Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why was I lead to believe there was matchmaking in the game?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey, If you are coming to PCARS2 looking for online play then you are going to have a very bad time of it unless you join some sort of external group that will organise events. Everything even down to qualifying for a race is made impossible with the system they have implemented. Unless you have everyone ready and joined on the server before you attempt any qualifying laps, well... you may as well just not bother, as lag spikes caused by people joining the sever are guaranteed to slam you into the barriers at high speed.... which also affects your safety rating and skill rating... nice. Seriously, Just play the rather lacklustre career mode for now and hope they change the multiplayer aspect entirely somewhere down the line. You know.. when it's too late and anyone interested in playing the game has already moved on to better things.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Honestly, custom public lobbies is the best thing you can have for MP. If you don't like the lobbies available, create a lobby yourself and set everything as you like. I remember I read something about matchmaking in the pre-launch time, but I don't know why you think it'll be an iRacing kind of system. I highly doubt there will be events where you can sign up hours prior to race start.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NeonFlux, snakehands

Kart Driver
    The way they have done it in GTS is fantastic. 3 different combinations of tracks/cars everyday, separated by 20 minutes. You can finish a race, hop in for a quick qualification, do the race, finish, repeat. Very addictive.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciej619 View Post
    The way they have done it in GTS is fantastic. 3 different combinations of tracks/cars everyday, separated by 20 minutes. You can finish a race, hop in for a quick qualification, do the race, finish, repeat. Very addictive.
    I too am confused about the matchmaking in PC2, I bought it today and even though I got to an F1500 so far I am still able to join lobbies that have mixes all the way from U to A and skill numbers all just as varied. Is there something I'm missing like the equivalent of "Sport" mode in GTS where matchmaking is done automatically? So far it seems just like the lobby mode in GTS where its really a lucky dip.

They've done a brilliant job of the ranking system and online matchmaking in GTS, I also saw in a screen shot that in the full version races are separated by 5 minutes instead of 20, I assume that 20 was only for the demo/beta to make sure they had enough of an online population to match-make from in case not many people downloaded the demo.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciej619 View Post
    Does GTS = Gran Turismo Sport? That's the arcade(ish) racing game for Playstation only right? I'm surprised they have a set schedule races setup like that if that's the case. Ya i'm sure the community here would _love_ to have scheduled races too hopefully in the future?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by the5amkebab View Post
    I too am confused about the matchmaking in PC2, I bought it today and even though I got to an F1500 so far I am still able to join lobbies that have mixes all the way from U to A and skill numbers all just as varied. Is there something I'm missing like the equivalent of "Sport" mode in GTS where matchmaking is done automatically? So far it seems just like the lobby mode in GTS where its really a lucky dip.
    Those lobbies that you are joining do not have a requirement for high safety ranking to participate in, so they are mixed with U to A. Or F to A, if there's an "F" minimum requirement. You cannot currently join races that have a "D", "C" etc requirement, but those are unfortunately still quite rare, so you probably haven't noticed them. I am hoping more an more will be created in the coming weeks, so hurry up and increase your safety ranking fast!