Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sitting in Pits During Qualifying

Platform
    PC

Sitting in Pits During Qualifying

I've noticed a lot more players just sitting in the pits during qualifying. Is this just in hopes of getting a few more points for increasing position during the race? Seems to defeat the purpose of qualifying. Maybe adding points for qualifying position might help?
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K--Graphic Card: GTX 1080 Ti-- RAM: 16GB DDR3 -- Motherboard: Asus Z97-A -- Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB + 250GB + Seagate 2TB -- PSU: XFX 650W TS SERIES Wheel: Thrustmaster TX -- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64 -- HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well maybe they think it’s safer starting from the back. I’ve kept getting murdered when not top 3 in qualy so might just start doing that. Safety rating wise I mean.
    Setup: i7-6700k 4.0ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980 Ti, 16gb ram, 65' Samsung UHD TV, Turtle Beach Stealth 500p headset, Thrustmaster T300RS,T3PA pedals
    Preferred class: GT3
    Steam: Rubberducky2k10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OperatorWay, takaii

Platform
    PC
    I wonder if the current implementations of the license rating & penalty systems are affecting player behaviors in unexpected/unintended ways.
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII GENE | CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    Game Controller: ThrustMaster T150 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    The following user likes this Post: m00lean

Platform
    PC
    sounds like a typical Nascar Restrictor plate race type deal hang out at the back till after the big one then start making your way up the pack. they might think by sitting at the back and let some wreck out then start moving up
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah Im pretty sure most of the time it is just people not qualifying so they start at or near the back and don't get taken out in 1st corner carnage. I know I have done this quite a few times when I'm on a lobby with lots of U's and F's and things look pretty wild.

Starting mid pack is just about a guarantee in one of these servers that you will cop a lot of penalty points against your own safety rating when other people take you out. I guess people are trying to avoid that.

Platform
    PC
    If I enter a lobby and there is not enough time to run 2 laps and get pole I sit in the pits and start last. Hang back in turn one, wait for half the pack to wreck then drive on by.
    Steam I.D: Ekay_Jay
    Fanatec CS V2.5 | CS V3 pedals| Formula wheel | Momo mod30 wheel | CS handbrake| | Th8a shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I had a situation where I was penalised + 1 pos still not sure what for, I went back into the pits to adjust my setup went to leave the pits and was unable to move, the car would not select 1st gear still had a heap of time left to qualify

Platform
    PC
    I saw a message "not enough progress " when not recording a timed lap in Q yet as I was tuning the set in & out of the garage .I think this sends you to the back of the grid .. and hits your rating a bit to I think ..
    CPU- AMD FX 8350 Black edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHZ (4.2Hz Turbo) AMD 125W, VID- Gigabyte Nvid 1080 , mobo- GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 , PS- EVGA 1050W supernova, OS- Win 7 Ent, Mem- G.Skill 16G , G27, Antec big box with lots of lights n fans :-)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    this can happen for speeding in the pits or unsafe exit on the pits (believe unsafe exit takes multiple infractions)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I got disqualified for speeding in the pits because I selected to "Return to Pits". Car just glitched into it it all over the shop. Nice.