Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kicking the leader

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Well then maybe change it to a ratio. If you are a person who has a high ratio of kicking people who have a very low ratio of being kicked you are suspect. And again you can also join a league :P

I'm trying to find a common ground here. But this rating is a very big stimulant for people to easily boost their score and massively damage another's. We've given them the perfect tools. Which is weird because if there was a way of blatant cheating worse than cutting track, it's deleting your opposition at the click of a button and having them penalized to boot.
    I guess a ratio could work but i think once the game settles and ppl find hosts they can trust this will be less of an issue anyway. Tbh, I would prefer to get rid of the points system altogether and just leave the safety rating. In my experience skill ratings (ie the number) can lead to problems within the online community as we are seeing now to some extent. That said i do support the idea of it.

Me join a league.... i reslly don't mean offence when say this but I have no desire or need to. I'm not the one having issues with the current system ☺

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    Me join a league.... i reslly don't mean offence when say this but I have no desire or need to. I'm not the one having issues with the current system ☺
    No offence either, but I had no problem with the old system, so the tables are kind of flipped. So let's all find a way to improve it to please all(or at least more)
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    No offence either, but I had no problem with the old system, so the tables are kind of flipped. So let's all find a way to improve it to please all(or at least more)
    No offence taken ☺

I agree that its not on for ppl to abuse the system by kicking someone just for being in the lead. Personally i welcome faster drivers into my lobby as it spurs me on to be a better racer.

I think someone on another thread suggested that ppl don't lose points if they are kicked.... one possible solution I guess.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    I think someone on another thread suggested that ppl don't lose points if they are kicked.... one possible solution I guess.
    To be fair I think losing the points isn't even the biggest problem. If you're in it for the racing(like most people I hope), it's worse being forced out of a race you were doing (very)good in than losing the points. To be fair I don't care about points that much(safety rating could be another thing down the line though).
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    To be fair I think losing the points isn't even the biggest problem. If you're in it for the racing(like most people I hope), it's worse being forced out of a race you were doing (very)good in than losing the points. To be fair I don't care about points that much(safety rating could be another thing down the line though).
    Good point but whatever happens going forward it needs to be balanced against the very real need to be able to kick wreckers. If not then the forums will be full of ppl quite rightly complaining that their safety rating is being ruined.

I think your ratio idea has mileage.
    Last edited by NeonFlux; 11-10-2017 at 00:22.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It's like saying 30% innocents in prison is okay because you at least put the bad guys away too.
    Yeah. And what a capital punishment! i'm racing and winning only for regain lost points from bugs, disconnections, kicks. 300 points circa. At this time, i could be 1600.
    And i think the innocents are more than the 30%, really sad about this. Can't enjoy this game, really. Driving and phisics are reeeally good. but huuge problems ( not fixed by vapour patches ) drag me and most of us doown.