Thread: You can bump start cars in PC2

Platform
    PC

You can bump start cars in PC2

Last night I had one of those amazing races where you are just 100% immersed in the whole experience. I did a three lap race at Nordschleife in the Aston Martin DBR1-300 in VR, AI in DBR1s too. Boy, I was right there in 1960, PC2 time travel simulator FTW. So, after setting the AI suitably slow enough for me, and battling my way to the front over a couple of laps, I pulled off the track, turned off the igniton and waited in silence just to watch the rest of the field go by; they looked and sounded gorgeous as they came speeding past.

After they had gone, I just sat there in silence for a few seconds and thought I'd try something, so I switched the ignition back on, let the car roll down the hill, slipped it into third gear came back off the clutch and bingo, engine fires into life, perfect bump start. Now that, is cool.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    You could do that in pcars1 already if I'm not mistaken!
    WIPSystem: Intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz; Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb DDr3 1866mhz; Crucial M4 128gb; Asus ROG Z87 Maximus VI Hero; Asus DirectCUII GTX 580; Win 7 Ultimate x64, G25
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Hehe, this is cool.

I noticed that as well! You can also stall the engine if you stay in gear and block all 4 tires due to heavy braking. But as you release the brakes, the wheels start gripping again and then the engine gets "push started" :P

Nice to see this in PCars 2. First game I noticed this was Dirt Rallye, because I'm driving with realistic clutch because I love the manic dance your feet are performing while controlling a group b rallye car. And when I am braking while driving up a crest, sometimes I am still too fast, the car lifts off the gravel and then I immediately block the tires because I'm still on the brakes. The engine is gone. Then I release the brake mid air, the car lands, the tires regain grip and start the engine. Also nice is that while the engine is off during the landing, the tires still block a little bit because they are hard to spin during the "push start". After 1 meter the engine runs again and you can go on.

I love these little details.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTopsy View Post
    I think you are right, I posted this more for our newer friends, it's nice to share those tiny details. Sometimes you come away from a race with that 'wow, did all that just happen' face on. I'm finding more and more of these moments in PC2 when I'm just transported to another world.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: RacingTopsy

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It's nice to see some positive threads now and then
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, Marlborofranz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    It's nice to see some positive threads now and then
    Haha, indeed. Though I had to release some preassure looking at the dedicated servers in another thread.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingTopsy View Post
    You sure could.

Even better with the Toyota TS040 you can do the pit method they use.

Get it going on the KERS/Battery, then fire the engine.
    Project CARS: Manager Tier

PC: 3.4Ghz Intel i5 3570k (Overclocked to 4.3Ghz), Corsair H80 CPU cooler, AsRock Z77 Extreme6, EVGA 780Ti 3GB SC with ACX cooler, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, Corsair C70 Case, Corsair AX760i PSU, Samsung 128gb SSD (Boot Drive), Samsung 1TB SSD (Some Games), 3TB 7200RPM HDD (Games and Storage).

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 24" S24B350H Monitors, Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard, Corsair M65 Mouse, Elgato HD60 Pro.

Wheel: Logitech G25 FFB: RAW | GAIN: 100 | VOLUME: 25 | TONE: 50 | FX:0
    Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 Driver: v261 | Firmware: v1.30

Graphic Settings Single Player: Resolution: 1920x1080 59HZ, Windowed: No, Texture Resolution: High, Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16x, V-Sync: No, MSAA: Off, Post AA: FXAA Medium, Super Sampling: Medium, Reflections: High, Environment Map: High, Car Detail: High, Track Detail: High, Pit Crew Detail: All, Shadow Detail: High, Enhanced Mirror: Yes, Motion Blur: Off, Render Frames Ahead: 1, Detailed Grass: Low, Particle Level: High, Particle Density: Ultra.

Graphic Settings Multiplayer: Resolution: 1920x1080 59HZ, Windowed: No, Texture Resolution: High, Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16x, V-Sync: No, MSAA: Off, Post AA: FXAA Low, Super Sampling: Off, Reflections: High, Environment Map: High, Car Detail: High, Track Detail: High, Pit Crew Detail: All, Shadow Detail: High, Enhanced Mirror: Yes, Motion Blur: Off, Render Frames Ahead: 1, Detailed Grass: Low, Particle Level: High, Particle Density: High.

The following user likes this Post: hkraft300