Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VR and glasses

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i wear my glasses under my oculus when i don't have contacts in, no problems other than its annoying to take it on and off.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
    i wear my glasses under my oculus when i don't have contacts in, no problems other than its annoying to take it on and off.
    When I tried it, my glasses were right up against my eyeballs lol but I have a big head which doesn't help
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
    I've tried many times, my glasses are on the small side too, but the oculus smashes them into my face, after about 15 minutes the bridge of my nose can't take it anymore. I can't see how any size glasses would be comfortable in there.
    Asus Rog strix gtx 1070 / i5 6600k @4.2 / 16gb ram.
    Fanatec csw base v2 / porsche 918 rs wheel / clubsport pedals v3. Openwheeler racing seat. Oculus rift.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FuriousDemon, jimortality

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I wear my glasses (-3.0 both eyes) when I use Oculus CV1 ... absolut no problems, all fine

I don't know how other players can use a VR with -2,75 and no glasses, if I take my glasses off I can't see anything at the VR ... it's the same "picture" like I take my glasses off at real life

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomy View Post
    I've tried many times, my glasses are on the small side too, but the oculus smashes them into my face, after about 15 minutes the bridge of my nose can't take it anymore. I can't see how any size glasses would be comfortable in there.
    This is me as well!
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by elMO-le View Post
    I wear my glasses (-3.0 both eyes) when I use Oculus CV1 ... absolut no problems, all fine

I don't know how other players can use a VR with -2,75 and no glasses, if I take my glasses off I can't see anything at the VR ... it's the same "picture" like I take my glasses off at real life
    I think the focal distance of the Vive is shorter. Like around 70cm's or less. So that's within viewing range for me. At least at that resolution. I actually wish it was a bit further, because that would solve the screendoor effect a bit(by effectively blurring it).
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I have -2.75 for both eyes and can run my Vive without glasses, no problem. In fact I can still see the screendoor-effect. It's not that much different than running them with my glasses. If you're using glasses you can adjust the distance of the lenses(and screen) with the two 'dials' on the side. Pull them outward and you can rotate them to increase the distance. This will however reduce your FOV a bit.
    I agree with this, I have pretty weird vision, I am far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other, but, I found my glasses to be annoying as they would touch my face sometimes and get smeared so I started using the Vive without my glasses and it seems to work just fine that way. You should try that and see if that can work for you.
    PC
    i5-6600K/32GB DDR4 3200/NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE/1 x TB SSD/2 x 500GB SSD
    SimuCUBE based OSW kit MiGE 130ST-M10010 20Nm 10000ppr (40000cpr) / OMP Superquadro panel w/ SLI - Pololo Instruments / HPP 3P-PRX-SE Pedals / Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 / 4play racing 8020 racing chassis with Race Seat.

Platform
    PC
    Check signature, VR Cover. If you still want to use glasses.
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    The following user likes this Post: jimortality

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just ordered a rift and normally wear glasses but also have contacts. Guess I will be wearing them more often seeing that the lens option won't apply to me because me and my roommate will both be using it in all of our spare time when it arrives

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    VR Cover has an extended face plate works good plus i cut the foam for my frames to relieve some pressure

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	242839

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	242840
    The following user likes this Post: jimortality