Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FFB on Braking - slip FFB effect

Ciccina2016

Cool FFB on Braking - slip FFB effect

Dear SMS

quick and sweet question.

Can you please implement the following FFB effect called SLIP FFB?

What is slip FFB?

This is a fictional parameter that is meant to simulate the feeling of traction loss in your tires. It is a percentage of how loose your steering wheel feels when your tires lose traction. 0% is no effect when tires loss traction and 100% is very loose.

This is an effect which has been "developed" by Kunos for Assetto Corsa and brings the FFB experience to the next level.

Please check the article below

http://xboxracingpro.com/best-racing...x-one-and-ps4/

If you include this feature , PC2 will become the king of the hill of racing simulation! IMO.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Alex1996, LukeC

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccina2016 View Post
    Dear SMS

What is slip FFB?

This is a fictional parameter that is meant to simulate the feeling of traction loss in your tires. It is a percentage of how loose your steering wheel feels when your tires lose traction. 0% is no effect when tires loss traction and 100% is very loose.

This is an effect which has been "developed" by Kunos for Assetto Corsa and brings the FFB experience to the next level.

If you include this feature , PC2 will become the king of the hill of racing simulation! IMO.
    The FFB in PC2 is great, but it's missing something...and this is it.

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to FFB stuff, but have tried numerous tweaks, jack spade files etc.. hoping to get this feeling of traction loss (a lighter wheel), to no avail...
    IMO, AC feels better to drive because of this feeling, I would love to see (feel) it in PC2.

Of course, if it's already possible, then would love to know what settings to use on a Thrustmaster TX.
    The following user likes this Post: LukeC

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Unless I’m mistaken its tire slip, and it is in pc2. Turn tone up to feel more slip and less curbs and bumps.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccina2016 View Post
    Dear SMS

What is slip FFB?

This is something that I would also very much like to see, because at the moment it's very difficult to feel tyre slip until it's often too late. This is particularly true under braking for me.
    Last edited by LukeC; 17-10-2017 at 23:09.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0cool77 View Post
    Unless I’m mistaken its tire slip, and it is in pc2. Turn tone up to feel more slip and less curbs and bumps.
    You are correct. More specifically, when using the Informational FFB flavor, with Tone set to low, you will feel more front slip during braking, at high values more during cornering and towards the middle feeling both, although at about half strength each. At least this has been my experience.
    Last edited by David Semperger; 17-10-2017 at 23:12.
    AMD Ryzen 1700 3.0ghz | Asus Prime B350-Plus | 16GB G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZB | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G | Corsair Neutron 120gb SSD | Windows 10 64bit

Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera wheel | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals | Driver version 115

Resolution 1920x1080 | Windowed Mode NO | Texture Resolution HIGH | Texture Filtering 16x | V-Sync OFF (Adaptive from nV CP) | Anti-Aliasing MSAA MEDIUM | Reflections HIGH | Environment Map HIGH | Car Detail HIGH | Track Detail HIGH | Pit Crew Detail ALL | Shadow Detail HIGH | Enhanced Mirror YES | Motion Blur HIGH | Render Frames Ahead 4 | Detailed Grass HIGH | Particle Level HIGH | Particle Density HIGH

All Visual FX options enabled
    The following user likes this Post: eracerhead

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I believe by menu definition the high end is tire effects (slip) and the low end is is surface (kerbs and bumps)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I believe by menu definition the high end is tire effects (slip) and the low end is is surface (kerbs and bumps)
    True, that is the definition in the menu, but at low Tone I've also found that I could much more easily tell when my fronts locked up during braking, by the wheel going really light. That is clearly an effect of slip as well.
    AMD Ryzen 1700 3.0ghz | Asus Prime B350-Plus | 16GB G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZB | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G | Corsair Neutron 120gb SSD | Windows 10 64bit

Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera wheel | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals | Driver version 115

Resolution 1920x1080 | Windowed Mode NO | Texture Resolution HIGH | Texture Filtering 16x | V-Sync OFF (Adaptive from nV CP) | Anti-Aliasing MSAA MEDIUM | Reflections HIGH | Environment Map HIGH | Car Detail HIGH | Track Detail HIGH | Pit Crew Detail ALL | Shadow Detail HIGH | Enhanced Mirror YES | Motion Blur HIGH | Render Frames Ahead 4 | Detailed Grass HIGH | Particle Level HIGH | Particle Density HIGH

All Visual FX options enabled
    The following 3 users likes this Post: gotdirt410sprintcar, Madwak55, Martini Da Gasalini

Platform
    PC
    I'm going from memory here, I should have taken notes :P.
    With tone turned up, the wheel feels heavier overall and I seem to feel more weight movement of the car, but no sign of understeer, thats with it at 100.

With it turned down, the understeer effect does exist (I think) but its very very difficult to feel it, overall the wheel feels light (so volume needs raising) but even then, the difference when understeering is minimal at best, thats with it at 0.

Obviously, I have tried different increments, not just the extremes. If it does exist, maybe an option similar to AC's could be good...

Quoted from elsewhere:
    Enhanced Understeer.
    What you need to know, is that when you turn the wheel too much and get your front tires understeering (slipping), the force on the steering wheel drops slightly/subtlety (car dependent). You should feel when you are understeering. Some wheels are quite hard to feel this drop. That's why this option is available. It increases the drop in force in an understeer condition.
    Or, if that could be done with a custom ffb file, I would love to know how.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You’re thinking volume. Volume makes the wheel feel heavier but on the process of doing so it masks dynamic ffb effects. That includes surface and slip effects.

Ciccina2016
    Quote Originally Posted by David Semperger View Post
    True, that is the definition in the menu, but at low Tone I've also found that I could much more easily tell when my fronts locked up during braking, by the wheel going really light. That is clearly an effect of slip as well.
    I was tempted not to open this thread as now it will start the endless debate if ffb in pc2 has slip effect or not. Dear david i work with tone 90 and i can assure you that the effect i have been talking about has nothing to do with what you are referring to.
    It is essentially a distinctive vibration once you lose contact with tarmac which is not implemented in the game.
    You take any car , reach 200 km/h , disable abs and brake.. you don t feel any vibration. AC does.

seriously , can we ask Sms to implement this?
    Last edited by Ciccina2016; 18-10-2017 at 14:22.
    The following user likes this Post: Ski01