Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire temps pcars 2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Tire temps pcars 2

Ok, still new to tuning. I was told for Pcars 1 that best to tune tires somewhere in 160 F to 220 F range for temp (depending on car) and match all 4 tires by adjusting pressure. Also try to get temp even across the tire as much as possible. Anyways, that does not seem to apply for Pcars 2 from what I can tell.

First, i assume solid green is the good range for tire temp? Yellow green would be starting to get too hot? See the attached pic for the Clio. I have solid green on bottom but temps (in Farenheit) are still far below anything like the range I mentioned above. Is this really what real life temps would be on this car? The top tires are looking yellow and still below the range above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171012_201814.jpg  

IMG_20171012_201822.jpg  

Platform
    PC
    Optimum temperature ranges will also very from compound to compound. So wet tires will not like the same temps as dry tires. GT3 slicks will be different than GT4 slicks.

And you want temps semi-consistent across the tire where its under its highest load (i.e. cornering)

Pretty much take any PC1 info and throw it out the window since everything has been reworked, and i think the 'yellow-green' is the goal color, at least that's what my GT3 tires are when in the 'optimum' range around 90C
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Have a look at this site and disc. Charts and ranges provided.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...ch-2-0.361962/
    The following 11 users likes this Post: bradleyland, cpcdem, David Slute, Djotto, drizzit, JDFSSS, jimmyb_84, mister dog, Rosinbag1, senna94f1, takaii

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That was an excellent link. Much appreciated.
    The following user likes this Post: Rosinbag1

That link just completely changed the entire feel of this game......AMAZING, THANK YOU!!!!
    I had no idea the tire model in this game was that sophisticated and detailed. Use to be one one of those that thought the ffb was weak, physics felt mushy but really it was all due to my tires not being up to temp.
    As the tire temp and psi started raising the tire detail and ffb increased and once they were around 32psi I was smiling from ear to ear for about 2hrs just driving lap after lap.

Cheers
    David
    DirtT Tuned Racing
    Steam ID: [DTR] David Slute

i5 3570k | Corsair 16 GB RAM | SLI EVGA GTX 970 4 GB SSC |Mobo GA-Z77X-UD5H | Samsung Evo 120gb SSD | 2 TB HDD | Corsair 800GS PSU | Windows 10 x64 | Dell 34 " ultrawide 3440 x 1440p | Thrustmaster TX GTE Rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals with inversion kit | Buttkicker Gamer
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, hkraft300, Ian Bell, jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Glad someone started this thread I've been testing tyres mainly in GTE/GT3 and found the compound and pressures are set by ambient/track temps rather than circuit type (as in PC1).

The link above seems to fill in the gaps of my understanding and it now all makes sense. Is there a list of tyre types (across different classes)? I feel more testing coming up.

Need to test wet/snow/rallycross tyres too! This game is so in-depth it's actually redicous.

As a side note, you can tell Jussi was involved the basic setups I've found to be quite good with a few minor changes for preference.

I feel a spreadsheet coming on.........
    YouTube Channel
    Official Host for UK PS4 pad users Sunday Racers thread
    My setups, mostly GT3 Pcars Setup Website
    PSN: jimmy_b_84
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PC
    The spreadsheets already exist @jimmyb_84

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...alculator-v0-9
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following user likes this Post: jimmyb_84

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    The spreadsheets already exist @jimmyb_84

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...alculator-v0-9
    I'm after something that sorts my pressures out I'm not able to look at Jussi's witchcraft at the moment but will later
    YouTube Channel
    GT3 Pit Stop Guide Strategy Calculator (Version 2 for Open Office and Google Sheets)

Platform
    PS4
    Been doing some tyre testing all track/ambient temps in fahrenheit and tyre pressure in Bar and tyre temps in centigrade (i know can't decide which metric to use)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 22.35.45.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	242942

Any way I noticed while testing that hard tyres don't mind being above 32 PSI/ 2.2 Bar I even managed my fastest lap at long beach while rears were at 2.6 Bar same at Dubai in high temps managed one of my fastest laps, once I got the tyre up to pressure/temp.

I also recommend trying the Long Beach Soft in winter combo It was brilliant.

I'll do Bathurst next with winter/summer combo keeping everything the same sunny/dry/midday start and readings after 5 laps. An amount of fine tuning and guess work also required to get everything spot on.
    YouTube Channel
    The following user likes this Post: tennenbaum

Platform
    PC
    I was checking this thread and the thread mentioned in one of the posts, but still need someone to shed some light on this, please.

AFAIK I am used to setting the camber in a way that the inner tire temperature is between 0 and 5 Celsius hotter than the outside temperature of the tyre. (After running a few laps)
    Once this is done, checking the temperature of the middle of the tire. It should be between the inner and outer temperature. For example: Inner temperature: 85, outer temperature: 82 --> Middle temperature should read 83,5. If it higher than 83,5, then there is too much preassure in the tyre, making it round like a balloon, thus a not so optimal contact patch, grip and tyre wear. If the middle temperature is below 83,5, then it is underinflated, because the flanks of the tyres are stiffer, hence again a bad contact patch, grip and wear.

Following the procedure above we should actually somehow come to the preassure that is recommended by the manufacturer, or not? Because you have the most grip when you have a proper contact patch and perfect tyre temperature. If not, is it more important to come to the exact preassure, or is it more important to follow the procedure above? Or a balance? I'm confused....

Because as of now I would adjust the camber and the tyre preassure according to the procedure above, in order to get a perfect contact patch. And tweak suspension in order to gain more heat if necessary, while maintaining the optimal contact patch...
    Last edited by Marlborofranz; 16-10-2017 at 11:26.