Thread: Couple of stock car questions...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Couple of stock car questions...

I thought I'd try the Ford Fusion at Daytona and am having trouble understanding what I should be doing here. Don't really know much about NASCAR other than seeing a couple of races on telly so some advice would be appreciated:

1. Should I just be keeping the throttle pinned to the floor the whole time? There seems to be one corner at Daytona which needs some proper turn in, so should I just floor the throttle and turn hard or ease up on the throttle and turn as little as I can get away with?

2. What should I be aiming to do to achieve fast lap times? I've had a few laps that felt good in terms of smoothness but I was still almost a second off the pace.

3. A couple of times I have overheated the engine before the end of lap 1. No idea why as I didn't do anything different to the times it doesn't get overheated. Just wondered if there's some bug around this perhaps?

4. Any particular advice on what to tweak for more speed on the setup? I'm scared of touching it because it's not symmetrical so I don't want to ruin the balance.

Thanks for any help.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit X View Post
    I thought I'd try the Ford Fusion at Daytona and am having trouble understanding what I should be doing here. Don't really know much about NASCAR other than seeing a couple of races on telly so some advice would be appreciated:

1. Should I just be keeping the throttle pinned to the floor the whole time? There seems to be one corner at Daytona which needs some proper turn in, so should I just floor the throttle and turn hard or ease up on the throttle and turn as little as I can get away with?

2. What should I be aiming to do to achieve fast lap times? I've had a few laps that felt good in terms of smoothness but I was still almost a second off the pace.

3. A couple of times I have overheated the engine before the end of lap 1. No idea why as I didn't do anything different to the times it doesn't get overheated. Just wondered if there's some bug around this perhaps?

4. Any particular advice on what to tweak for more speed on the setup? I'm scared of touching it because it's not symmetrical so I don't want to ruin the balance.

Thanks for any help.
    YES AT DAYTONA KEEP THE FOOT TO THE FLOOR MAN! lol sireously in nascar the drivers NEVER lift off the gas unless there is a wreck. if they need some one to catch up to them to give them a push they do what is called trail braking where you keep your foot on the gas and tap the brake

to get fast laps stay on the bottom at daytona all the way around if you have to it can bee done

you want to go faster keep the grill taped up as much as you can
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.