Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [KNOWN ISSUE] Outside wheels smoking out of fast corners

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

[KNOWN ISSUE] Outside wheels smoking out of fast corners

So, this is happening with a number of cars. Always starting out on Stable set up. Slowly building them up to match each track. Anyway, exiting the fast corners, my outside wheels are always smoking hard. I can't tell if its my front wheels or my rears - maybe I'm turning the front wheels to much, or maybe the differentials are screwed. Maybe I'm just understeering hard. Idk. As speed picks up, there goes the smoke.

Is that a differential issue? Am I driving the car too hard?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Jantlotus, snozbaries, tomekf248

Platform
    PC
    I also notice this as well and am not sure what it is. I try turning the wheel less but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    So, this is happening with a number of cars. Always starting out on Stable set up. Slowly building them up to match each track. Anyway, exiting the fast corners, my outside wheels are always smoking hard. I can't tell if its my front wheels or my rears - maybe I'm turning the front wheels to much, or maybe the differentials are screwed. Maybe I'm just understeering hard. Idk. As speed picks up, there goes the smoke.

Is that a differential issue? Am I driving the car too hard?
    What Car/track and what tires. Would you mind running a TT so I/we could follow you?
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    What Car/track and what tires. Would you mind running a TT so I/we could follow you?
    For sure, I'll do so tonight.

The latest cars I remember it happening in was the GT86 Rocketbunny GT4 at Sugo (last corner) and the Aston GTE car at Watkins Glen (that long fast right hander after the bus stop)

Platform
    PC
    Ok, can't drive Watkins Glen worth a flip and never seen Sugo but I'll try.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    smoke threashold has to be tweaked to fix it.
    i7 7700k @ 4.5ghz @1.25v
    Rog Strix 1080ti @ 2000mhz
    16gb HyperX Ram ddr4 @ 3333 mhz
    Rog Max Hero IX MB
    CSW v2/CSP v3/TH8A Shifter/DIY Arduino Handbrake

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TDS View Post
    smoke threashold has to be tweaked to fix it.
    has it? It just happened to me again today on Monza coming out of the last turn in the ferrari GT3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Happens to me on Spa in the Ferrari GT3 at Pouhon. I figured it was understeer causing the tyres to smoke as they've gone past their limit and are just scrubbing. If I slow down more and push the car in hard to begin with and then have a gradual line then it doesn't smoke. But if I'm trying to go fast and make the corner a sweeping turn then they smoke.
    [CPU:] Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz - OC to 4.4Ghz [GPU:] MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970 4Gb [RAM:] Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8Gb [PSU:] Corsair 650W [HDD:] Western Digital Blue 1Tb 7,200rpm [CPU Cooler:] Cooler Master 212 Evo [OS:] Windows 10 Wheel: Logitech G29 + Pedals

I'm convinced it's just a visual bug, I had fifteen minute race with tyre smoking in most corners and temps and wear were normal for the whole race.
    System: i5 750 @ 3.4GHz (currently stock 2.66GHz), 16GB RAM, (GTX680 GPU RIP) ,GTX 1060, Gigabyte GA/P55-UD5 Logitech G25 wheel (Falling apart),win7 64/ Win XP 32 SP3, all drivers upto date.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    AUDI R8 at SUGO last corner, get so smoky, Snetterton, long right hander before last T, same issue