Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily/Weekly events with license requirements!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry Daily/Weekly events with license requirements!!

Please SMS, you have made a great game, but without this feature the game will die soon, its a must for this game having any kind of official events every day/week/month officialy sanctioned and divited by license rating.

Playing in hosted servers its fun but not competitive, ppl doesnt try to keep his license because its not necessary to make any progress.

See the new GT Sport matchmaking system and make something similar. This is a must.
    Last edited by saidcoya; 10-10-2017 at 20:31.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: fresquito, Naer, TOCA2FREAK

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    What is it you're suggesting? Like a time trial event each week where you can raise or lower your safety/skill rating?

Ratings will be very important in the future when more people realise the negative effects of bad driving.
    i7-8700 Coffee Lake - 16gig RAM - 1080ti - Win10 64 - Logitech G29 - Rift CV1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsie View Post
    What is it you're suggesting? Like a time trial event each week where you can raise or lower your safety/skill rating?

Ratings will be very important in the future when more people realise the negative effects of bad driving.
    Not at all, im suggesting an official Project Car 2 series with daily/weekly races at different times who sepparate drivers by his Safety Rating or license.

Every week SMS should make a schedule with different time slots and changing tracks every week, this make sense because ppl could learn tracks and improve during the week

For example:

License U and higher license drivers could compete with slowers cars every 15 mins
    License F/E/D and higher license drivers could compete with TC cars every 30 mins
    License C/B/A/S could compete with GT3/GTE/LMP1 or faster Cars every 1 hour

From Sunday to Saturday 24 hours

SMS should make any kind of auto matchmaking to do this based on SR and license Rating and put official dedicated servers hosting this. Drivers could signup 15 mins before race and practising in the event room.

Without this, Safety Rating and License Rating doesnt have any sense.

PD: sorry for my english, it isnt my native language.
    Last edited by saidcoya; 10-10-2017 at 21:09.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Blaine Jr, Brado23, Chimildo, Naer, Orothil, takaii, TOCA2FREAK

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Absolutely 100% agree with this. This is exactly what I thought I was buying into when I bought the game. I have just posted a topic with my thoughts on this. The License is currently totally redundant within the online portion of the game.
    If they don't add arranged events then I think a lot of people will just leave. GTSport does it absolutely brilliantly. I guess the issue is that they don't want to fork out for the server costs... but, you gotta spend money to make money. I'll keep an eye on what they add in future patches. hopefully something will change. I will absolutely laugh if it gets added as paid DLC tho.
    The biggest problem really is that I don't know the tracks or the cars all that well if at all.. so how can I practice for a race in the multiplayer lobbies when it usually doesn't show me any that are actually in Practice session. and no way to filter them on PS4. With races arranged in advance you could practice the track and car etc. If they don't add dedicated servers I see the online dying quite soon, as it's currently terrible with lag spikes that will throw youi off the track jsut coz someone has joined teh game, or set a new lap record.. or one of the many other things that happen seamlessly in any other online racing game.
    Last edited by BATTLExxBEDDALL; 10-10-2017 at 23:10.
    The following user likes this Post: Naer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by saidcoya View Post
    License U and higher license drivers could compete with slowers cars every 15 mins
    License F/E/D and higher license drivers could compete with TC cars every 30 mins
    License C/B/A/S could compete with GT3/GTE/LMP1 or faster Cars every 1 hour
    You don't even have to put the different license levels in cars of different speeds (U slow, A fast, etc). Could still be all the same cars, but drivers separated based on license level.
    Motherboard: ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero Processor: Intel i7-7700K Memory: 16GB 3466MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB(Black) Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II 4GB OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G29 Other: HTC Vive, RS Dash, Voiceattack

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brado23 View Post
    You don't even have to put the different license levels in cars of different speeds (U slow, A fast, etc). Could still be all the same cars, but drivers separated based on license level.
    Its only a suggestion, but yes is not necessary. I think on this because if you put an U driver license driving a Mclaren P1 GTR this race could be a mess due to his inexperience.

IMO.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I like the basics of your idea, saidcoya, but my thought was to not be able to unlock GT3 cars until you reach License Grade E, for example, and by that you would encourage racers to race cleanly in slower cars - master that and race clean, and then you can "move up" drive these "X" cars which are faster. This would calm things down a little in the Online world for me...EDIT: I think a privilege associated with your Licence Level would work well.
    Last edited by Fastback Fever; 11-10-2017 at 08:13.
    The following user likes this Post: fresquito

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastback Fever View Post
    I like the basics of your idea, saidcoya, but my thought was to not be able to unlock GT3 cars until you reach License Grade E, for example, and by that you would encourage racers to race cleanly in slower cars - master that and race clean, and then you can "move up" drive these "X" cars which are faster. This would calm things down a little in the Online world for me...EDIT: I think a privilege associated with your Licence Level would work well.
    Yeah its a good idea but the main problem is that we dont have any official servers o leagues or anything who encourage drivers to drive safe, just a license operating in hosted races 5 years ago could be a good system but not today.

I am not asking for an iracing service for free, im asking for a matchmaking system with 4 servers hosting races 24/7 with safety rating restrictions... nothing else, PC2 is not a massive game, ppl without any economic support do this on Assetto Corsa, or jumping to FPS shooters PUBG has millions of players playing at the same time on thousands of servers in a 30€ game.

If SMS dont want to mantain this servers they could make just the matchamaking system and racers of every race randomly host the race based on ping or anything similar.... i dont know how but they have a lot of options.

Multiplayer will die soon if they dont do this. Its my thought.
    Last edited by saidcoya; 11-10-2017 at 09:09.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok, but I do think that possibly that the problem stems from the fact that there is a general lack of understanding how the Race Licence works, so something to make racers more aware of this would be an improvement in my opinion.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ben_Rogue, Orothil

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree with license requirements, but it neccesery to entire game with car restriction, not only events.
    Obviously, high speed cars requires high skill level. It doesn't matter when driving alone, but in multiplayer is not.
    Accordingly, if there are license requirements for using car in entire game, it will protects multiplayer and official events, and give some motivation to be clean racing and raise rating.