Thread: Multi-Class lobbies

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Multi-Class lobbies

Hello folks

For the life of me, I cannot set up a server that allows all classes of car to be chosen. I understand that the game specifically allows up to 4 classes to be selected (which works great btw, love the feature), however for the racing community I am in, I used to run a social event called the Wacky Races, where a random car is assigned to everyone from the entire list. It would be a great shame if we were not able to do this again, however I will point out that in the Vehicle Category screen, the note on the left specifically states that if you don't select a category, you can use "All" cars. Only problem is there is 1 category that is fixed for the category of car that you have selected, and this cannot be de-selected.

So will we never be able to have a server with "All" cars allowed for selection?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This issue is either more complicated then I first realised, or has been made worse by the recent patch. After trying some workarounds in order to host some fun multi-class lobbies, we were finding some very odd circumstances. These generally revolve around people being able to select cars from categories that were NOT selected for use by the host when setting up the lobby. For instance, we selected Road A, B, C & D, and people were able to select various other classes with no clear correlation. The only way of resolving this was for all participants to restart their game (including the lobby host). What we found is that there is something that persists from when the host originally sets up the server. What I mean is, using the above example, the host will select Road A, B, C & D, other people will see selections of cars from PREVIOUS servers they were in. Also, if the same lobby host comes out of the lobby with Road A, B, C & D that they made before, sets another one up with say GT1, GT3, GT4 & GT5, the selections came up with Road A, B, C & D again (this still was not consistent with those connecting to the lobby, some people would see the correct list of GTs, others would have the Road cars appear, some even had all cars appear).

Any thoughts SMS? I appreciate that a server running GT1 alongside Road F would be rare, but its not an issue we had last time, and there is still no way of allowing all cars available for selection, which seems totally absurd to me as there was no such limitations in PCARS 1. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against allowing up to 4 different classes in teh same race, this does create some pretty good racing in itself, but why can't we have "All cars" allowed? Or at very least, please sort out whats causing different people to have different cars available to whats in the lobby filter
    The following user likes this Post: Osiris