Thread: Did 1.2.0.0 Break the Server Browser Even More?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Did 1.2.0.0 Break the Server Browser Even More?

No, I'm not talking about there being less players online. I know very well it will take some time for everyone to update. What I am talking about is the server browser which is already the hands-down worst aspect of PCARS 2 Multiplayer. The 1.2.0.0 patch notes indicated this; "Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.".

What I am talking about specifically, is working with dedicated servers. I have never in my life experienced these many issues just trying to connect to my own dedicated server. It's absolutely baffling.

I'm currently trying to set up a rallycross server for testing purposes. It starts just fine, no warnings and no errors. It shows up on the dedicated server list but it seems to be absolutely impossible to find in-game.

I've tried using both launch parameters for finding an empty dedicated server, but I just can't get it to work anymore. Before the patch, it worked after some struggle - now however, it seems to not work at all. No matter the filter settings, nothing.

I'm sorry if I come off as rude, but I am absolutely sick and tired of this. I want to continue working on my addon but this pathetic excuse of a server browser is the one and only thing getting in my way. This browser MUST get a massive overhaul. For the love of god let us just use direct connect via IP and port.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Wheel: Xbox 360 Controller
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Marc Wieneke

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    yeah when i wanted to use the dedicated server before the patch using the launch parameter it was anybodies guess if it actually wanted to work, it would go days without working, i gave up in the end and am not bothering with dedis or leagues for now
    Last edited by whip; 11-10-2017 at 15:28.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You probably need to update your dedicated server with the ~8KB patch. My hosted server wasn't showing in the list until I updated and restarted it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, Siberian Tiger

Platform
    PC
    Yes. When SMS does an update, they increase their "protocol" version which means anyone not on the same version won't be able to connect/see.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Henrique Clausing, Roger Prynne, Siberian Tiger

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Agreed - dedi servers are very important for being central areas always on for players to meet up when they get online. Essential for clubs. Got ours working but with workarounds. I was expecting a new dedi for PC2 but seems we just got a hacked PC1 dedi.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Agreed - dedi servers are very important for being central areas always on for players to meet up when they get online. Essential for clubs. Got ours working but with workarounds. I was expecting a new dedi for PC2 but seems we just got a hacked PC1 dedi.
    with same bugs (and some more) and a new interface which change some settings and something else no.

a proper server management is the way to have happy leagues. (and a long term fan base)
    my english is horrible, sorry! STEAM PROFILE // my DIY RIG // Baseline Wheel FFB Values
    Mainboard: Rampage IV Extreme //Cpu: i7-3930k @4200 //Psu: Corsair RM750i //Ram: 4x Corsair 4GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 //Vga: Asus Strix Gtx970
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300 GTE + Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 + TH8A (h-shifter) + TH8RS (sequential) + Fanatec Handbrake

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I had already run the Steam Update for my dedicated server, I did that while my game was updating. I'm now able to find it if I use the searchds launch parameter, if I switch to autods - I can't see it. Coincidence or not, I don't know.

Either way, dedicated server support is horrendous and I think the fact that all dedicated servers on the official list 95% of the time being empty speaks for itself. Hopefully they'll realize that this has a huge impact on the longevity of the game and actually put some effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsKnight View Post
    a proper server management is the way to have happy leagues. (and a long term fan base)
    Exactly.

Which is why I started working on this addon of mine, so people will have a set of dedicated servers they can jump into. Knowing it'll be the class(es) they prefer, but with a variety of maps instead of the 3 most popular over and over and over again.

But this is all for nothing when the server browser does nothing to help dedicated servers get populated but everything to keep them as desolate as a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
    Last edited by Dealman; 11-10-2017 at 15:37.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Wheel: Xbox 360 Controller
    The following user likes this Post: DreamsKnight

Platform
    PC
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to press "update" on the server browser 100 times to find your dedicated server.
    The following user likes this Post: Dalhil