Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daily/Weekly events with license requirements!!

WMD Member
    I think this is a really great idea. Have SMS "sponsored" races where specific car/tracks are chosen every week/month. Have requirements to enter, probably a safety grade requirement if it's actual racing and not time trialing. Then offer double points gain for this race and normal point loss. This would make a lot of people want to do this race and would give incentive to get a good safety rating.
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Intel I5-6600k
    16 GB DDR4 ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Fanatec Clubsport Elite
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Brado23, Chimildo, Fastback Fever, gelfie, Mbondracing, Naer, Oliver Johann, Orothil

Platform
    PS4
    It would also be nice if these SMS events allowed players to improve their Safety Rep and Licences. I'm a clean racer but finding it very hard to get any clean races in MP, I don't have any friends that play and those randoms that do jon my lobbies often cause accidents intentionally just to win, further hurting my rating... I don't think a lot of casual players understand that a clean race is more important than a win. If the SMS events counted toward your licence and safety rating, It'd improve the matchmaking side of things for those of us with no friends who are stuck having to struggle with racing noobs...

A rotating event schedule like that of DriveClub or Gran Turismo Sport, where players could set a qualifying time and be matched with similarly skilled players would be great!
    Last edited by Ben_Rogue; 11-10-2017 at 12:24.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Black Puddin, Chimildo, Fastback Fever, Oliver Johann

Platform
    PC
    I'm all on board with this. I hope/wish they can find a way to implement it. If so I would cut out all other sims completely and this would be my only focus. Right now iracing is the top dog for multiplayer racing having timed races setup, it's biggest downfalls are it's old, pricy, and needs updated graphics/tire models. If PC2 could get some sort of organized racing done like a set schedule it would really take off. I think it's what a lot of people are looking for. Sure it's great to have a rating system, but having organized racing would be amazing.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Blaine Jr, Brado23, Chimildo, cpcdem, Oliver Johann

Platform
    PC
    This was my number one hope for PC2, sponsored racing events. TT is cool, but gets old after a while. I like some interaction, a little rubbin and racin.

I was going to make a separate thread about my idea, but then saw this one...

Is anybody familiar with the steps tournament system in online poker? My idea is similar.

A weekly series running a particular car/track combo.

Monday through Thursday are play-in tournaments. There are two tiers. The first tier has a min U1000 rating, and the second has a D1500 min rating. To advance past the play-in tournaments, you have to win a second tier race. A podium finish in a first tier race gets you a ticket into the second tier race, regardless of your rating (so if you are D1500+ you skip the first tier altogether). These races are simpler (day, good weather), shorter (15 laps or so). You enter into the lobby of the race you are entering, and as soon as 24 players join, you are sent to the track with a 20 min practice, 15 min qualy, and 15 lap race. You can only enter 5 play-in tournaments per week, regardless of whether they are first or second tier.

The playoff tournaments start Friday. Same idea as above, only there is no min rating, you have to have a ticket from winning the second tier race. The playoff tournaments may have to be scheduled throughout the day, because you will have weeded out so many players, you may be waiting for a good 30 minutes for a lobby to fill and start. Races are longer, random weather, mandatory pit stop, etc...

If enough people play and we have a large number of entrants into the playoff tournaments, we could have a Championship round of Sunday. Obviously, you will have to win a playoff race to enter. These later rounds should be advertised and streamed on the Community page and other streaming services. I could go on with details, but I hope my main idea got across.

What do you guys think? How much time/effort would SMS have to put in to make a system like this work?
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Brado23, Jaood, Orothil, saidcoya

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    agree

WMD Member
    That sounds a bit complicated. I think players should just be able to hit a "Join" button or be able to select from a small group of lobbies where the event is listed. If there is no session running then the button can say "Start Session" and it starts a lobby just like multiplayer where you wait for other players to join the event. For me I think double points is the important thing or I probably wouldn't have incentive to do these races.
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Intel I5-6600k
    16 GB DDR4 ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Fanatec Clubsport Elite
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Chimildo, Mbondracing

WMD Member
    Absolutely 100% agree!

with Amateur and PRO LEAGUE.

The game is fantastic. IF improve the game, fix the game and implement a official event with prize ..... BECOME THE BEST RACE GAME EVER!!!

The fast LAP ESL EVENT is good... but make a real GP with BROADCASTER.... NO WORD!!

Sorry for the bad english

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BATTLExxBEDDALL View Post
    This is exactly what I thought I was buying into when I bought the game.
    You're not alone there. This is the impression I got from the prerelease information. I do wonder how many people thought this would be the case. This might be my biggest disappointment in PC2.

Although I don't think GTS have it perfect I do think they are the current benchmark for official sprint racing and I did iRacing for years. I think every developer would do well to look at what GTS is doing, look at what areas iRacing does better and what GTS does better and learn from that.

The future of Sim Racing is online racing, the world has just been waiting for the right systems and structure.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    What I think would be the best implementation is official series racing with the number of series being dictated by how many people are racing online because too many series dilutes the community too much making matchmaking ineffective.

The series could be tiered so that at least one series isn't available to every driver giving drivers a minimum standard goal to work to.

Then the entry pool for each series would be divided into lobbies according to license with the closest matches first by letter and then by number.

Qualifying should be the same as GTS does with TT events being matched to the official race series and being qualifying for those series with no forces setup sharing. Qualifying only determines the starting grid after matchmaking.

I don't agree with how GTS only has daily races, I think weekly races are better but maybe there can be both. I do think starting out like GTS has is important because I think weekly races should be reserved for longer races and until you can reconnect to a race if disconnected longer racing will never work effectively on PCARS.

Over time if the racing community grew you could have more events but ideally you don't want so many events that dilute the community in a way that makes the licencing ineffective for matchmaking. What you want is racing that splits into lots of rooms so that racing is fun and competitive for all. Also there really should be a license below U for W drivers to go down into so clean rookies are not exposed to the worst of the worst when starting out.

Over time if the racing community grew you could see some endurance events and perhaps some official championships with its own points system similar to iRacing's but event registration and reconnecting needs to be implemented before that can happen.

I think though GTS has shown us you don't really need a championship system as long as you have a good ranking and matchmaking systems and it is probably best to grow the racing community first with daily races. Over time if the issues with online racing become sorted and suitable for longer races then PCARS2 could be excellent for endurance racing and it would be nice to see some official championships but it should never get to the point where they start to dilute the pool of competitors to the point that matchmaking is pointless.

Race frequency should also be determined by this matchmaking balance but race length is also a consideration for race frequency. For example if they ever got to the point where you can reconnect and have good endurance races then endurance races should only happen a few times over the weekend and wouldn't be a daily race, they would be a weekend even with racing only once every 4 hours perhaps. If they ever got to the point of a 6 hour or 12 hour race then perhaps it would be something planned in advance and only 1-3 time slots available dictated by popularity.

This is my most wanted feature, a reputation and skill system without this is useless.

The first thing required for this are dedicated servers, this system cannot be implemented without them. And we haven't them.

SMS should start with races every 15/20 minutes and add more events when the player base grow up.

Do nothing is a missing opportunity.
    Sorry for my english, google translate

CPU: Phenom II x6 1075t 3 Ghz
    RAM: 4Gb
    GPU: AMD/ATI 6870 1Gb
    S.O: Win7 64bits
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, gelfie, m00lean