Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kart career frustration

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    From my experience that kart handling is pretty close.
    They are a lot of fun to drive once you understnd how they work.
    These handle pretty close to the Sprint Karts I've raced with.

Yes the wheel is extemely direct and you must learn how to use accelerator and brake together, to compensate for the understeer, when you are powering into a corner.
    Just throw them around thats how they like to be driven!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    My experience with patch 3.01 so far: Karts driving experience hugely improved, BUT:
    - "Schwerer Schaden" (severe damage) shown from the beginning of the race
    - no damage, no matter what I do! (yes, damage is enabled in the options)
    I hope, I don't have to wait weeks like before these newly introduced bugs are fixed.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have been racing all my life I'm glad they made karts so hard I hope it translates to me being a better driver on the track I have won my 1st kart championship I wont stop untill I advance. I bought this game for my nephews to get to know the characteristics of a kart before they get out there in a real one its kindof harder in my sim rig because I cant feel the g's when breaking but it teaches you other ways so that's great

Platform
    PC
    I think you could better buy a Kart game. See link.

https://kartkraftgame.com/
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I found this thread as I was really struggling with race two of the UK Championship at Summerton.

I have played more than 60 hours of Project Cars 1 and found the go-karting particularly fun and enjoyable, so was a bit surprised when I was suddenly massively struggling at the early go-kart races in Project Cars 2. I'm playing with the HTC Vive and G29 wheel/pedals/shifter.

It took me about 8 attempts of the race to finally win, which took me about an hour. I thought I would share tips on winning....

-The opponents all rev their karts at the start, and I wasn't sure exactly how to actually do this at first without making the kart move forward with my setup, for some reason holding down the clutch didn't actually work. So, I made sure to keep the kart out of gear with the shifter until the green light at which point I put it in 1st gear. As long as I did this I could end up at least 3rd after the first corner.

-You have to be extremely gentle with the steering otherwise you will spin the car. Taking the best possible line so keeping the car as straight as possible at all times helps (duh).

-As with a real go-kart it is extremely important to keep the revs up on the kart. I even tried Ayrton Senna's technique of stamping on the accelerator while cornering to keep the revs high, I had mixed success with this, but the point is, keep listening to the engine and be mindful of keeping the revs high.

-Practice, practice, practice. I felt the race seemed impossible at first, I was spinning all over the place. But eventually I got the hang of it and also started taking the best line on the circuit and understanding where I could go full throttle, when to brake and which corners I needed to ease off etc etc.

In terms of realism of the karts, it was quite a long time ago that I went go-karting and both of the previous times it was extremely wet so everyone was spinning all over the place. I do remember though that when accelerating around a big corner the karts did have quite significant grip, which just doesn't seem to be the case in this game. Spinning the karts usually happened when braking too hard and not being in a completely straight line. Once you get on the accelerator I found there to be a lot of rear grip and don't remember struggling anywhere near as much as in Project Cars 2.

Someone has pointed out that these karts may be more powerful than your typical turn up and drive go-karts - but the speed of the karts in game doesn't seem any faster than what you would do at a mid-sized go-kart track. Last time I was karting was at Rye house go-kart track which was Lewis Hamilton's regular track. The karts are 160cc Twin Engine EVO Karts, so definitely more than your little 9hp karts you get at some places.