Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [Investigating] No more Tire Wear after Patch 2.0

Platform
    PS4
    For those of you who are complaining about tyre wear being slow when set to authentic, especially with GTE cars: have you ever watched a 24h Le Mans race? Have you noticed, how often these cars (GTE, LMP2, LMP1) change tyres? IIRC (feel free to correct me) LMP1 car changes tyres every fourth-fifth pitstop and makes a pitstop after 13 laps. That means a LMP1 car makes 700-900 km on one set of tyres. I think it'll be similar for GTE cars. That's like 160 laps on a 5 km track. ;-)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Alex1996, GenBrien, Roger Prynne, Siberian Tiger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Most of us will never compete in a race that is over 160 laps to wear down a set of tyres on authentic setting. We need a wear rate that can be set to give us many options like pc1 so that even over a short race of say 10 laps the tyres wear to the point of requiring change. If this is not an option we may as well have no tyre wear.
    The following user likes this Post: SLAPE

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtryder View Post
    Most of us will never compete in a race that is over 160 laps to wear down a set of tyres on authentic setting. We need a wear rate that can be set to give us many options like pc1 so that even over a short race of say 10 laps the tyres wear to the point of requiring change. If this is not an option we may as well have no tyre wear.
    I think there is some option to accelerate tyre wear. ;-)
    For me, I am so glad for such realistic tyre wear as too fast tyre wear was soooo stupid in Gran Turismo 6. I so hated it! On Nürburgring 24h tyres lasted only 3 laps. How stupid is that? In qualy, you must drive 25 km in-lap, then you have one shot and one shot only for the fast lap and third lap is an out-lap as you have to change tyres. So frustrating. So as for me - I love realistic tyre wear in Project CARS. ;-)

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
    For those of you who are complaining about tyre wear being slow when set to authentic, especially with GTE cars: have you ever watched a 24h Le Mans race? Have you noticed, how often these cars (GTE, LMP2, LMP1) change tyres? IIRC (feel free to correct me) LMP1 car changes tyres every fourth-fifth pitstop and makes a pitstop after 13 laps. That means a LMP1 car makes 700-900 km on one set of tyres. I think it'll be similar for GTE cars. That's like 160 laps on a 5 km track. ;-)
    Fair enough ..but what about those that like to have tyre wear on accelarated?...I do..I like the stratagy of having to pit ..I dont do long races , so would be nice to have it scaled accordingly.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    We need more options for faster fuel burn rate as well please.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
    I think there is some option to accelerate tyre wear. ;-)
    For me, I am so glad for such realistic tyre wear as too fast tyre wear was soooo stupid in Gran Turismo 6. I so hated it! On Nürburgring 24h tyres lasted only 3 laps. How stupid is that? In qualy, you must drive 25 km in-lap, then you have one shot and one shot only for the fast lap and third lap is an out-lap as you have to change tyres. So frustrating. So as for me - I love realistic tyre wear in Project CARS. ;-)
    Actually I don’t know how fast is tyre wearing for GTE or LMP cars, but now it’s different from how we were used, so I think that people is wondering if it’s a bug or a feature, because nobody said anything about it. Maybe now the old “authentic” is the new “accelerated”, but I still have to try.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtryder View Post
    This.
    This would be greatly received by many I would have thought. And maybe the same sort of format for fuel usage.
    The following user likes this Post: Dirtryder

Platform
    PC
    Since this issue is/was present on all platforms, could any of the PC users confirm tire wear is once again a factor to consider during longer races after patch 3?
    The following user likes this Post: Alex1996

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I’m hoping so as well. That or an option for career races to be past the point of needing a change.