Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worth upgrading to T3PA?

Platform
    PS4

Worth upgrading to T3PA?

Hi, I have the T150 which Ive been really quite happy with but less happy with the brake. Im toying with upgrading the pedals to the normal (not pro) T3PA pedals. Theyre pretty cheap and the conical brake mod looks tempting.

Does anyone have experience of this combo? Worth it for better braking feel? Im short on space so use a wheel stand pro as my rig if that matters.

Platform
    PS4
    I have T300RS and I have upgraded to T3PA pedals and i think they are worth it. Great set and breaking feels more immersive. I also recommend to get Th8a shifter with this pedals. Gear chaging in old H Shifter cars with manual clutch is very satisfying.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Definitely worth it, much more progressive feel. Here is a good review and any info you need :

The following user likes this Post: Rosinbag1

Platform
    PC
    Yes, but I would recommend the pro!
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Killg0re NL, maxx69

Platform
    PC
    Don't really want to be a party pooper but I just sent my T3PA Pro pedals back as within 4 weeks the throttle pedal started spiking badly, having looked up on youtube and various forums quite a few people are having the same issue.

I would advise reading up as much as you can but as with everything maybe I just got unlucky, how quickly the problem appeared has put me off having them replaced so I went for a refund, having said that had it not been for that throttle problem I though the pedals with the conical brake mod fitted were really good for the low cost.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've had mine for about 18 months... Much more immersive but you really need the T3PA gearshift as well to get the best out of them!

Platform
    PS4
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions and link. I took the plunge and have ordered them. The shifter might be next!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Robhd

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The T3PA pedals are $110, while the T3PA-Pro pedals are $150. IMO, the extra $40 is worth it for the upgrade in quality. The base on the T3PA-Pro pedals is much nicer, and the conical brake mod is less prone to failure. The way the brake mod mounts is completely different. The Pro pedals mount it inside a steel C-channel, while the regular pedals use a long bracket. My bracket cracked and broke at the base. It's just a matter of fatigue.

My T3PA brake pedals broke after about 1.5 years of usage. That's not terrible, but for $40 more, you can get pedals that are far less likely to break, so I think it's worth the extra money.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: maxx69

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	242866

I am another that loves the t3pa pro pedals. Had mine for over a year and still consider them to be awesome. The conical brake mod is a must to me, total game changer to not having it fitted. I Recently bought a heavier duty item from ebay (think its called the DB mod) that has improved things even more for me. Better resistance to pressure and a nicer feel (obviously a personal preference). I wish I had done a side by side pic, but the others on here will know just by looking at their conical mod that this is considerably beefier.

The only downside I found was that on GT Sport (which insanely doesn't have a pedal calibration option) the brake was hard to press enough for good heavy braking feel on that game, whilst in pcars it's awesome.

The vanilla t3pa pedals looked a little like all I would be getting was more of the same as came with the t300 but with an extra pedal, while the pro set (albeit more expensive) looked, and are, considerably more substantial. Plus you have the option to invert them to use in top mount (like most regular cars) or floor mount.

The th8a shifter is sublime though. No qualms about saying thats the best thing since sliced bread in shifter terms. Nice, solid and feels spot on. You can adjust the weight/feel of the shift if its too soft/hard for your liking. The only thing I wasnt keen on was the gear knob, its a cheap feeling item. But you can get any normal car universal gear knob for it. Be aware though, its an odd size thread. I cant remember the actual thread size, but when I went to look for one I found very few threaded items online in UK to fit it. Also, transitioning from H shifter to sequential is a bit of a faff. But all I use is the H shifter or paddles on the wheel. Its never set up as a sequential.
    Last edited by Diablo944; 15-10-2017 at 04:39. Reason: Th8a stuff
    Grandstand/Atari VCS/zx81/ZX Spectrum 48k/CBM 64/Atari STfm/CBM Amiga/Sega master system/Sega Genesis/Sega32x/Sega Saturn/SegaDreamcast/Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64/Sony PSX/Playstation 2/Playstation 3/Playstation 4/xbox/Xbox360/Lots of pc's/Plus Lots of portable gaming stuff/dfgt/thrustmaster t300rs with pro pedals and th8a.
    The following user likes this Post: -SRM- Dino

Platform
    PC
    I have the T3PA (not the pro) pedals with the rubber mod. I stumbled upon the spring mod for these pedals.
    Does anyone has experience with this? Does this spring replace the rubber mod or is it an addition to?
    Do you need to buy 3 springs for each pedal 1 or just only for the break pedal.
    Is it worth to spend the money on these?
    See site underneath, this is a Dutch site so I used goole translate to make it readable for you non Dutchies.

https://translate.google.nl/translat...a-pedalen.html
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 15-10-2017 at 20:45.