13:14.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Anyone know how to navigate the in menu in pc2 via the steering wheel dpad? I can seem to navigate through or assign any button to navigate around. Do I have to use a mouse to navigate?
    MOBO: MSI z270 A-Pro / CPU: intel i7 7700k 4.6ghz / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 / COOLING: Corsair H110iGT / GPU: MSI GTX1080 Aero 8GB OC / PSU: Corsair CX650 / STORAGE: Samsung Evo 250GB x2 / Seagate 2TB Barracuda 7200 RPM / CASE: InWin 805 Black / RIG SETUP: Gt omega / Thrustmaster T GT with TP3A Pro Pedals with Ferrarri Evo 599 Alcantara Rim / T300RS with T3PA Pro Pedals with Ferrarri Evo 599 Alcantara Rim / TH8A Shifter.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sheuho View Post
    Anyone know how to navigate the in menu in pc2 via the steering wheel dpad? I can seem to navigate through or assign any button to navigate around. Do I have to use a mouse to navigate?
    Yes or if you use vr you can stare at something but I hate it.lol I just use the mouse. You will want the d pad for the in car menu for pits stops and stuff.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sheuho View Post
    Ok how do you delete the oculusgraphicsconfi, where’s is that located?
    On a fresh install you should be fine. Its once you start changing everything and go back to something else it doesn't seem to work right.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Anybody also noticed a performance hit while using the new oculus Home with PC2?
    I already noticed this a month ago when it still was in beta. I uninstalled it then hoping it would get fixed, but sadly it hasn't.

There's a button under settings which let you use the "old" home. This fixes it for me for now. But I don't know how long they let us use the old Home.
    Last edited by pa_pinkelman; 26-01-2018 at 23:16.