Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was I lead to believe there was matchmaking in the game?

Platform
    XBOX1
    What's the point in being matched automatically with other people in races with unknown lengths and unknown tracks? The problem is that info about sessions is wrong, so you join a lobby just to see the race has already started but info said they still were in qualifying. This needs to be fixed, but I'd prefer being able to choose lobbies to race on tracks I like over being matched in random races of random length. Absolutely pointless to have a 5 laps race on Knockhill for instance.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 11-10-2017 at 12:27.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah license system was very underwhelming. No matchmaking, no leaderboards, no rewards of any sort (Could be a gamer tag color or whatever).

So much potential but yeah hope it grows to become better.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    What's the point in being matched automatically with other people in races with unknown lengths and unknown tracks? The problem is that info about sessions is wrong, so you join a lobby just to see the race has already started but info said they still were in qualifying. This needs to be fixed, but I'd prefer being able to choose lobbies to race on tracks I like over being matched in random races of random length. Absolutely pointless to have a 5 laps race on Knockhill for instance.
    Why would you assume it would match you into random races? on random tracks?
    You simply have a list of races... specific tracks and cars, then you sign up for it in advance... maybe an hour or so before the race starts... then in that time you qualify.... the game then takes all the info of all the racers who entered and sorts them into races accordingly. You could even have psuedo seasons by running a series of tracks over a couple of weeks, changing track every few days or so, for a given class of car.

Or one thing that I really cannot understand is why they didn't add an option on the career page to join an online race for the track or car that you have just raced. It just feels like the online portion of the game was thrown together with minimal effort or thought. Obviously it would need SMS to host their own servers for all this to work and this is clearly something they didnt want to do. It appears that this game hasn't done as well as it's predecessor in terms of sales and people playing in the first 2 weeks. I fear online mode is only going down hill from here. I'm sure there's tonnes of fun if you join a league of facebook group, or something external to the game and run private matches. Just a shame they didn't put more money behind making it all work online.
    The following user likes this Post: Shooter80

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebabfelix View Post
    Yeah license system was very underwhelming. No matchmaking, no leaderboards, no rewards of any sort (Could be a gamer tag color or whatever).

So much potential but yeah hope it grows to become better.
    Yeah, not like Clash of Clans at all...thank God!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    You got to give it time guys as it's only just started.
    Will there be a matchmaking option then as advertised?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Yeah, not like Clash of Clans at all...thank God!
    Uhm heard of CS:GO, PuBG, OW? Any massive game has this..

Superkart Pilot
    Never heard of them. Their titles aren’t exactly catchy.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Theres quite a difference in the amount of players and how many different combinations there is in this game and the games you mention. If you'd want to race something like a GT1 at Laguna _right now_ you'd probably be out of luck anyway.

To have something like iracing would probably be better. 1-4 different combinations people could join each week. But then we would need a dedicated part on the forum where people could start threads like "Why dont you have my favorite combination?!?!?!?!?!?!?! "

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

How to play online when there no players...

Can anyone tell me why I cant play online??? Only few servers with few players... And you have to wait just for them to shut down the server... And then another one... How to play this game online? Any pointers? Thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

How to play online when there no players...

Can anyone tell me why I cant play online??? Only few servers with few players... And you have to wait just for them to shut down the server... And then another one... How to play this game online? Any pointers? Thanks.

And then, when I manage to start the race, I usually find out that my wheel does not work for some reason, until I restart the game...