Thread: Filter for rating on the multiplayer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation Filter for rating on the multiplayer

Did a post asking for this but I did it while also asking for other small improvements. I make the post this time only asking for this because It's probably the most important feature the rating system is asking. Can't understand how this is not implemented yet, as it will allow to find players with the same nature as yourself without spending 15 minutes searching for lobbies with the rating you are looking for.

I hope the team listens.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, fbiehne, fresquito, m00lean, takaii

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree this filter is missing and would be very helpful if it gets added, but on the other hand I can't see how you can spend 15 minutes to find the lobbies you are looking for. There is visual indication about the ranking in every entry in the server browser list..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I agree this filter is missing and would be very helpful if it gets added, but on the other hand I can't see how you can spend 15 minutes to find the lobbies you are looking for. There is visual indication about the ranking in every entry in the server browser list..
    It's an exageration, but I calculate that I take 5-10 minutes to search fo the lobbies with high rating in all the car classes (Go to filter, select one class, refresh, go to filter again, select another class and so on). It's very frustrating because when I have looked to all the car classes, maybe the lobby that I like the most is already gone.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, I understand. What I usually do when I'm not interested in a specific class only is to not use filters at all (except for the one that hides empty servers), so I can simply scroll trough the list an pick the server I like.

I agree the class filtering needs improving. I think the most important is to be able to select a class more easily, because now it is really hard doing it through 2 small arrows, trying to rotate around 20-30 classes to pick the one(s) you want. My idea is that clicking on the class filter should open a new window which would show all classes as tiled icons, the same ones that are displayed in the car info screen. This way, selecting a class will be just 2 clicks away. Ideally, this should allow multiple class selection, too.

Also when the sorting by number of players is fixed, I think this alone will be a major help on finding a good lobby to race.
    The following user likes this Post: m00lean

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    In PS4 you can only see 20 lobbies at a time, so to see all the availables lobbies you have to filter the lobbies by every track or car class.

I hope they improve the filtering system quick, because I think it's the main issue with the multiplayer and specially the rating filter as the rating system is one of the most important features in this game and that filter (or other ways to find users with the same rating as yourself, what you say would help too) would improve massively the ability to find users of the same nature as yourself.

Platform
    PS4
    I also agree with this I spend more time trying to find lobbies to play in then I do playing, also I think would be good idea if the browser didn't show lobbies with a higher rating then what you have as you cant join them anyway.

A couple of times I've refreshed the browser to see 12 lobbies I cant join (red) due to them being a higher license then myself and 8 lobbies that I can join (green), don't understand the logic behind showing lobbies you cant join
    PS4 Pro | LG 4k 50" TV | Thrustmaster T500 | TH8RS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I do see the point of being able to see higher rating lobbies in order to know what you will be able to join if you improve your rating or simply to know how many people are in the multiplayer. That could be solved with an option to hide lobbies that you can not join.

It all points to the same problem: filtering needs to be worked out.

Platform
    PS4
    The whole multiplayer search process one has to perform as a player is extremely tedious at the moment, because the UI is so terrible.

- There's no way to filter out already started races.
    - There's no way to filter by rating.
    - The time from qualifying to the actual race start feels annoyingly long, because the UI just states "Waiting" after qualifying and doesn't tell you what the game's waiting on.