Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: traction not consistent

Platform
    PS4
    Did you load the correct setup before race start?
    There's a setup glitch in MP where, at the end if qualifying the car gets full fuel load at least, maybe a different setup.
    So at the ready screen I always have to load the correct setup.

Did you have the same tire compound?
    Were the track and weather conditions the same for qualifying and race?
    In MP and quick race there's the option of different weather for practice/ quali/ race. Weather plays a big part in tire performance.

Lots of things to consider. Micro-manage your way around the quirks of the game.

These are all in the "drivers" control.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes. As i mentioned earlier in this post i made sure everything is the same as in quali.
    The following user likes this Post: takaii

Platform
    PS4
    MP or SP?
    Did you have a car in front? Aero and slipstreaming has big effect on grip.

Also your race start temps of brakes and tires are probably different.

If you can replicate the scenario with some screenshots you can double check and find any differences.

I've thought the same in PC 1 where I screwed a few races. Turned out it was just big race nerves!
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    MP
    Sometimes i do sometimes i dont. I do start in top 3 most of the times and first lap grip wise is being good, somewhat how i feel in quali, but the grip and my pace starting to degrade in the second lap and degrades drasticly towards the end of the race. I must brake like 10-15m earlier than i always do, tho the temps are on green. Tires doesnt degrade more that 70% so i dont think that it is the problem. And it doesnt matter if i am in front or not, people just starting to gain on me mostly in corners. It might be a problem that not every player has. Migh be something that causes it to certain people.
    Last edited by davidzz; 09-10-2017 at 17:28.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidzz View Post
    I must brake like 10-15m earlier than i always do, tho the temps are on green.
    Brakes could be overheating. I haven't noticed them change colour but they feel ineffective (in GT3/E) cars above ~600℃.
    If you're on hard tires they could also be going cold.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-20-25

Platform
    PC
    I just think you got soft tyres with more fuel onboard and you try to push much harder.then you cooked your tyres and the grip is gone.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Project Cars 2 is the first racing game where I can really feel the tires degenerating. Soft tires changes after a few laps already. Have to brake earlier, be much gentler on the steering to not make them sequal and rub above the tarmac too much. In the first few laps the car feels very reactive to my steering inputs and after 10 laps I already feel that the front tires sometimes start to understeer and the car doesn't really want to turn because the grip changed.

I mean Live Track is changing a lot. The track is rubbering in for example. And I think even if you don't drive a lot, the track will rubber in from practice over qualify to race. I think in Practice you have the least amount of marbles on the track and on the race session you have a bit more (the remains of practice and qualifying). Then of course the marbles build up the more you drive during race. If you then drive on the dirty parts of the road, or through the marbles, you're going to loose grip. And on top of that, the rubbered in driving line has more grip due to the smooth rubber layer. At least when it doesn't rain.

Then there was a debugging video of LiveTrack 3.0 on YouTube where you were able to exactly see the track surface and what happens, when a car drives over it. The tarmac in contact with the tires heats up a lot, over time the heat gets absorbed by the surrounding tarmac. Then of course the sun angle, daytime, season of the year and the shadows of trees and buildings dynamically influence the temperature calculation. And of course you can overwork your tires...

In the Formula A cars I can feel the most tire degeneration or overwhorking them.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Not really, I have the same problem. I can drive 3-5 laps ( HS tires on ) with pretty much the same amount of grip and all the sudden back end is just sliding like crazy, high speed corners feels like suspension is broken or something.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Have you tried driving let's say GT3 car on Hard Slicks through paddle of water doing 60km/h ?( Scenario, 10 laps race and rain from lap 6 when you are still on the track heading for pit stop ) In real live you can drive much much faster and no probs however, PC2 came up with an idea that if you drive HS tires through the paddle you will spin or will get thrown of the track like there is no weight to the car . Stupid physics

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradyski View Post
    Have you tried driving let's say GT3 car on Hard Slicks through paddle of water doing 60km/h ?( Scenario, 10 laps race and rain from lap 6 when you are still on the track heading for pit stop ) In real live you can drive much much faster and no probs however, PC2 came up with an idea that if you drive HS tires through the paddle you will spin or will get thrown of the track like there is no weight to the car . Stupid physics
    makes no sense.