Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G29 or T300 RS?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

G29 or T300 RS?

Hi all, I'm about to purchase a wheel for the first time and I'm looking at either a Logitech G29 or a Thrustmaster T300 RS. Have been reading lots of reviews but finding it hard to decide. Looking to hear people's opinions and experiences with these, as want to order asap and get racing! Also plan to use for Dirt Rally and other decent racers eventually, but mainly PC2 for now. TIA

Platform
    PC
    G29 every day of the week it has far more buttons to use as functions
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Lol T300 has far better ffb. I owned the G920 having come from a tx before and in my own very personal don't take it personally opinion, T300 wins hands down. If you want more buttons then..........
    The following user likes this Post: Don-09141955

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I prefer the feel of the t300 over the g29, but as I own a t300 that obviously adds some bias. But i am the first to admit that the g29 has far better pedals than the thrustmaster. I was one of those who felt logitech were a bit sly with the g29 as its basically just a g27 that works on a ps4. But at the same time the g27 was a good wheel.

Thrustmaster always get hit with the reliability comments too. Apparent quality control issues that hit a good few users. But equally there are more who dont have any concerns at all about theirs.

Pricewise the g29 wins all day long, the tm300 needs a decent pedal set to make things good.
    Grandstand/Atari VCS/zx81/ZX Spectrum 48k/CBM 64/Atari STfm/CBM Amiga/Sega master system/Sega Genesis/Sega32x/Sega Saturn/SegaDreamcast/Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64/Sony PSX/Playstation 2/Playstation 3/Playstation 4/xbox/Xbox360/Lots of pc's/Plus Lots of portable gaming stuff/dfgt/thrustmaster t300rs with pro pedals and th8a.

Platform
    PC
    this is a no-brainer... T300 every time. G29 has inferior FFB gear-driven system while T300 has the more advanced belt-driven FFB. Also swappable rims and TH8A shifter for the T300. Thrustmaster has a better ecosystem across their wheels.

But I would consider the T300 GTE (with a Ferrari GTE replica wheel without the PS4 branded buttons).

I think you can also buy it with an alternative set of pedals now which includes a clutch pedal.
    The following user likes this Post: Don-09141955

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I use t300 with my old g25 pedals happy days!

Platform
    PC
    I've had both and you wouldn't be disappointed with either one. I chose to keep the G29 but it was a very close decision. FFB is just different, I wouldn't say better on one or the other. G29 is quite a bit cheaper if you account for the better pedals you will end up buying for the T300. A lot of people will say T300>G29 but I had them both at the same time and it's not so clear cut imo.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    you can say the buttons dont matter all day long but when you see how many functions you have on the game having as many on the wheel within fingers reach is a godsend
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: Shogun613

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree with John^

I have both. Both have pros and cons but I find the Thrustmaster force feedback better for Project Cars 2 and Dirt. As mentioned the pedals on the T300Rs are not the best (compared with the G29). I have also had connection issues on my G29.
    If budget is not an issue I would go for the Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara Edition. If you are wanting to be a little budget conscious, the G29 may be a better option.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, TylerDurden4321

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    I agree with John^

I have both. Both have pros and cons but I find the Thrustmaster force feedback better for Project Cars 2 and Dirt. As mentioned the pedals on the T300Rs are not the best (compared with the G29). I have also had connection issues on my G29.
    If budget is not an issue I would go for the Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara Edition. If you are wanting to be a little budget conscious, the G29 may be a better option.
    iv never had connection issues with my g29. what connection issues have you had