Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CONSTANTLY disconnected from multiplayer. Good internet connection.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    That has NOTHING to do with the latency and more importantly, stability between your computer/console and the router (before even getting out of there).

Especially with so much saturated 2.4GHz frequency (even microwaves can interfere).

I'm on 5GHz wi-fi and yet, I do use a cable to my router for long distance races.

Not to mention some wifi HW is just bad.

So why is the online experience SO bad with PCars2?

I can play F1 2017 online with ZERO issues.

At the moment I have spent more time in the menu screen than actually playing online.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I really want to support everyone here pointing out that Multiplayer needs to be immproved. Racing is fantastic and whenever I finish a race it feels like you get out of a real racecar. Awesome.
    But the stability of the online connections can be extremely frustrating, especially with the new rating system.
    Yesterday evening it took me 30 minutes to find the first lobby where I could enter a qualify. Four times it crashed before finishing the qualify, but at least I was not loosing points.
    Then I had three sessions where I finished the races and ended up woth some 40 points in the plus. Everything felt awesome.
    Then in the last race the session crahsed and I lost 41 points!!!
    Until now I lost some 150-200 points due to this.
    I have a very stable and fast wired internet connection. Played last winter days of NHL online with almost no issues.
    So for me, this being fixed or improved has the highest priority.
    For the rest I really enjoy the realism and speed of this game!
    My 2 cent...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefferzzzz View Post
    So why is the online experience SO bad with PCars2?

I can play F1 2017 online with ZERO issues.

At the moment I have spent more time in the menu screen than actually playing online.
    Beats me. I have no issues (except with STEAM when I do)

But try to ping a computer (or your phone) from your PC via wireless and use a cable and do the same (disable the wireless to avoid routing issues).

Let me know what's more stable. Just loading a webpage can make the latency go up.

And then again, I'm pretty sure F1 2017 doesn't have to sync the amount of info pC2 does.

The fluctuations on the wireless, especially with the saturated 2.4 band SUCKS.

Just pass a big file over wireless and cable from one pc to another and look at the speed difference too.

Anyway, lots on this on the web. Feel free to look for it.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    Beats me. I have no issues (except with STEAM when I do)

But try to ping a computer (or your phone) from your PC via wireless and use a cable and do the same (disable the wireless to avoid routing issues).

Let me know what's more stable. Just loading a webpage can make the latency go up.

And then again, I'm pretty sure F1 2017 doesn't have to sync the amount of info pC2 does.

The fluctuations on the wireless, especially with the saturated 2.4 band SUCKS.

Just pass a big file over wireless and cable from one pc to another and look at the speed difference too.

Anyway, lots on this on the web. Feel free to look for it.
    I do appreciate you getting back to me on this and the suggestions. Unfortunately a wired connection just isn't feasible.

Has the issue actually been looked into at the SMS side of things?

Platform
    PC
    I hope you're not waiting for my answer on SMS work

wrt to wifi, is practical, just not for gaming.

Here, if you even try to complain about connections to your IP first thing they ask is if you're on wi-fi. I love to see people saying speedtest_net says they can't get their contracted speeds

Seriously, it's THAT bad. I'm on 5GHz and I don't trust wi-fi for longer races. And I don't even use the crap IP router.

I do understand the cabling nuisances but it is what it is. You simply can't work around this.

Yes you now have dual, tri and quad band routers... and yes, you can max your line (on 5GHz at least) but the latency though, will still be inconsistent.

/edit
    Just to make it clear. I'm not saying SMS can't optimize or even fix a possible bug in the net code. My point is, wi-fi just isn't reliable.
    Last edited by RomKnight; 20-10-2017 at 15:45.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    WiFi is garbage for gaming. If you can't hardwire consider buying a wall plug Ethernet extender. It uses the power wiring your walls to extend a hard wired connection to another room. Next best thing to running a long cat5e cable.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    constantly disconnected- witch cable and NAT open

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Guys from SMS

I think this is the Major problem of the game. Basically most of the times we have problems playing in private lobbies

I have a league in Brazil of F1 2017 and Pcars 2. Same players

F1 2017 we put 22 player (including comentators) and have no problems at all.

In PCars 2 i can't put 14...16 player on private lobby

Players start to get disconnected with no reason. Player with great connection, open NAT, wired cable....we tried everything.

We are getting very frustrated

In Pcars 1 lobby works well (still working).

We did a lot of tests...and for me this is the MAJOR problem...because if we can't play with our friends, the game loses a lot of value. The other problems are minor issues that upcoming patches will fix...but this one for me is the main problem.

So please, please....try to fix this lobbies issues....it will be a Huge improvement for Xbox fans. The game is great, but we can't play.

Many thanks
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ApeXShaver, Dynomight Motorsports, Renatojsp

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Many more points lost on the license today

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    There's something up with pCARS 2 MP, and it's not isolated to wireless connections or players with NAT issues. We constantly struggle with lobby issues.

- Players' CRL rank doesn't show up.
    - Car selection isn't available.
    - Players' livery cycles rapidly in the lobby player list.
    - Players cannot join sessions.
    - Players frequently disconnected.

You can see the issue in this stream from our racing yesterday. It corrects itself... Sometimes. Have a look at 4h17m in this video. You'll see the livery cycling and the streamer (BossFlossy) is stuck on LMP900 when I (bradleyland) changed the lobby to the Esperante GTR1. We restarted the lobby as "Same Class", and everyone still cannot select their car. We constantly struggle with this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1xMYHx4pe0&t=4h17m
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following user likes this Post: ApeXShaver