Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Online skill rating calculation

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Angry Online skill rating calculation

Hej

I have been racing online in iRacing, Pcars and now Pcars 2. And the way this new rank system work is bad. I not hitting anyone but i keep lossing point. And people keeps driving up in other cars. it is easyer to drive with good people in iRacing then Pcars 2. I really fill like i just wasted my nmoney on something really bad. mad:

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Only the letter is related to your driving standards

The points are a reflection of the position you finish a race relative to others in that race. If you win a race you get some points. If you beat people with more points than you, you get some points. If you get beat by people with less points than you, you give them points.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes this ranking system sucks..

A server or internet fail cost me 35 points and after 110 races I am still U class. AND I DON'T HIT OTHER CARS. IT'S LIKE 75 RACES SINCE I RAMMED ANOTHER CAR.

111 races/ rank U1369. I must be the worst driver in the world.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjetting View Post
    Hej

I have been racing online in iRacing, Pcars and now Pcars 2. And the way this new rank system work is bad. I not hitting anyone but i keep lossing point. And people keeps driving up in other cars. it is easyer to drive with good people in iRacing then Pcars 2. I really fill like i just wasted my nmoney on something really bad. mad:
    If one or more lower ranking player have done before you, the system deduct some points from you. If you beat higher ranking players, you get points. There is nothing wrong with that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by GambitTheDane View Post
    Yes this ranking system sucks..

A server or internet fail cost me 35 points and after 110 races I am still U class. AND I DON'T HIT OTHER CARS. IT'S LIKE 75 RACES SINCE I RAMMED ANOTHER CAR.

111 races/ rank U1369. I must be the worst driver in the world.
    Are you sure you're racing in lobbys with the rating system switched on?

Also, I think the safety rating doesn't just look at contact but takes spins and going off track into consideration as well.

I've gone from U to A in less than 60 races and a friend has gone from U to B. All in public lobbys.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Djuvinile, ElNano, Greg Redd, hkraft300, justonce68, Ossnott, rich1e I

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, off tracks count against you for safety rating which I think is a good thing. It's very similar to iRacing in that respect.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bradleyland, ElNano, NeonFlux

Platform
    XBOX1
    A guys your letter is way more important than your number. The number is very important to but not as important as the letter.

The letter indicates how well you handle your car and it's about way more than just making contact with other cars. Hitting the cones on the track can take your letter rating down. The guy that's U with 111 races that's a problem. My first guess is that your going into unlicensed races.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bradleyland, kamtcho, NeonFlux

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    U should see me race.. Believe me, I'am not off the trace unless i'am pushed, and that happens way more than half the races I have participated in.

I have been a F rating twics, but chaos in the on the track and people hitting eachother, left and right, involving me makes my rating go down.

I must be cursed in some way..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    U should see me race ...

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GambitTheDane View Post
    U should see me race.. Believe me, I'am not off the trace unless i'am pushed, and that happens way more than half the races I have participated in.

I have been a F rating twics, but chaos in the on the track and people hitting eachother, left and right, involving me makes my rating go down.

I must be cursed in some way..
    Then avoid that chaos. Step back, wait for the chaos to unfold and take advantage by passing the wreckage safely
    Yes, I think it's a good idea to see u race. Capture it and post the video, I am sure poeple will then come up with more specific advice.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bradleyland, hkraft300, Ossnott