Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Push´ed off the track and losing points???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Get Push´ed off the track and losing points???

Why is´t so??

I keep losing my ranking because of this?? I was F1402 and after 3 races i am U1288..

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GambitTheDane View Post
    Why is´t so??

I keep losing my ranking because of this?? I was F1402 and after 3 races i am U1288..
    Sadly is very hard (if not impossible) to determine who was guilty on a crash within a multiplayer session. Normally what I personally do is to avoid every contact even if that means loosing quite a bit of time. A driver who's trying to purposely take me out of a race, is a driver that eventually will be slower than me and I'll overtake him back.

I've lost a lots of points due to crashes from external parties, but that's just how is it on every online racing game that has a ranking.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    also should note that the safety and skill rating are seperate. Going off of track will not make you lose a lot of safety rating, so there has to be other issues at hand.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Believe me when I tell you that I am trying to avoid any idiot on the track and I gladly lose places to avoid crashes. But when u are hit form behind because they don't use there breaks I am doomed ����

It's just getting on my nerves that I can't get a better ranking because other drivers are playing like they are sitting on needles and think they can win the race in the first lap.

Platform
    PC
    I understand, but I'm assuming the logic of detecting who was in fault for a crash, is waayyyy too complex for accuracy and computing. I do too avoid ANY contact and I still get hit quite frequently. My ranking plumbed a whole letter today due to 3 crashes in a race from 3rd to 7th and none were my fault. But I kept racing until I found a clean group and have 3 awesome races (1st, 2nd and 3rd funny enough) where I beat a few As Bs and Cs and now I'm ranked back at "E" (Sucky ranking but I don't have time to play!) ...

I know that in the future it will only get better since I should get better/cleaner racers in my races.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    The famous and basic system of iRacing it works the same way. I think that it would be very-very difficult (maybe impossible) to programming a system what intelligently recognize the responsibility of an incident. Many times we, peoples do not see clear or correctly some situations...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Gambit, my suggestion to you is if you do not pole in the top 3-5 (depending on how comfortable you are) I would just fall to the back of the pack and let everyone else take corner 1 and 2 without you involved. Stay back and watch them take turn 1, you will surely just pass everyone that wrecks. If you do not have a fast lap time you probably are not catching P1-3 unless they wreck any who.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    The system is stupid and does not encourage fighting for the first positions but driving like a grandpa, all day 24/7 fearing to demote the letter tag. I'm no longer taking the ranking seriously. It's obviously designed to encourage racing on leagues and friends who know their shit and won't ram you from behind and/or the sides. On the downside, It becomes a killer on public lobbies for both retards and good serious players that want to do things well and being respectful on the track.

Since replays can't be send to devs for then discern who actually was the responsible for the crash (the guy behind 99% of the times), like you can do in iRacing, then the obvious way to go was penalizing always the guy who tries to overtake. They though punishing the car in the front was a good idea too lol. Oh well

Platform
    PC
    I do not agree with your "system is stupid" comment at all and I do believe the system has a nice purpose.

From the races I was able to take online, I'm seeing a HUGE difference on the behavior of the other fellow racers. Even when I lapped some, they respected blue flags like I never see in PCARS1-online people doing. I've seen players trying to avoid crashing by all means in a much more define way than before.

I think ranking is getting some players to race online seriously and with sufficient time, when plenty of lobbies with high-only ranking limits are common, those rammers will have to either have a crash-derby o race cleanly.

The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, eracerhead

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've been through this since the beginning of iracing and for the people that always say the same old stupid comment that you can't distinguish who's at fault in a collision is ridiculous in most situations that are most frustrating, getting hit from behind from some moron behind you. If the front bumper makes contact, it's that persons fault, period. Will not be 100% perfect, but a lot better than both drivers getting nailed for the contact. That's in a situation with front end to rear end contact. If you're side by side, it should stay as it is currently because in that case you cannot tell who's at fault. And there would be more to this, not just the front bumper contact, as I realize others behind might get collected at no fault of their own. Once there's contact at a certain part of the track, after a second or two, further contact wouldn't be penalized as others might get collected. The main purpose here imo is to isolate the people that cause the problems, and the worst area of course is turn one on any track. Just my $.02.
    Last edited by ChivasRx; 13-10-2017 at 22:31.