Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kicking the leader

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Balles View Post
    My bad, I was talking about the race. But that way quitters may be less punished.
    If you're kicked in quali, that's not a big deal anyway, just annoying.
    no i meant if it records where you are at the beginning of the race that would basically be just qualifing you havent raced or won any thing. a better solution would be if you get kicked you just dont lose any points shouldnt the system be able to tell the difference between a kick and a disconnect or even better yet

have the system unable to kick some one if they are leading the race
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Why is it possible to kick a player after race start? And who have time for that while racing?..
    If you encounter a wrecker just keep driving, and ban him for the next one.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossnott View Post
    Why is it possible to kick a player after race start? And who have time for that while racing?..
    If you encounter a wrecker just keep driving, and ban him for the next one.
    When they ram you out a couple of time in a row you will find plenty of time...
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    have the system unable to kick some one if they are leading the race
    This won't help. It will only encourage rammers to barge their way to the front immediately (quite enough of that already).

I do agree with an earlier poster that drivers who leave the race should still be listed DNF on the final results page. It helps other drivers to keep track of those who consistently do this, so if you see them in your lobby you can be more aware of whether they're going to stick around or not.

I still do support disconnection penalties, however. Maybe a few points less, but they are still needed. And certainly you shouldn't get them for retiring to the pits, but for full exits only.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-2600k @ 4.4Ghz | ASUS P8P67 Pro | MSI GeForce GTX980ti GAMING 6gb | Cooler Master Hyper 212x | 16Gb D3-1333 RAM | 1Tb SSD | (2) 1Tb SATA HDD @ 7200rpm, RAID1 | LG 34UC88-B (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Win10 Pro | Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Clubsport GT rim, CSR Elite pedals & shifter | Modded PS3Eye w/ active IR | OpenTrack 2.3 rc21p11
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, NeonFlux

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    I still do support disconnection penalties, however. Maybe a few points less, but they are still needed. And certainly you shouldn't get them for retiring to the pits, but for full exits only.
    So with your solution disconnection penalties are still as bad as they were... If disconnection penalties stay as bad as they are I can only be against the rating system. It causes more victims(and justified anger) then it tries to solve. Why would I get a penalty when the server fails, or my ISP fails or my PC. I can avoid rammers just fine without it, dos I'll avoid rating servers for now.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 09-10-2017 at 12:45.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Or stop caring about your driver rating and just worry about the safety one? The driver rating is borked atm especially with so many random disconnects from MP lobbies (I've had 5 in the past week - 200 points gone not to mention having races ruined by others and ending up at the back). Generally I dislike driver rating systems as it changes your mentality towards a game in a bad way, making everyone more frustrated and angry. Safety rating is all that matters as it not only keeps races cleaner by people driving safer it also keeps out the poor drivers too once you set it down for your MP lobby.

I see no benefit in the driver rating system TBH and think overall it is actually a negative force in the game. I'd like to be able to opt out it and just use the safety rating. We'd all be a lot happier without it.

In fact here's a challenge for you - name one thing having a driver rating improves for your racing experience that having the safety rating doesn't already do?

Platform
    PC
    The rating system may need some time to adapt to itself... maybe... but ATM I've found it a bit confusing to say the least.

Yesterday I've raced in a lobby, set by some frustrated kid in its basement probabily... because he kicked me 1 lap from the finish line, without having touched anybody, let alone him, not even at the 1st corner (and it was Monza, BTW), nor in any other moment during the race... and the moment he kicked me, I was nowhere near him and he was leading by 14 seconds and set to win the race anyway!
    The result was that I lost an unspecified amount of points (I estimated at least 30 or 40) from my skill count, only for being there at the same (wrong) time with the wrong assh*les.

Later on, I raced in a 1 hour long Le Mans multi-class race, driving an LMP2, against other LMP1s and GTEs, most of them AIs, with the AI skill level set (by the host) to such a high level that the GTE were easily outrunning me on the straights!
    Anyway... I've held fast on the steering wheel with my teeth grinding for more than 1 hour, and I've finished 10th overall but 1st in my class.
    This resulted in... probably... 4 or 5 pts gained on the skill count?

Well... this left me with some bad taste in my mouth.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

Platform
    PC
    Oh dear, I thought I was the only one. Friend and me are always creating online lobbys and set them to public so others can join. We don't even restrict safety rating so "U" drivers can still join. We just make sure to get rid of those doing donuts in the pits. (Yes, we had this one time).

When the race starts and you have two minutes to click ready, the fun starts. Normal people like my friend or me do quickly adjust the fuel and tire type according to race length and weather conditions and save the setup. In these 30 seconds we need to do so, some idiot on the lobbys already started a vote kick because we didn't click "ready" in the first 10 seconds.

Surprisingly though, the people being impatient and saying "drive safe, i want a clean race" are the ones that wreck half the field. The problem is that there are a lot of people who are 1. impatient and 2. seem to lack maturity to be the sort of "professional sim racer" they apparently want to be.

EDIT: And sure its annoying if you get kicked for being P1. However, this is not the games fault. It's the fault of the players...

EDIT2: Vote-Kick should be disabled when being in the 2 minutes pre-race-phase. People not clicking ready before the timer is over will be in the pits by default and start from there. So no AFK'ler on the starting grid, no one gets harmed. Maybe you have 30 seconds longer until the race starts but that's about it. They can either stay there in the pits and be AFK for the race, or they come back and start from the pits. Maybe shorten the preperation time to 1 minute or 90 seconds if people are too impatient. But generally there is not a single reason for vote kicking every time someone didn't click ready in the first 10 seconds. That really bothers me a lot.
    Last edited by Marlborofranz; 09-10-2017 at 14:46.

Platform
    PC
    Or just race with like minded people from this forum and get a group of us to race privately.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - LG 49UJ651V 4k tv - Thrustmaster T300 - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - trackir 5 - Astro A40 + Mix Amp Pro Headset- GT Omega wheelstand.
    The following user likes this Post: Marlborofranz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Or stop caring about your driver rating and just worry about the safety one?

I see no benefit in the driver rating system TBH and think overall it is actually a negative force in the game. I'd like to be able to opt out it and just use the safety rating. We'd all be a lot happier without it.

In fact here's a challenge for you - name one thing having a driver rating improves for your racing experience that having the safety rating doesn't already do?
    Exactly. I have lost about eighty points myself; don't care a whit. I'm racing for places in the race, and not to compare points with others; if I glitch out, I just enter another.

No one's ever going to see a low Skill Rating and not want to race you (quite the contrary!), so why does it matter? A low Safety Rating on the other hand, that's the important one.

Now, what I would support is SMS make the lobby filters work on Safety Ratings alone, so every room is U100, D100 etc. Because I don't care if slow drivers run in my races, but I do want to limit my lobbies to those who are going to drive safely around me.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-2600k @ 4.4Ghz | ASUS P8P67 Pro | MSI GeForce GTX980ti GAMING 6gb | Cooler Master Hyper 212x | 16Gb D3-1333 RAM | 1Tb SSD | (2) 1Tb SATA HDD @ 7200rpm, RAID1 | LG 34UC88-B (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Win10 Pro | Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Clubsport GT rim, CSR Elite pedals & shifter | Modded PS3Eye w/ active IR | OpenTrack 2.3 rc21p11
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Charger, dault3883, Greg Redd, NeonFlux, Rodders