Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kicking the leader

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Kicking the leader

This game is getting super ridicolous, I just got kicked from a race for leading the race. 3 friends aparently racing in same session are kicking anyone who is faster than them. Lost 30 rating point because this flawless multiplayer system.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqo View Post
    This game is getting super ridicolous, I just got kicked from a race for leading the race. 3 friends aparently racing in same session are kicking anyone who is faster than them. Lost 30 rating point because this flawless multiplayer system.
    should be a way to repport abusive players

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqo View Post
    That's always been very common for years.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    That's always been very common for years.
    True, but is it common (or fair) for race leaders to incur deductions/penalties against their license rating for getting kicked by sore-losing hosts?
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
    Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII GENE | CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    Game Controller: ThrustMaster T150 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    The following 3 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Diablo944, Ossnott

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    True, but is it common (or fair) for race leaders to incur deductions/penalties against their license rating for getting kicked by sore-losing hosts?
    i agree its not fair for you to be punished
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: Ossnott

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    IMHO in trying to punish quitters there are more innocent victims(for multiple reasons including this one) than the system does good.

Can't the rating work on per lap basis? so if you get disconnected or kicked after 50% of the race while a good position you at least only lose half the points you would normally? It's kind of unfair to subtract the full amount for missing only a small percentage of laps especially if it's not your fault or in this case the opposite of that.

It's like saying 30% innocents in prison is okay because you at least put the bad guys away too.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following user likes this Post: OperatorWay

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    No definitely not.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    IMHO in trying to punish quitters there are more innocent victims [...] than the system does good.
    I disagree, there are more innocent victims complaining imo (I don't say they are not right ! just the voice minority).

I'd like the ranking and SR system take not only the results at the end of the race but at the beginning too. This way quitters would be less a big deal as they are just DNF at the end and the points are calculated with them. I don't know if it's a possible thing to change or not in the future.
    Last edited by Balles; 09-10-2017 at 05:31.
    PROCESSOR: watercooled I7 5820K@ 4.5Ghz. Video card : 1080GTX RAM : 32GB DDR4, OP SYS : Windows 10 64bit.
    HDD : SSD XP941 M.2 1Gb/s 256Go SCREEN : oculus CV1, WHEEL: Fanatec CSW,CSRE pedals,shifter SQ EU, handbrake
    OTHERS : motion rig 2DOF, Buttkicker THMP1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Balles View Post
    I disagree, there are more innocent victims complaining imo (I don't say they are not right ! just the voice minority).

I'd like the ranking and SR system take not the result at the end of the race but at the beginning. This way quitters would be less a big deal as they are just DNF at the end. I don't know if it's a possible thing to change or not in the future.
    how would that work it sounds like just qualifing to me
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    how would that work it sounds like just qualifing to me
    Let's say you are 20 at the beginning and 5 at the end. The system take only the 5 and punish the 15 quitters. I propose to take the 5 + 15 DNF at the end for the ranking and less punish the quitters (only the points they should loose to be last), if it's possible.
    Last edited by Balles; 09-10-2017 at 05:46.
    PROCESSOR: watercooled I7 5820K@ 4.5Ghz. Video card : 1080GTX RAM : 32GB DDR4, OP SYS : Windows 10 64bit.
    HDD : SSD XP941 M.2 1Gb/s 256Go SCREEN : oculus CV1, WHEEL: Fanatec CSW,CSRE pedals,shifter SQ EU, handbrake
    OTHERS : motion rig 2DOF, Buttkicker THMP1