Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [THE INSIDER'S GUIDE] Weekly In-game Guide by Yorkie065

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The game really needs an explanation about Real Weather Settings.

Where does the data come from? Will each session have its own setting? Does time progression affect weather progression when Real Weather is selected? (weather progression is grayed out when real weather is chosen) Is track progression, how fast it dries out or become wet, affected by time progression when real weather is selected?

How many "slots" is it? Is this affected by time progression?
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Suggestion: Go over the different tire model colors (for the longest I thought having it in the blue(ish) green was best), go over how to quickly request a pit select strategy, the normal stuff there and yes FFB in detail would be great. Lots of people arguing over what each option does and doesn't do. In the Future? Go over setups in detail after they have been tweaked a bit more. Love your videos keep up the good work!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh here's something else that's been needed since pCARS1 days. The telemetry HUD needs a thorough explanation. What do all the different numbers and figures mean, and most importantly, what should you do with that information?

What tire temps am I looking for to know whether the camber needs to be toned down or pushed further. How do I know if I can bring down the ride height even more, or what do I look for to know it's too much? What do the lines going around the tire mean, and what do I do with this information.

Actionable intelligence, in other words.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Some suggestions on the steps to go through to set up a car in sim land. Not the actual steps like what roll bars do but rather in what order, what to look for. At the moment im rocking up and dont really have a good method..
    Hey mate, this is something I found on here and used initially till I kind of work out my own order/method, hope it helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11443D39-925A-47C4-95FF-537230FB00C5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	243438

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Some suggestions on the steps to go through to set up a car in sim land. Not the actual steps like what roll bars do but rather in what order, what to look for. At the moment im rocking up and dont really have a good method..
    I would like to see this as well. Perhaps starting with a track and 'loose' setup where there are some obvious handling issues. Then lead us through a dialogue of each handling issue in order and what change to try. The tuning flowcharts help, but I often have difficulty discerning small changes in car handling. Watching the process a knowledgeable tuner goes through would really help. Especially one where we can try same steps and see if we can get similar results to you. Thanks for the videos. I appreciate the time and effort you put into them

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    OP updated with Episode 2: Pit Strategies and ICM Tutorial
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: bcruise, Bealdor, Sessionerror

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    Am I missing something or does the PC version have lap estimates on fuel now that the consoles don't? If I go into my pit strategies all I see are the liters of fuel with no lap estimation. PS4 version.

Great vid btw, very informative.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bcruise View Post
    Am I missing something or does the PC version have lap estimates on fuel now that the consoles don't? If I go into my pit strategies all I see are the liters of fuel with no lap estimation. PS4 version.

Great vid btw, very informative.
    Most likely a newer build.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roger Prynne, Sessionerror

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Absolutely enjoy Yorkie's episode 2 video with the ICM and pit strategies.

Here is maybe an idea for a future episode: Taking a new car out to the track. That would mean if you want to try out a new car, how do you start with it? Do you jump straight into a race, do you first go to a private practice session? Which weather? Which tyres, which setup? I personally prefer to actually go to time trials since there your tires are already pre-warmed and the temperature is always perfect, so that you can fully focus on the car and the car feeling and not having to worry about cold tyres or weather.

I think this would be great info for new players using a new car for the first time since you often see messages like "car X sucks" but who knows maybe they were on cold tires without even realizing it.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 30-10-2017 at 18:09.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: diesel97, senna94f1

Platform
    PC
    Very nice and useful, thanks big big!