Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What exactly does MS look at with patch?

Platform
    XBOX1

What exactly does MS look at with patch?

So we all know that any patches have to be submitted to Microsoft for approval, and we all kbow Microsoft usually takes forever. But i was wondering...what are they looking for or at with each patch thats submitted?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd like to know the answer to this also. I was told that they look for anything that could cause the console any issues whether that be software related issues or hardware or even security issues. Is it a case of Microsoft are a little more clued up and test more in depth or are they arrogant and make developers wait until Microsoft are ready to release.
    XBOX One S - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://www.facebook.com/groups/925249157549619/

We're here for a good time not a long time

Platform
    XBOX1
    MS have said on the Microsoft Developers Day that developers DONT have to go through the approval process anymore. In case the game is distributed through the Microsoft Store!!
    A huge improvement for the future.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That makes sense, F1 2017 had three patches out pretty quickly, there certainly wasn't any indication of a delay between the X box patches and any other system, in previous years, it's taken a lot longer for the F1 games to be patched.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm guessing they've streamlined the approval process, I can't imagine them eliminating it altogether. Still, if that's the case, I'd definitely like to know why we're still here waiting, some 24 hours after other platforms have received their patches. Frustrating for sure.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    I'm guessing they've streamlined the approval process, I can't imagine them eliminating it altogether. Still, if that's the case, I'd definitely like to know why we're still here waiting, some 24 hours after other platforms have received their patches. Frustrating for sure.
    It is for all of us mate, but it was submitted at the same time as the others.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Arenít Xbox rolling out the new dashboard to the beta tester insiders right about now? Maybe thatís the reason for the delay?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its not delayed, it just takes time to go through the certification process. It will be out when its given the all clear. Got nothing to do with the preview beta.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't mind the quality control that much. In fact I was just watching a documentary the other day about the early days of the gaming industry and how the lack of any sort of standards placed on game companies really watered down the market with VERY crappy games back in the 70's and almost buried the whole industry....at least until Nintendo came along and saved it for all of us. So I am glad they have some sort of process in place to makes sure things are up to snuff nowadays.

I was just more curious what that process was as I really have no clue other than it "has to be approved" first.

Platform
    XBOX1
    There is no Alpha build today and would have no effect on when a patch is released.
    AKA Joseph Gossen
    Console - Xbox One (soon to be X) / MacBook Pro TouchBar - CPU: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7; RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz; GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 455 2GB; O.S.: Mac OS+Boot Camp Windows 10 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2,CSLE WB + UXH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, | Rig: RSEAT RS1