Thread: Qualifying Etiquette (or lack of)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Qualifying Etiquette (or lack of)

This is obviously not a criticism of the game because it's an issue that's purely down to the online racing community, but the amount of times I'm just starting a hot lap and someone exiting the pit lane tries to race me into the first corner is unbelievable. Also, people infront of you who invalidate their lap going off track, then peel back infront of you and refuse to let you past, ruining your lap.

Personally, I always look to see if any cars are speeding down the straight when I'm exiting the pits. Then I'll make sure to keep off the racing line and let them through. And I continue to let people pass until I start my own qualifying lap. Just wondered what other players thoughts are on this?
    The following 6 users likes this Post: ChivasRx, Gordon, M-PowerX, Siberian Tiger, Tbolt

Platform
    PC
    Completely agree, but this always happens with online racing you get the people that think they are so good that they don't want to get passed by anyone
    CPU: i7-8700K @ 4.9 GHz Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Dual Tower Storage: 500GB SSD, x2 2TB HDD Power Supply: Silverstone 1000W Case: Corsair Graphite Series 780T Black Monitor: HP 24" LP2475w Controllers: Logitech G27, Saitek X36, MFG Crosswinds

Platform
    PS4
    Yes. This is very annoying.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS | TH8A shifter | Logitech G27 Pedals - Nixim brake mod | Playseat Evolution | Playseat Gearshift Pro
    PSN: That_Boston_Guy
    FS: [NEW] Thrustmaster T300RS pedals | WTB: (6-speed) plate for TH8A shifter

Platform
    PC
    I've experienced this a lot too. Does safety rating take into account practice laps or qualifying laps or is it for races only?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by clanky View Post
    I've experienced this a lot too. Does safety rating take into account practice laps or qualifying laps or is it for races only?
    Only for races.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS | TH8A shifter | Logitech G27 Pedals - Nixim brake mod | Playseat Evolution | Playseat Gearshift Pro
    PSN: That_Boston_Guy
    FS: [NEW] Thrustmaster T300RS pedals | WTB: (6-speed) plate for TH8A shifter

Platform
    XBOX1
    Behavior like this is frustrating, but not surprising. I haven't seen a single racing game that so much as touches on, let alone instructs the player, as to proper racing etiquette in various situations, and it's debatable as to whether or not it's the game's place to actually do that. Sure some players know better and act that way anyway due to ego or just plain carelessness, but you can't always blame the player for not behaving properly when there's a very real chance that they haven't been taught the proper way to behave.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Kids will be kids
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Siberian Tiger

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It was a common problem on pcars 1 and yes very annoying. I host my own lobbys and that if i see that kind of behaviour the culprit gets a polite request not to do it. If they do it again they get kicked.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Racing online is so damn rage inducing.. Getting a good corner exit before a straight and speed enough to pass, slow car rams you as you are up his side. This happens more often than not...both in qualifying and racing.

I try to laugh it off, but inside I'm raging. The cowardness and lack of respect of such a move grinds my gears.

When I'm the slow one my reaction is "Well done sir, here, I'll make some room for you to pass". Even then you know the guy passing me is afraid to get rammed.

Shitty, shitty people.
    The following user likes this Post: Mbondracing