Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clio cup cars big mistake handling [No mistake handling]

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Clio cup cars big mistake handling [No mistake handling]

Wtf is it with the terrible handling of the clio cup cars? I got rid of pc2 a day after it came out because of the poor handling on the ps4 and was mid way through a clio cup career when i sold it. I then got it back again 2 days ago for the patch 2.0 on ps4 and i went straight to the clio cup career that was still saved and i very nearly got rid of the game again because it hadnt changed and was uncontrollable on my wheel.

Luckily i decided instead of chucking the game in the bin, i tried various other cars out and realised the handling is now perfect, which stopped me throwing in the towl. I now love it after patch 2.0 and its what it should have been all along, great handling.

Question: Why is an indycar, supercar and le mans car easier to handle than a dam clio! SMS need to watch it because if someone picks the clio as there starting car having got the game, there likely to jack it all in before its atarted.

We need the clio cups cars and touring cars to be like the toca series of old with full pack racing, not handling like a trolley with spin outs.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There is way to much lift off oversteer on all the front wheel drive cars with default setup it can be dialed out but should be better default also cold and slow to warm rear tires don't help

Platform
    PC
    Read this thread, particularly this post.

Clio (and other FF touring cars) have a very specific way of driving them. The diff and the colder rear tires make this car turn on a dime. The lift-off oversteer is not your enemy, it's your friend and key to quick cornering.

Quote Originally Posted by Johngrim View Post
    There is way to much lift off oversteer on all the front wheel drive cars with default setup
    Not on the FF road cars. Race cars is another thing, but it's certainly not too much.

And Patch 2.0 made them easier to handle than pre-patch.

EDIT: Here's a vid of me driving the Clio post patch, 5 laps, starting from cold tires. Not the fastest lap (0:52.123, potential 0:51.197), but certainly not slowpoking either.
    Last edited by Lars Rosenquist; 13-10-2017 at 13:33. Reason: patch remark
    PC: i7-4790k/16GB/GTX970 4GB/Z97-PRO/Logitech G27/Xbox 360 Controller
    Laptop: i7-6700HQ/16GB/GTX1070 8GB/Xbox One Controller
    LT Profiler: Strength: 100% - Spring 0% - Damper 0% - Center Spring 0% - 900 degrees - game can change
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Greg Redd, marioinspace, Mbondracing, Noisen, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    also, for what its worth:

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Nicholas Hamilton (Clio Cup Driver ) tested this car a lot in both pCARS1 and 2 and gave it a big thumbs up after giving all sorts of advice/criticism to the Devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Nicolas Hamilton who races in the Clio Cup series gave the OK for this car in game, so you cant get a better recommendation than that.
    He states that the first few laps in this car are like driving on ice.
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cpcdem, eracerhead, GTsimms, Lars Rosenquist, resmania, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PS4
    Lovely little race car. Nothing wrong with clio physics imo, but definately a challenge compared to racecars with more downforce. you should adapt your driving style to it.. Heated tires or not, the clio does not like you braking while cornering... 100% spin (or 75% actually cause it is catchable, wich wasnt the case in pcars 1)
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F2kSel, Lars Rosenquist, marioinspace, Mbondracing, Tbolt

Keena
    It's a great car once the setup is right. Increase pwr diff, nice brake bias fwd and most important use power to balance the rear. When it goes use pwr to tame it. The thread provided above by Lars has Loads of really good advice. Id read it in its entirety.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lars Rosenquist, marioinspace

Platform
    PC
    Brake straight, late apex, use lift-off oversteer to point the car in the right direction and floor it (FF so car will follow front wheels). That's the basic recipe. If you want to master the car I would suggest to pick a track like Brands Hatch GP or Indy, there are plenty of ghosts there to follow and setups to download in time trial. And it has some nasty corners, so if you can control it there you're good for other tracks.

And yes, in PC1 this car was much, much harder. (Still fun though).
    PC: i7-4790k/16GB/GTX970 4GB/Z97-PRO/Logitech G27/Xbox 360 Controller
    Laptop: i7-6700HQ/16GB/GTX1070 8GB/Xbox One Controller
    LT Profiler: Strength: 100% - Spring 0% - Damper 0% - Center Spring 0% - 900 degrees - game can change
    The following user likes this Post: marioinspace

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuvinile View Post
    Lovely little race car. Nothing wrong with clio physics imo, but definately a challenge compared to racecars with more downforce. you should adapt your driving style to it.. Heated tires or not, the clio does not like you braking while cornering... 100% spin (or 75% actually cause it is catchable, wich wasnt the case in pcars 1)
    AH! that may be my problem, whenever i brake around the corners the back end flies around and i give up. Im no race sim player and i will also be getting GT sport but i really do love the game now.
    Last edited by marioinspace; 13-10-2017 at 14:05.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Djuvinile, Lars Rosenquist

Keena
    One more thing- pay close attention to your rear tyre temps. You'll definately have to adjust pressure then probably camber to ensure it's heated correctly across the tyre width.
    Last edited by Keena; 13-10-2017 at 14:13. Reason: Spelling
    The following user likes this Post: TooMuchCyanide

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It is hard to get heat in the rear tyres in the Clio, so you have to work for it.
    Also if you get in a slight spin, accelerate hard as the FWD cars obviously use the power of the front wheels, the rear wheels just follow along.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Lars Rosenquist