Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kicking the leader

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqo View Post
    This game is getting super ridicolous, I just got kicked from a race for leading the race. 3 friends aparently racing in same session are kicking anyone who is faster than them. Lost 30 rating point because this flawless multiplayer system.
    Same here, there was a bunch of guys with Spanish flags, I was P1 after Qualifying and then got kicked out. Another thing I've noticed was that when they were racing against fast drivers they always send rammer first to mow ppl down on the T1 so they can have a clear track. Again, if you catch up with them they will force you off the track. Pathetic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    That's always been very common for years.
    Kicking, loosing competitive rating? No not a chance.

Kart Driver
    I met this case today and I made evidence video.
    This admin guy seems repeating this to raise his rating.

med file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1cgo9...cks-leader.zip

My proposals:
    1. Forbid kicking by admin while race.
    2. Forbid kicking a player who driving properly.
    3. Add auto kick feature and forbid all kicking by admin and players.
    Last edited by palm3r; 10-10-2017 at 17:37.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    I'd like to add 4: remove kick priviliges(temporarily) from people who kick more than usual. Or just give a maximal kick allowance per x races. I think there are lots of people who never kicked anyone(like me) ever, so doing it multiple times per race should at least be flagged. IMHO that's more important thatn a safety rating... You can quite easily avoid wreckers, you can't avoid kickers...
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-Mario Andretti

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I'd like to add 4: remove kick priviliges(temporarily) from people who kick more than usual. Or just give a maximal kick allowance per x races. I think there are lots of people who never kicked anyone(like me) ever, so doing it multiple times per race should at least be flagged. IMHO that's more important thatn a safety rating... You can quite easily avoid wreckers, you can't avoid kickers...
    One could argue that its easy to avoid kickers.... just don't join their lobbys once you know who they are.

Wreckers on the other hand aren't always that easy to avoid and on xbox very often sneak around on different tags. I hosted pcars1 lobbys on xbox almost every night for two years and had a reputation for keeping a clean racing environment. I couldnt have achieved that without the host kick function.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    One could argue that its easy to avoid kickers.... just don't join their lobbys once you know who they are.
    The same goes for wreckers, but you can also avoid them with your car. That's kind of impossible with kickers. And even if a wrecker succeeds in hitting you your race isn't necessarily over. So IHMO kickers(like the ones mentioned here) are much much worse.

-Mario Andretti

Platform
    PC
    I don't understand why so many people get bent out of shape about being kicked, create your own lobbies and set up your own races it's that simple, but be aware once you are the admin kicking some people is inevitable and you are going to upset some people as they don't see what they did wrong, just be very selective about kicking for bad driving only, we never kick once a race has started unless someone throws a wobbly and decides to go rogue ;-)
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum

https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA

Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    The same goes for wreckers, but you can also avoid them with your car. That's kind of impossible with kickers. And even if a wrecker succeeds in hitting you your race isn't necessarily over. So IHMO kickers(like the ones mentioned here) are much much worse.
    Sorry but wreckers can cause havoc. Removing or reducing the host kick function would be a free pass for them to wait up, hit anything that moves, park accross the track etc etc. I remember all the complaints about amik who set to cause as much destruction as possible on pcars 1.

I also remember the standard answer on here in respect of avoiding online demo derbys was to join a league. Maybe thats the answer for those who are getting kicked just because they are leading a race.

Sorry but I don't see why us fair hosts should be penalised for a minority of over zealous hosts who can easily be avoided by not joining their lobbys
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I don't understand why so many people get bent out of shape about being kicked, create your own lobbies and set up your own races it's that simple, but be aware once you are the admin kicking some people is inevitable and you are going to upset some people as they don't see what they did wrong, just be very selective about kicking for bad driving only, we never kick once a race has started unless someone throws a wobbly and decides to go rogue ;-)
    Same here. In reality, on pcars 1, i had to kick people once/twice a night if that... usually because theyve waited up to take the leaders out or they are parked across the track.

On pcars 2 i have they minimum safety rating set to D and i havent had to kick anyone yet. That said though i would hate to lose the ability to kick people. And lets face it, those people who are blatantly wrecking deserve to lose points.
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    Sorry but wreckers can cause havoc. Removing or reducing the host kick function would be a free pass for them to wait up, hit anything that moves, park accross the track etc etc. I remember all the complaints about amik who set to cause as much destruction as possible on pcars 1.

I also remember the standard answer on here in respect of avoiding online demo derbys was to join a league. Maybe thats the answer for those who are getting kicked just because they are leading a race.

Sorry but I don't see why us fair hosts should be penalised for a minority of over zealous hosts who can easily be avoided by not joining their lobbys

Well then maybe change it to a ratio. If you are a person who has a high ratio of kicking people who have a very low ratio of being kicked you are suspect. And again you can also join a league :P

I'm trying to find a common ground here. But this rating is a very big stimulant for people to easily boost their score and massively damage another's. We've given them the perfect tools. Which is weird because if there was a way of blatant cheating worse than cutting track, it's deleting your opposition at the click of a button and having them penalized to boot.

-Mario Andretti