Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was I lead to believe there was matchmaking in the game?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Why was I lead to believe there was matchmaking in the game?

hey,
    So, I bought this game on the strength of this 'fantastic new License system' that was going to match me against similar skilled players with similar safety ratings and revolutionise the sim racing world. ... errm how exactly?
    There's no matchmaking in the game to speak of.

here is a quote from an interview with SMS -
    Now with Project CARS 2 we track your level of racing, how safe you drive, your safety rating. You will then be matched up with who drive the same way. So if you’re a wrecker - you like driving backwards or crashing into people, you’ll be matched up with someone like that. If you’re someone who is a clean racer you’ll be matched up with those sort of people. If you’re organising multiplayer races you can also decide what sort of drivers are coming into those races. -

That quote clearly makes it sound like there is matchmaking in the game. It even says "you will be matched up with people like that"...
    This whole license system is what made me decide to buy it. No wreckers.. awesome! Well, that's absolute rubbish.

Am I missing something? what's the point of a license system that's supposed to match you with other 'safe' drivers of the same skill, when there is no matchmaking system. The online lobbies don't have enough players trying to enter for them to pick and choose who they let in, which is why most of them are open to anyone. Seems this system doesn't actually do anything. To get any decent online racing in PCARS2 you're going to have to join a external club or league, where they are going to let you race anyway no matter what your safety rating or driving level are. The whole license system is pretty redundant without matchmaking....

I also heard that they were really pushing the E-Sports side of things... where? all I'm seeing are Community Time Trials? Are there no organised race events at all? online leagues? cups?...
    It seems that the game is just a sandbox racing game where people have to organise their own events etc. It's like iRacing never happened, as these devs have clearly learned nothing from it.

In reality, the safety rating doesn't do anything to match you against drivers of similar safety, it just makes it so safe people can stop you driving in their lobby. that's VERY different to what is being said in the interview, and just sounds like once the casual crowd as departed, once they realise the hype was unwarranted, there will be nowhere for new drivers to race online.

So what gives? where is all this online awesomeness I have been led to believe existed in this game? coz I really hope it's there somewhere as the Playstation Store has £50 of my money and they don't refund.

cheers
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Blaine Jr, Boskapongen, Cypher, Kebabfelix, saidcoya, wadafaka

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    First of all, are you on PC or PS? Your profile info says PC, but in your message you mention PS Store.

The system works already incredibly well when there are E or D+ servers available for joining, the racing is extremely satisfying there, at least it has been for me (I'm on PC btw). Problem is there are not enough such ranked servers yet, most probably because not a lot of people have ranked up yet. Only time will tell for sure, but I suspect in a few weeks there will be plenty of options. Remember it's not even been 3 weeks from release..

I have no idea what SMS plans are for additional things like organized events etc, anything like that would be very welcome, but my guess is that for the moment their focus is on polishing the game and fixing the many reported bugs. Once the platform gets more stable, I think there are unlimited options for additional things to be offered in such a high quality game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Im asking for something similar on my post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...e-requirements!!

We want a response from SMS.

Hosted racing is not they have promised.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Today I was leading a race starting with about C1470 no race incident and was disconnected for an unknown reason then my rank fall to C1430. ... hum hum...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by saidcoya View Post
    Im asking for something similar on my post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...e-requirements!!

We want a response from SMS.

Hosted racing is not they have promised.
    "We want...", funny^^
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    You got to give it time guys as it's only just started.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Krobo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by t0daY View Post
    "We want...", funny^^
    Yes "we" im not the only.

Platform
    PC
    You can "want" all day long...
    New Rig:
    Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: t0daY

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey, I'm on PS4, I've changed my profile now. thanks
    There aren't enough servers full stop on PS4. It doesn't help that it only shows you 20 at a time. most of which have usually already begun racing, with no way to filter or even organise by session etc. trying to find an online game on PS4 is infuriating. Which is why I'm desperately hoping for some organised events on dedicated servers. It's a shame as I've been playing GTSport recently and although PCars 2 racing feels a million time better they really haven't backed it up with the online support that GTSport has. If only we could of had PCARS2 racing with GTS matchmaking and organised events.... what a sweet life it would be.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, I am not familiar with the situation in PS, although IIUC there were some more problems in it, than in the PC version. But there was a big patch released today, hopefully that will fix the important problems and a lot more people will now go online again?