Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: VR and glasses

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ChivasRx View Post
    For a while I dismissed VR because of glasses but really want to try it out. I have glasses for computer use only, using my prescription for ~36 inches. I don't even think those would work for VR as I've seen the focal distance of these VR units is about two meters. What do you guys think? I have small wire frames. I'm going to the Microsoft store to check out some of the MR headsets later this week, and see if any have the room for small frames to get in them. I hear the Samsung Odyssey may be a solution as several glass wearers say there's plenty of room. We'll see.
    I'd say the focal distance of the Vive is way shorter than 2 meters. I'd even say within a meter.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    You see I'm shyort sighted meaning I struggle to see thing at distance so I don't think I need my glasses for gaming. I've just raced for an hour without them so maybe I could get away without
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Platform
    PC
    I'm farsighted and need cheaters for reading. Is that going to cause me a problem with VR?
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I'm farsighted and need cheaters for reading. Is that going to cause me a problem with VR?
    It shouldn't, but it's depends on distance of the object in VR for how bad you need them cheaters. I'm nearsighted with 20/20 from 12-18 inches. So, that means using my glasses in VR.
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    I'm 52, I'm short-sighted AND far sighted, and I use my oculus with the WidmoVR prescription lenses : it's just perfect for me, though I have a strong correction (-5 and -6). It's far more comfortable than with glasses on. And I ordered a replacement facial interface from VRcover. When my friends come home, I don't have to remove them for my friends and put them back when I use the headset, it's really great !

Platform
    PC
    I have Presbyopia = everything closer then ~40 cm from my eyes is just a blur. Never needed or used glasses, as my sight is perfect on any other distance. The Rift worked wonders, not only does it work, it virtually let me see things close up again.

So it actually also became a close sight simulator for me.
    CPU i7-6700K ~4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED),
    Wheel Logitech G27+Wheelstand Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1. (I'm currently busy being a Samurai or a Sniper)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmachine View Post
    I have Presbyopia = everything closer then ~40 cm from my eyes is just a blur. Never needed or used glasses, as my sight is perfect on any other distance. The Rift worked wonders, not only does it work, it virtually let me see things close up again.

So it actually also became a close sight simulator for me.
    This actually is what I have too. I had perfect vision all my life until I hit 50. Then things up close started to be hard to read. So I started using reading glasses for anything closer than arm's length. (It was either that or get longer arms.) Therefore, if the Rift works for you, it should work for me too. Thanks very much!
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Pigmachine

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    This actually is what I have too. I had perfect vision all my life until I hit 50. Then things up close started to be hard to read. So I started using reading glasses for anything closer than arm's length. (It was either that or get longer arms.) Therefore, if the Rift works for you, it should work for me too. Thanks very much!
    What about me
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    What about me
    Depends on distance. I didn't dare to give any advice that I later have to eat up with a haggis as a side dish.

What every Rift user should get anyway, is VR covers with 'non-spongebob' material.
    As the original foam is so disgusting (well gets after a few hours of usage, and really hard to clean, also takes a lot of time to dry the mix of sweat and dead skin *urk*)
    When you pick the medium (?) package, you can choose one bigger for glasses, and a normal one (the inserts)
    About the different materials, I actually liked their normal standard black PU-leather the best, and I've had 12+ hour sessions without removing the Rift.

you said it worked OK without glasses? Does it work fine for more then an hour, or do you feel any eye strain? do you see all the numbers on the HUD clearly. If so there shouldn't be much problems as it is.
    Some find the VR covers bigger insert don't fit well with their glasses, so I leave the question, and final verdict, to the ones that are just on the limit with their vision/glasses
    CPU i7-6700K ~4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED),
    Wheel Logitech G27+Wheelstand Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1. (I'm currently busy being a Samurai or a Sniper)

Platform
    PC
    Those who have had lense inserts, do you remember how long they took for delivery?