Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [REPORTED] Triple screen issue: heavy flickering on left and right screen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Nope.
    Out of curiosity: so this is individual screen rendering but not by SMP?
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 09-10-2017 at 15:35.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by McErono View Post
    pcars2 does support nvidia SMP? how do you guys enable it? I only use the ingame triple option and I have no flickering (1080ti).
    Can you post your settings (screen shot) and screen brand?
    To be clear...I only have the issue at night.
    Can you load in car at long beach night with tripple screen setting checked (sms/smp) and see if it flickers for you?
    Last edited by roost; 09-10-2017 at 16:00.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Out of curiosity: so this is individual screen rendering but not by SMP?
    Yes. SMP is specific to Nvidia. Triple screen for PC2 is not vendor specific.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi! I have a triple screen setup and run into the side screen flickering issue, mainly during replays, so it hasn't been bothersome. It only affects side screens. I'll see if I can do a capture soon. Hasn't affected gameplay or nighttime driving.

Setup:
    i5-3570k
    1080ti
    16gb ram
    installed on SSD
    120 hz monitors at 5760x1080
    thrustmaster tx wheel and pedals

graphical settings more or less maxed, with MSAA set to medium

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Donít bother, tried this and that is not the solution. You need to enable triple screen in pcars2 in order to get perspective surround. Otherwise you may just leave it off and go with a stretched triple screen view like we had in Pcars1. And that makes the entire triple screen support that was build ingame pointless, a waste of time and money putting it in the game in the first place for us just to leave it greyed out.
    Yes i ended up re-enabling triple screen support and then disabling SS because it looks better with it enabled, just sucks i cant use supersampling with it enabled hey and i also noticed some flicker lat night as well
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K, Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X-Gaming K5 Motherboard ,Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AORUS 11GB, Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4, Solid State Drive: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD

Superkart Pilot
    I suffer the exact same looking issue.
    I tried an endless selection of fixes including:
    - different driver revisions,
    - allavailable in game AA setting combinations
    - driver enforced AA settings
    - different texture and detail settings
    - all possible menu settings regarding shadows, reflections

All to no avail.
    So far PC2 for me is entirely undrivable since it’s release as in all settings textures flicker.

I have trimmed it down to being te textures that relate to shadows and reflections of any kind.
    Other textures do not seem to flicker.

The reason why with some setups just the side screens / specif screens flicker and others dont seems to be related by which means those screens are connected to the computer.

After release I have found mostly my side screens to show flickering.
    After giving up on the endless fiddling with PC2 I gave it another shot today - same flickering but today it happens on all screens (but always limited to textures that involve shadows/ lighting and reflections.

This is really frustrating.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen

Superkart Pilot
    Here is something very odd:
    I tested again several differnt setttings within the PC2 pefrformance menu only.

I varied several settings in differnet combinations and restarted the game after every change before starting a session.

- MSAA (all different options)
    - reflection settings
    - environment map settings

I finally went into a session where the flickering seemed to be gone completely.
    In practice session - absolutley no flickering in any screen with any texture - it seemed like finally I have found a fix.
    The moment I went to the next session, flickering was back as usual ( all reflections flicker and within the flickering texture one can make out what looks like horizontal artifacts similar to what one gets when screen tearing happens) but exclusively limited to reflection textures.

ALL OTHER TEXTURES look perfectly normal.

I restarted the game and restarted the exact same session without changing ANYTHING.
    Flickering persists.

This is frustrating.

Is there any official word from SMS about this texture fli kering issue?
    I only hear from the hard working freelance mods here who seem helpful but powerless eventually.

Is this an issue SMS is aware of and eventually working on?
    I just would like to know if there is any hope of this getting fixed any time soon.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by menos View Post
    Is there any official word from SMS about this texture fli kering issue?
    They are aware, but keep in mind there are some bigger fish for them to fry with PC2 at the moment. They are aware...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Thanks Mahjik for the info.
    This is very unfortunate though a part of the people who purchased PC2 are just not able to use it since the day it was launched as a finished product due to this :-(

If at least as a temporary solution SMS would add an option or start up command to COMPLETELY DISABLE REFLECTIONS until this issue is fixed, people like me would be able to use the game.
    I would happily trade the reflections (and yes, that includes not driving i the rain either) for an experience without flickering, so at least I could race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Flickering lights at night with triple monitor

Are you experiencing flickering in the side monitors at night with triple displays?

I have tested 2-3 tracks, Spa for sure, and always the same. Side monitors appears to flicker.

Anyone can confirm?