Thread: [xbox one] Lag/Stutter on open public lobbies

Platform
    XBOX1

[xbox one] Lag/Stutter on open public lobbies

Besides the disrespectful driving in public lobbies, what really gets to me, is the lag/stuttering when people join (and maybe leave) the session.
    This was also happened on Project Cars 1 but i was hopping there had been a solution to this on this new version.

is this something being worked on, or are we meant to stick to private lobbies where users don't join when the session is running?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Also, sorry for posting this at the wrong place

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    On PC the Lag during JIP is really minimal now... But i think that on the Consoles there is more to load (Partychat etc.) - Don't know if there is a possibility to reduce it.
    It's logged into the "Bug Tracker" so if there is a possibility to reduce it it will be takled
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NeonFlux, RookieRaceline

Haven't tried latest patch Siberian Tiger, but for sure prior to it, even on PC the stutter can be very bad ( especially if you're in VR ). So I wouldn't say that it has been fixed, at least, not completely :/
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, that's why i wrote minimal... On my System (also VR) it is barely noticable now... (Was far more in pCars1)...

I don't think that it will be possible to "fix" it 100% on all Systems/Hardware/Configurations...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I hope they manage to fix it on PS4 as it's game breaking on that console.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Its still stuttering in PC pretty badly.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSS View Post
    Its still stuttering in PC pretty badly.
    Seems to be better now here. PC also.

Platform
    PC
    This is greatly improved internally (on all systems) and will come in a patch soon.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, denis74, NeonFlux, RookieRaceline, Siberian Tiger

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks @Ian Bell! Good to know that you're working on it!

I'll look forward to the Xbox update and see how it works. My Rookie session the other day was terrible, mainly because of the lag. It did help to adjust lobby size to slightly more people that what we were. This way instead of having 8 slots for people to join/leave there only was 2-3..

Here's a clip of a missed turn, because of the lag:
    https://allvirtualracing.com/index.p...n-multiplayer/