Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which car no matter how hard you try can you just not get a handle on?

Platform
    PC

Question Which car no matter how hard you try can you just not get a handle on?

For me it's the Chevy Camaro ZL-1. This has to be the most unforgiving car in the game for me. What's that? You are doing 30 mph uphill and want to make a 60 degree turn? Nah, I'm just gonna plow straight ahead into the barrier like you locked the brakes at 120mph. Oh you want to put power down on the straight? Better not hit a pebble in the road or you are about to enjoy a roller coaster ride of body roll and spinouts. I have tried setup after setup and I just can't make it work with this car. Either you get massive understeer or the rear end on this thing wants to kick out the moment your foot even thinks about putting a toe nail on the throttle. It makes me wonder who came up with those in game ratings for ease of handling. They gave this car 1/3 which put its in the easiest tier. There is nothing easy about this car. It never behaves the same way twice. If you want a real challenge try this bad boy on California Highway and try to set a decent time. You will spend more time on the brake than you do on the throttle.

So that's my kryptonite, whats everybody elses?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The 935 owns me like a rented mule ..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It feels that it's got rocket fuel in it and unable to gently accelerate , grips like skating on ice, steady as in a 200mph wind. I've fiddled a bit with settings and improved a fair bit but it's weird. Changed from FA to FRenault and on defaults and it was a (good) dream, with latest patch nightmare again and better in FA. I'll be manually setting the Fanatec Clubsport pedals as I have to press too hard and long on the brakes at present.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrace View Post
    For me it's the Chevy Camaro ZL-1. This has to be the most unforgiving car in the game for me. What's that? You are doing 30 mph uphill and want to make a 60 degree turn? Nah, I'm just gonna plow straight ahead into the barrier like you locked the brakes at 120mph. Oh you want to put power down on the straight? Better not hit a pebble in the road or you are about to enjoy a roller coaster ride of body roll and spinouts. I have tried setup after setup and I just can't make it work with this car. Either you get massive understeer or the rear end on this thing wants to kick out the moment your foot even thinks about putting a toe nail on the throttle. It makes me wonder who came up with those in game ratings for ease of handling. They gave this car 1/3 which put its in the easiest tier. There is nothing easy about this car. It never behaves the same way twice. If you want a real challenge try this bad boy on California Highway and try to set a decent time. You will spend more time on the brake than you do on the throttle.

So that's my kryptonite, whats everybody elses?
    I don't know. I just took it for a spin at Silverstone National after reading this. It's as fast as the some GT4s and Touring cars with barely any set up. Nearly impossible to spin. The default springs are too soft here. Go ahead and drive my set up. 1:00.700 you could break into the 59's.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Did you share your setup with me in game? Either way Ill give that track a shot and report back on what my time is just for giggles.

Platform
    PC
    Did you share your setup with me in game? Either way Ill give that track a shot and report back on what my time is just for giggles.
    Yes, just go to TT, I hope you like it, if not give me feedback and I'll change it.
    Oh, Copse is the first corner at the start finish straight. Start braking at the 200 marker to your left for the right hander, do not run wide, go for the apex.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 14-10-2017 at 02:54.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Yes, just go to TT, I hope you like it, if not give me feedback and I'll change it.
    Oh, Copse is the first corner at the start finish straight. Start braking at the 200 marker to your left for the right hander, do not run wide, go for the apex.
    Sorry I didn't see this until now. With my setups and about 10 laps worth of trying the best I could pull was a 1:02.097 which is a massive deficit on a track that size. What's killing me is the last 2 turns. The car feels like a vacuum is pulling me to the outside. Ill give yours a go and see how she feels. I want to love this car so Im willing to do what I can to get it feeling right.

Platform
    PC
    Sorry I didn't see this until now. With my setups and about 10 laps worth of trying the best I could pull was a 1:02.097 which is a massive deficit on a track that size. What's killing me is the last 2 turns. The car feels like a vacuum is pulling me to the outside. Ill give yours a go and see how she feels. I want to love this car so Im willing to do what I can to get it feeling right.
    Ok Bubba, You can go to the GARAGE section and I will help you with your set ups, we'll work it out.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Ok Bubba, You can go to the GARAGE section and I will help you with your set ups, we'll work it out.
    Yea I wasn't able to find your setup. I checked in my list and there were only things from SMS and myself in there. The share button was grayed out. One thing I did learn is that for some reason my setups weren't applying. I had to load them twice. It seems to have helped me a lot now that they are actually working. I do think the 2 seconds difference honestly could be you are just faster than me. I know I can improve in the last 2 corners, but not 2 seconds worth lol.

Platform
    PC
    Yea I wasn't able to find your setup. I checked in my list and there were only things from SMS and myself in there. The share button was grayed out. One thing I did learn is that for some reason my setups weren't applying. I had to load them twice. It seems to have helped me a lot now that they are actually working. I do think the 2 seconds difference honestly could be you are just faster than me. I know I can improve in the last 2 corners, but not 2 seconds worth lol.
    Hey Bubba, go here. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...Car-Setup-Talk