Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [XB1] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread

Platform
    PC

[XB1] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread

Please use this thread to discuss patch 2.0 for XB1.
    It will be opened as soon as the patch will arrive.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    First, so far the patch seems to have done some great things in my initial testing. While testing the GT3 cars being able to drive straight I noticed something new, or something I had not before.

As I was just trying to get to the straights over multiple laps I was running the tires pretty hot, orange and red on the hud. Anytime the tires were a warm color smoke began to pour out of the back like I was locking up. No sound effect though. The smoke left when the temps returned to normal. Didn't seem to affect the car.

Nothing major. I just wanted to report. Cars drove straight by the way!
    The following 5 users likes this Post: DelawareDave424, Konan, Nint, tdurbo, Ware122

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That strange "slow down" bug is still present. One noticeable area where this happens is on the two left hand corners before the sweeping uphill right hand turn at Sportsland Sugo.
    The following user likes this Post: transfix

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Strange but I didn't have the Setup/Save bug but it is ever present now. I'm currently testing GT3's at Sonoma and I was having mixed results after making adjustments. Just to verify I would change the brake bias, and sometimes it saves and sometimes it reverts back to what it was including all the other settings I had changed even though i got that nifty new Saved Setup Screen. Other than that The cars seem to be handling a bit better. I instantly picked up 1.8 seconds at Sonoma in the Acura with no adjustments.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Downshifting is extremely inconsistent. This issue did not exist pre patch and only manifests in motion.

I'm using the standard paddle shifters on my Thrustmaster TMX pro, and have tested a couple cars at a couple different tracks. First noticed it when I returned to career mode (Ginetta GT5 is much improved btw, very nice to drive now).

I tested from a stop and can cycle up and down through the gears with no delay regardless of how fast I pull the paddles. When driving, the downshifts are selective, they work about 75% of the time. Usually it'll miss the last downshift coming into a hairpin and will occasionally miss one gear downshifts for kink like corners. I have had no issues at all with upshifts.

I'll admit I don't know anything about programming but how the hell do you break downshifting? Honestly this is more frustrating to me than any of the other bugs so far. Especially because it'll likely be another month before it's fixed I can work around difficult to drive cars, I can't really do anything if the game doesn't respond to inputs.
    Last edited by x M3AMI x; 14-10-2017 at 03:04.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bluwaters, Dynomight Motorsports, JasonSandwich, Joe Pinder

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by x M3AMI x View Post
    Downshifting is extremely inconsistent. This issue did not exist pre patch and only manifests in motion.

I'm using the standard paddle shifters on my Thrustmaster TMX pro, and have tested a couple cars at a couple different tracks. First noticed it when I returned to career mode (Ginetta GT5 is much improved btw, very nice to drive now).

I tested from a stop and can cycle up and down through the gears with no delay regardless of how fast I pull the paddles. When driving, the downshifts are selective, they work about 75% of the time. Usually it'll miss the last downshift coming into a hairpin and will occasionally miss one gear downshifts for kink like corners. I have had no issues at all with upshifts.

I'll admit I don't know anything about programming but how the hell do you break downshifting? Honestly this is more frustrating to me than any of the other bugs so far. Especially because it'll likely be another month before it's fixed I can work around difficult to drive cars, I can't really do anything if the game doesn't respond to inputs.
    It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

Random angry face to join in

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

Glad you addressed this. I was wondering about the health of my wheel, but it only started after I downloaded the patch.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Disease, Ian Bell, JasonSandwich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

I can appreciate the simulation of over-rev protection but as many others (yourself included) have noted, this is far too intrusive now.

I was aware of the feature beforehand, and I've never "flown through the gears" in this game. Once it became more intrusive today I was more deliberate in waiting to downshift at certain times and still nothing. High RPM engine braking is a real thing too

Although I appreciate your candor I feel you may have been better served just addressing the fact that you already said you'd likely patch it in another thread rather than mocking my frustration to close your reply. FWIW I saw your post about patching it AFTER I made my initial post.
    Last edited by x M3AMI x; 14-10-2017 at 04:02. Reason: Spelling

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by x M3AMI x View Post
    I can appreciate the simulation of over-rev protection but as many others (yourself included) have noted, this is far too intrusive now.

I was aware of the feature beforehand, and I've never "flown through the gears" in this game. Once it became more intrusive today I was more deliberate in waiting to downshift at certain times and still nothing. High RPM engine braking is a real thing too ��

Although I appreciate your candor I feel you may have been better served just addressing the fact that you already said you'd likely patch it in another thread rather than mocking my frustration to close your reply. FWIW I saw your post about patching it AFTER I made my initial post.
    We've listened and will move the over-rev limit up another 10% for the next patch. IIRC we allow up to 105% at the moment and will raise that to 115% We absolutely want to keep the functionality in though as it does go to realism.

And yes high RPM braking is a thing, but not beyond the RPM limits and we already allow it to go to 105%...
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Dynomight Motorsports, Mad LL, Skidz, x M3AMI x

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    We've listened and will move the over-rev limit up another 10% for the next patch. IIRC we allow up to 105% at the moment and will raise that to 115% We absolutely want to keep the functionality in though as it does go to realism.

And yes high RPM braking is a thing, but not beyond the RPM limits and we already allow it to go to 105%...
    Appreciated and looking forward to it. I'll work on adjusting my own timing until then.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, Ian Bell, wearymick