Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What exactly does MS look at with patch?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    I'm guessing they've streamlined the approval process, I can't imagine them eliminating it altogether. Still, if that's the case, I'd definitely like to know why we're still here waiting, some 24 hours after other platforms have received their patches. Frustrating for sure.
    Conspiracy theory answer: Because Microsoft has a competing product released around the same time and by delaying a patch for PC2 can maybe induce more fence-sitters (i said fence, not face) to buy their product and not PC2.

Ancient Aliens theory answer: We are waiting for the inter-dimentional portal to open in the Mapimí Silent Zone in Mexico and our alien overlords to come back and approve the patch. I mean, why else would there be a total loss of radio signals out in the middle of a desert?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I had a update that change my nature home screen/ dash and included a controller update

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Pavion View Post
    So we all know that any patches have to be submitted to Microsoft for approval, and we all kbow Microsoft usually takes forever. But i was wondering...what are they looking for or at with each patch thats submitted?
    Stability and TCR's mainly. We have a huge list of 'best required practice' we need to adhere to as dictated by the manufacturers. Things like loading times limited to x seconds max, with animation showing that the loading is actually happening. No black/blank screens for more than x milliseconds etc. Things like that.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: dozer76, Goooner1, kwint1, Roushman624, tarbat, transfix

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Methadone Man View Post
    Conspiracy theory answer: Because Microsoft has a competing product released around the same time and by delaying a patch for PC2 can maybe induce more fence-sitters (i said fence, not face) to buy their product and not PC2.

Ancient Aliens theory answer: We are waiting for the inter-dimentional portal to open in the Mapimí Silent Zone in Mexico and our alien overlords to come back and approve the patch. I mean, why else would there be a total loss of radio signals out in the middle of a desert?
    on the Microsoft conspiracy,if we are waiting for a patch then that means we have already bought the game.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Microsoft I would love to be enjoying this patch...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Stability and TCR's mainly. We have a huge list of 'best required practice' we need to adhere to as dictated by the manufacturers. Things like loading times limited to x seconds max, with animation showing that the loading is actually happening. No black/blank screens for more than x milliseconds etc. Things like that.
    See now thats what i like to hear actually. As a life long lover of games, im glad there is quality control like this built in for all game developers.

Doesnt make me any more patient though...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yep, there's nothing worse than staring at a blank screen for what seems like forever, wondering if it's actually doing something or has crashed.

Platform
    XBOX1
    So I take it the game didn't receive any vigorous testing by Microsoft as I've starred at a blank screen for a while trying to join a lobby
    XBOX One S - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/925249157549619/

We're here for a good time not a long time