Thread: Question about LiveTrack 3.0

Platform
    PC

Question Question about LiveTrack 3.0

Hey there,

some questions that came to my mind. There are a few features of LiveTrack I really really appreciate, but I haven't really had a chance to spot them.

1. The rain clouds now have some kind of "geometry" so it doesn't always rain the same amount all over the race track. Is it also possible that a part of the track is wet and another part almost dry? I thought so, but never noticed this yet. (However I noticed that with Light/Medium cloudy weather you can actually see the shadows of the clouds move on the race track if you stand still)

2. Rubber build up on the racing line. Is this visible for the player? E. g. racing line becoming darker as the race goes on?

3. Rubber build up - is it being applied where the car actually drive? Lets say 20 people drive the same wrong racing line, will the wrong racing line rubber in?

4. Marbles - I know they exist, but as far as I can tell the marbles are static. When I start a quick race, I got plenty of marbles on track, but it doesn't seem to get more over time? Can I see how dirty the track really became?

5. In a debugging video of the Track dynamics I saw that also each chunk of track stores information about how dirty it is (dirt and gravel). Is this affected when someone goes into the gravel and gets back to track?

6. Afaik the track will be heated up underneath the tires of the cars as you drive and thus the racing line dries quicker after rain. Is this taking into account where the players actually drive? Or just where the theoretical racing line is?

Because while I saw lots of videos about Live Track 3.0 and it's features, I didn't really see it happening while being in game. This makes me curious...
    Last edited by Marlborofranz; 12-10-2017 at 11:36.

1 : Yes. On light rain, clouds aren't big enough to cover the whole track. It should rain only under those clouds.
    2-3 : Rubber build up should be visible and it is "drawn" exactly where the car is running.
    4 : Can't say about that.
    5 : Every chunk is getting dynamic amount of grip, dirt, mud and every kind of loose materials depending of cars running over them. Each chunk also store the temperature of the track, the amount of sun boost caused by the inclination of this part. As well as wet density and depth of puddle ( if there is ).
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: Marlborofranz

Quote Originally Posted by Marlborofranz View Post
    5. In a debugging video of the Track dynamics I saw that also each chunk of track stores information about how dirty it is (dirt and gravel). Is this affected when someone goes into the gravel and gets back to track?
    Yes, but IIRC the visualization part of it isn't in (yet) because of performance optimization. But I'll need to check that.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Marlborofranz, TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    6. The drying line will appear where the cars are actually driving. It's not "scripted" to appear on the racing line.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Krus Control, Marlborofranz

Platform
    PC
    Awesome, thank you! Almost a little "fetish" I got there. :P I really love to see what actually happens to the track and the car. I mean knowing that the track is living and changing based on what happens on it. But seeing the cars influencing the track and vice versa is even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlborofranz View Post
    Awesome, thank you! Almost a little "fetish" I got there. :P I really love to see what actually happens to the track and the car. I mean knowing that the track is living and changing based on what happens on it. But seeing the cars influencing the track and vice versa is even better!
    IIRC there was a tech video showing how the track gets heated up locally by the tyres through a sort of heat camera view, which in turn results in the track drying up faster on those locations.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    6. The drying line will appear where the cars are actually driving. It's not "scripted" to appear on the racing line.
    I just did the majority of a 44-lap race at Spa in the Formula A against 21 AI, with real time weather progression and two weather slots (rain> hazy).

At ~lap15ish, a dry line started to form, by ~lap22, you could pit for soft slicks and have better pace on the dry line.

... I went off the dry line on the off-camber right in sector 2 before Pouhon, after the sharp ~180 and binned it on ~lap25!
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z
    The following user likes this Post: Greg Redd

Platform
    PC
    Regarding 5. I think that it is in as I saw gravel spots on parts of the track where they don't belong. So yes, your car carries dirt or gravel onto the track if you drive through it before. The chunks are saving it and it will affect other players/cars accordingly.

Also, regarding the drying line: the car's aero forces and temperatures also have an effect on the drying, so that you get not only the wheel tracks drying, but also the space inbetween.

Livetrack is really pretty awesome.

CPU Intel Core i5-7600 | Motherboard MSI H270 PC Mate | RAM 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960OC 4096 MB - Driver current | Audio ASUS Xonar DGX/Logitech Z-506 | OS Windows 10 PRO 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G25, TH8A Shifter, Logitech Wingman Joystick as handbrake| Monitor Toshiba 37" TV FullHD
    In-game settings: Mode DX11 | Resolution 1920x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync OFF | AA OFF | FXAA OFF | SMAA ULTRA | Reflections MEDIUM | EnvMapQuality MEDIUM | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur MEDIUM | Render Frames 1 | Grass MEDIUM | Particle Level HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Stretched Headlight Reflections ON
    The following user likes this Post: derkanzler

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    IIRC there was a tech video showing how the track gets heated up locally by the tyres through a sort of heat camera view, which in turn results in the track drying up faster on those locations.

You'll have to excuse the AI in this video as it was in early Dev.

00:00 - Back to Brands Hatch Indy, the sun is setting and the track temperature is 23.4c, the race has just started and the 20 cars drive off - we are sitting on the first corner waiting for the racing pack to drive through. The track is a bluish green reflecting the cooler track surface.
    00:11 - The first cars are taking the corner and already we are seeing some yellow streaks
    00:16 - The pack has passed the first corner and there's plenty of activity and temperature rises on the track from the heavily braking and skidding cars taking a difficult corner
    00:20 - Notice that the corner is already starting to cool and the temperatures spread further from where the cars drove as the temperature dissipates
    00:47 - The corner continues to cool and there's no longer any yellow areas, only green, but its still possible to see where the cars drove
    00:48 - Lap 2 for the cars and the track starts to warm up even more from the cars
    00:52 - Red is now beginning to be seem on the surface as areas of the track get even hotter
    00:58 - The corner is at its hottest, it'll start cooling now over time as the cars drive the rest of the lap, watch the heat dissipate
    01:22 - Lap 3 and the track hasn't cooled below yellow this time as the leader of the pack takes the first corner
    01:26 - I've never seen this before or since; a car slides losing control and the rest of the AI pile into him - watch as the red streaks of temperature litter the track as the AI desperately try to avoid the cars in their way
    01:33 - The AI start to leave the scene of the crash but they've left a lot of evidence of an incident in the form of heat on the track surface
    01:39 - That extra heat is already dissipating across the rest of the track
    01:53 - I move the picker slowly across the track surface. It starts at 23.4c but as we get closer to the hotter parts, the track is warmer even though no cars drove over it
    02:04 - As we hover over the hotter parts of the track, we can see its temperature reducing over time
    02:21 - I pick a point very close to the hot parts of the track, its currently 31.3c and drops to 31.2c within a few seconds but at 02:34 it starts to rise in temperature as its neighbours dissipate heat to it before starting to cool again at 02:47
    03:12 - A flyby of the entire tracks surface
    04:19 - The braking zone for the first corner, this is where we are seeing the most heat generated
    04:27 - Notice that the picker is several metres off of the main driving track but its still showing 23.5c
    04:52 - I freecam to an area of the track where there's no braking or skidding areas and move laterally across the track to show there's a very small rise of temperature peaking at 25.2c so the tyres are radiating a small amount of heat even when not skidding or braking
    05:13 - Drone view over the tracks surface for 1 lap
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 12-10-2017 at 12:53.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Marlborofranz